Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Vigil TV Series

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
db00f001a6fb4df0014f6bb29384ca26.jpg

191b0af96721c491131ae64106fa3994.jpg

It’s crap isn’t it, I can only assume they didn’t have a military advisory on the production, I can only hope ITV’s Sub drama learns from this bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blame the sub-editor....

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Someone will be along in a minute to tell me that they are all actors and the documentary is made up!

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Forgot it was on and I’m not in any rush to catch up. Too many twists and turns instead of decent narrative and storyline.
Suranne Jones’ permanently pained face gets on my tits too. Is that the only expression she can manage? She does it in everything.

I might look a bit pained if I had Rose Leslie waiting for me back at home and I was stuck on a submarine! :love:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I've stopped watching.

It's laughable. To be honest, it's an insult to Navy personnel. In fact, it's an insult to MI5 and the police as well. I'm trying to think of who it doesn't insult. Oh yes, actors and dramatists.

EDIT: No it's an insult to them too.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
It's a drama, not a documentary

It completely mis-represents anti-nuke/peace campaigners from my experience. But I can live with that. Still enjoying it.

Rose Leslie (quite apart from being far too young) is also a Tory. So no thanks.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I’m just glad I don’t analyse everything I watch on tv - I just sit down and either enjoy it, hate it, or meh.
This programme has a reasonable storyline, reasonably acted, has a bit of intrigue and holds my attention. It’s ok by me but accept that any M15 agents, police or submariners who are members of NSC may have a point.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I’m just glad I don’t analyse everything I watch on tv - I just sit down and either enjoy it, hate it, or meh.
This programme has a reasonable storyline, reasonably acted, has a bit of intrigue and holds my attention. It’s ok by me but accept that any M15 agents, police or submariners who are members of NSC may have a point.

Or peace activists?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Or peace activists?

Or medically discharged skimmers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
My old man was a navy commander on submarines. He was lecturing me last night about how it is unwatchable. I asked him what gripes he had. His first one was that the coxswain was being called Sir when the rank is a chief petty officer so would not be called Sir. At this point I was reminded about his rant about Dunkirk and something being unrealistic in the carraige of the train towards the very end of the film. I suggested he should remember it is just a tv drama or film.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I couldn't care less if the submarine is bigger than a real one, if someone's arm bands are 3 then 4 or if someone is called by the incorrect title, but I do like a good TV show; sadly this isn't one.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
My old man was a navy commander on submarines. He was lecturing me last night about how it is unwatchable. I asked him what gripes he had. His first one was that the coxswain was being called Sir when the rank is a chief petty officer so would not be called Sir. At this point I was reminded about his rant about Dunkirk and something being unrealistic in the carraige of the train towards the very end of the film. I suggested he should remember it is just a tv drama or film.

I agree to an extent with the philosophy that "it's just a tv drama", but you might have expected the writer and director to do a bit of homework?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just me and a couple of others on here going to stick with it then :lolol:

It has gone from being excellent to just watchable imo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here