Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Vigil TV Series

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The ending of each episode is getting more and more silly. First, we have a woman who thinks someone is after her so when told to find somewhere safe, she stands under a street light on a deserted road. Next we have a police woman being followed in her car who is told that back up will be there in 9 minutes, so instead of driving around for 9 minutes, she goes straight to a car park. And then we get last night's tripe.

I will see it out just to see if my prediction that Endeavour did it comes true, but thank goodness Bob was fishing beforehand as if this was going to be the highlight of my week's TV entertainment, I would be sorely disappointed.

The 9 minutes was in the dead centre of Glasgow, a city with 100’s of officers who in modern times could respond to a terrorist incident within seconds for example.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The quality of this series has fallen off a cliff over the last couple of weeks. I’ll stick it out but have very low expectations now.

Getting sillier and sillier

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The quality of this series has fallen off a cliff over the last couple of weeks. I’ll stick it out but have very low expectations now.

Getting sillier and sillier

I don't disagree, but at half 9 on a Sunday evening it's about as much as I can be bothered to deal with!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It wasn't too bad all in all, lots of twists even in the last episode with the XO and that slightly dodgy seaman looking like they were in on the sabotage too. Glad to see Morse made it.

Great performance from the boats captain who managed to steer his way through a perfect storm of calamities and literary keep them afloat.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
For S2, the BBC has revealed that the action will take place in the sky.

Following multiple unexplained fatalities at a Scottish military facility, Silva (Suranne Jones) and Longacre (Rose Leslie) are tasked with uncovering the cause. Entering the hostile and closed ranks of the air force, the pair must face the deadly warfare of tomorrow as they fight for their own future.

Furthermore, Jones and Leslie will be joined by Romola Garai, Dougray Scott, Amir El-Masry, David Elliot, Chris Jenks, Tommy Sim’aan, Oscar Salem, Jonathan Ajayi and Hiba Medina in her first major TV role, all playing key roles across the six new episodes.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
For S2, the BBC has revealed that the action will take place in the sky.

Following multiple unexplained fatalities at a Scottish military facility, Silva (Suranne Jones) and Longacre (Rose Leslie) are tasked with uncovering the cause. Entering the hostile and closed ranks of the air force, the pair must face the deadly warfare of tomorrow as they fight for their own future.

Furthermore, Jones and Leslie will be joined by Romola Garai, Dougray Scott, Amir El-Masry, David Elliot, Chris Jenks, Tommy Sim’aan, Oscar Salem, Jonathan Ajayi and Hiba Medina in her first major TV role, all playing key roles across the six new episodes.
Oh dear more tosh incoming!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
As we all remember, series one took place on a submarine (named Vigil), so the question for this second run was always going to be: where would the story be set this time. The BBC says that Amy Silva (Suranne Jones) and Kirsten Longacre (Rose Leslie) “look to the skies as they enter the secret world of drone warfare to catch a killer”.

Following multiple deaths at a Scottish weapons test, Silva and Longacre are tasked with finding out the cause. Entering the closed ranks of the air force in Scotland and the Middle East, the pair face the deadly warfare of tomorrow as they fight for their own uncertain future.

Later this year.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As we all remember, series one took place on a submarine (named Vigil), so the question for this second run was always going to be: where would the story be set this time. The BBC says that Amy Silva (Suranne Jones) and Kirsten Longacre (Rose Leslie) “look to the skies as they enter the secret world of drone warfare to catch a killer”.

Following multiple deaths at a Scottish weapons test, Silva and Longacre are tasked with finding out the cause. Entering the closed ranks of the air force in Scotland and the Middle East, the pair face the deadly warfare of tomorrow as they fight for their own uncertain future.

Later this year.
Any one else think that Suranne‘s facial expressions always look like she has a bad smell under her nose? :smile:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The BBC has confirmed the transmission date for season two of Vigil starring Suranne Jones and Rose Leslie.

In a brand-new investigation, DCI Amy Silva (Jones) and DI Kirsten Longacre (Leslie) enter the world of drone warfare to catch a killer. Following multiple unexplained fatalities at a Scottish military facility, Silva and Longacre are tasked with uncovering the cause. Entering the hostile and closed ranks of the air force, the pair must face the deadly warfare of tomorrow as they fight for their own future.

Sunday 10th and Monday 11th December, 9pm, BBC One

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here