Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ward Off to Burnley?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus: Don't shoot the messenger. Burnley have hijacked the Ward deal after #bhafc agreed personal terms with him. Didn't show for medical.

You are quite correct mate

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We've creamed in 17 MILLION since January and the club are probably haggling over a couple of hundred thousand
It looks as though it's backfired with Ward. I say 'looks', as for all we know, Burnley had been in touch with Ward's agent all along, and we never had a chance. But we haven't 'creamed in' anything. You realise that we're running at a huge loss every year, that is funded by Bloom? The transfers to date have been going the wrong way, and I'm as disappointed as everyone else. But I don't believe for 1 minute that Bloom has been funding £15m losses, just so that he could give up after a couple of years. We've recently got a load of money, and I'm sure the club are working out how best to spend it.

Despite this the club continues with there year on year price hikes on tickets, food, drink etc

I'm sorry but they are taking the piss now
Price hikes are a separate issue, and many will feel prices are too high. But given the losses TB is funding, I hardly think he's taking the piss.

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
He's a left back mate . Relegated twice . Did well on loan.

I'm not worrying. You can if you like

Are you talking about the same left back who was part of the second best defence in the championship last season??

Ah I can see what you mean now!

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
I've been saying it for weeks and keep being shot down by the 'Club is King' brigade....players want to feel that you really WANT them, some are like kids looking for confirmation of love.

How many times has a player signed for a club and then commented how they made him feel that he was their number 1 choice, the club pulled out all the stops to get me here etc.

Stockdale also said it, that the club paid a good fee for him and showed him they really rated him and wanted him here.

Contrast that with our lack of urgency with Ward, we didn't want to pay £100k for him because we paid most of his wages last season. We had him here last season ffs so we knew everything we needed to know and we still played silly buggers and now he has (apparently) stuck 2 fingers up at us and rightly so IMO.

I'm sure I will get labelled as a bed wetter (again) but the reality is we are fast becoming a laughing stock when it comes to player recruitment.

Stumpy Tim

Oh seriously p*ss off, just because Im not quick to blame the club like most of NSC at times like these, doesnt mean Im on a high horse or not allowed to post what I believe. We dont have many facts about this, the club may well be fully to blame and they will badly need to be asked questions if they are, but we dont know this.

We dont know how Wolves and Ward have acted either, but yet apparently they are blame-free ? More is needed for me before the blame game is played.

Innocent until proven guilty......except on NSC it seems.

Unfortunately he's right. I've firmly been behind Bloom, Burke et al, but this is yet another utter f*ck up in our recruitment policy. Each screw up you seem to send 50 tweets saying how ridiculous Brighton fans are complaining.

Thank f*ck you weren't around in the 90's when the owners really needed watching.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I've been saying it for weeks and keep being shot down by the 'Club is King' brigade....players want to feel that you really WANT them, some are like kids looking for confirmation of love.

How many times has a player signed for a club and then commented how they made him feel that he was their number 1 choice, the club pulled out all the stops to get me here etc.

Stockdale also said it, that the club paid a good fee for him and showed him they really rated him and wanted him here.

Contrast that with our lack of urgency with Ward, we didn't want to pay £100k for him because we paid most of his wages last season. We had him here last season ffs so we knew everything we needed to know and we still played silly buggers and now he has (apparently) stuck 2 fingers up at us and rightly so IMO.

I'm sure I will get labelled as a bed wetter (again) but the reality is we are fast becoming a laughing stock when it comes to player recruitment.
....OR a PL team came in at the last minute, offered him a couple of grand extra a week and the chance to play against the best. Its a short career and as we know its "every players dream to play in the Premier League."

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
If the we had done the deal in July like you said Burnley would just have come and got him then instead. Would have made no difference. Plus if you are a player or and agent who knows there is interest why the hell would you sign the first thing offered to you? You wait and play everyone off against each other and take the most money. Burnley can offer more money than us, so we can not compete with them. Simple.
Not sure I agree with this. That early in summer they may have been weighing up lots of options and therefore been less committal. But now they may be clear on last few pieces required and being quick to address. We on the other hand now go into negotiations with the distinct disadvantage that people know we are getting desperate. I am losing faith in the fact we are not even closing deals with people we have established relationships with.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Unfortunately he's right. I've firmly been behind Bloom, Burke et al, but this is yet another utter f*ck up in our recruitment policy. Each screw up you seem to send 50 tweets saying how ridiculous Brighton fans are complaining.

Thank f*ck you weren't around in the 90's when the owners really needed watching.

Here we go again, so because I not slating the club at this time, id have supported Archer and Belotti ? You could not be more f*cking wrong !!

The intelligence levels on here tonight clearly arent very high. I have stated a few thousand times already, mostly to yourself, that you cannot judge the club at this time without full facts. It may well be a colossal f*ck up by the club, which if it is - they must be held accountable.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
That's it! I'm off to wet the bed over the non signing of a left back that NO OTHER TEAM wanted until Burnley fancied a panic buy.

Too late! I've wet myself ......

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
That's it! I'm off to wet the bed over the non signing of a left back that NO OTHER TEAM wanted until Burnley fancied a panic buy.

Too late! I've wet myself ......
It makes it WORSE if nobody else wanted him until now - if true, which I doubt. He was supposedly our number one choice in this position. Yet three months since his last game for us we have seemingly failed to get him.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Here we go again, so because I not slating the club at this time, id have supported Archer and Belotti ? You could not be more f*cking wrong !!

The intelligence levels on here tonight clearly arent very high. I have stated a few thousand times already, mostly to yourself, that you cannot judge the club at this time without full facts. It may well be a colossal f*ck up by the club, which if it is - they must be held accountable.

I'm practically a cripple and I could have crawled up to Wolverhampton offered him the job and crawled back with him on my back in the time since the Derby game and still have had him here in time for pre-season training
forget the rest there are no excuses

Stumpy Tim

I didn't say you supported Belotti & Archer, but maybe your intelligence doesn't stretch to reading my post eh. You don't seem capable of questioning our execs. They've deservedly earnt a lot of respect over the past few years, but they also deserve to be questioned about a disastrous recent recruitment policy. If you just accept the given version then your opinion is pointless.

The great dictators, Hitler included, succeeded by taking advantage of people who didn't question him. And no, I'm not calling you a Nazi.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I'm practically a cripple and I could have crawled up to Wolverhampton offered him the job and crawled back with him on my back in the time since the Derby game and still have had him here in time for pre-season training
forget the rest there are no excuses

What if Wolves were dragging their heels or if Ward wanted more in wages (as was first being reported).

Things we dont fully know which the club MUST set straight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here