Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Vigil TV Series

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I couldn't care less if the submarine is bigger than a real one, if someone's arm bands are 3 then 4 or if someone is called by the incorrect title, but I do like a good TV show; sadly this isn't one.

That submarine is bigger than the Nimitz.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Talking of TV series with a very tentative grip on reality, what was the name of the Police series a few years back set in Brighton where every copper was either BAME , gay, or both.
I watched the first episode, and it was just so bad.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Talking of TV series with a very tentative grip on reality, what was the name of the Police series a few years back set in Brighton where every copper was either BAME , gay, or both.
I watched the first episode, and it was just so bad.

I think the series you’re talking about was “Cuffs”, pile of shit that was, every car chase was filed in the Mill Road park & ride [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s gets more bonkers but I’m seeing it through.

Aboard the voluminous HMS Vigil, DCI Amy Silva is now back in favour, part of a brains trust discussing the nerve agent problem, a device planted onboard and nuclear reactor. Second in Command is now back in favour too.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
It’s gets more bonkers but I’m seeing it through.

Aboard the voluminous HMS Vigil, DCI Amy Silva is now back in favour, part of a brains trust discussing the nerve agent problem, a device planted onboard and nuclear reactor. Second in Command is now back in favour too.

Strange how the copper is an expert in EVERYTHING including nerve agents.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Well I have stuck with it even though it is bonkers. The ending last night had me so wound up I had to watch the Brighton game on repeat on Sky to calm down!

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
I watched this after the first episode of "Y - The Last Man" and must admit this was more believable than Vigil. For instance, why would a junior naval officer disclose top secret submarine locations in the middle of a protestor camp...and what relevance is this to the police?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The ending of each episode is getting more and more silly. First, we have a woman who thinks someone is after her so when told to find somewhere safe, she stands under a street light on a deserted road. Next we have a police woman being followed in her car who is told that back up will be there in 9 minutes, so instead of driving around for 9 minutes, she goes straight to a car park. And then we get last night's tripe.

I will see it out just to see if my prediction that Endeavour did it comes true, but thank goodness Bob was fishing beforehand as if this was going to be the highlight of my week's TV entertainment, I would be sorely disappointed.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Had enjoyed it up to last night episode which is just ridiculous, acting was pretty bad to I thought. Amazing how it has dropped off so badly

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
The ending of each episode is getting more and more silly. First, we have a woman who thinks someone is after her so when told to find somewhere safe, she stands under a street light on a deserted road. Next we have a police woman being followed in her car who is told that back up will be there in 9 minutes, so instead of driving around for 9 minutes, she goes straight to a car park. And then we get last night's tripe.

I will see it out just to see if my prediction that Endeavour did it comes true, but thank goodness Bob was fishing beforehand as if this was going to be the highlight of my week's TV entertainment, I would be sorely disappointed.

The endings remind me of the low budget serials i watched as a boy on Saturday mornings at the odeon . You know the ones where the hero is seemingly crushed by a rockfall one week only to emerge the following Saturday dusting himself down with his gloves !

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The endings remind me of the low budget serials i watched as a boy on Saturday mornings at the odeon . You know the ones where the hero is seemingly crushed by a rockfall one week only to emerge the following Saturday dusting himself down with his gloves !

Ah, the Batman and Robin serials were that memorable I bought a couple on dvd a few years ago for a nostalgia kick. Happy days.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just caught up with episode 5... It really isn't much fun down there with all the problems they are having. Mind you, at least they've plenty of Co2, scran and don't have to rely on exorbitant Gas like us poor sods topside.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here