Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

View from the other side...

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I do think that's the way the rest of the football world feel about them now.

What a ridiculously arrogant comment! And what do the rest of the football world think of your club?
I wouldn't attempt to speak for them. But even when you were a top club in the early 1960s you had to import all your players mainly from the north east and Northern Ireland.
I have more respect for your cricket club than your football team.
Goodbye.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Is Stephens 'that sort of player?' I've never seen anything I recall at the AMEX to suggest he is at all, and nothing bad that I can recall ever said about him on here? Maybe when he was a bit younger perhaps, and he's mellowed? What would give the Huddersfield supporters that impression?

My old man spent an evening with the team recently and coincidentally commented (prior to the game) that he didn't think he was particularly friendly(shy?) compared to all the others. There is also that (spirited)pic on the plane, and his prior engagement with Gaston and the ref which is fresh in the mind which makes me wonder. Nothing more than that at all. Hardly damning.

BUT I do NOT mean to bad mouth the guy. I'm sure he is as decent as I'm confident the rest of our team are. I genuinely love the thought of supporting a top bunch of blokes that play good football, and know how to behave. I would struggle to support a Bartonesque player in our team, even if he was good 'at what he does'

It's largely based on an incident concerning Adam Hamill I understand (a Hudds supporting mate texted similar antagonism towards DS after the game on Sat, while accepting that he didn't think this was a similar example and that we had been hard done by.) I agree with you, while he is clearly very competitive and no shrinking violet I can't recall an incident with us that would mark him out as an especially nasty type.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I suppose the salient point is that even given that there is enmity on some Hudds fans behalf, most still saw it the way we did.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
One of the big telling points for me, is that hardly none of the Boro players actually react to the challenge.

Have a look at the footage. The Boro player nearest the ref has a word, but none of the other Boro players seem that bothered. They're not quick to surround the ref or anything, in fact it's the Brighton players who feel aggrieved at the giving of a free kick against us!

The injury has in this instance dictated the punishment. To say that this didn't have an effect on the game is just laughable.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
You have to give credit to Burnley fc this season, they have proven that fast free flowing football is not the only way to win promotion. That longball is well and truly alive. Get a few physical lumps that can bully harass and can hit the target from under 6 yards, plus 2 players with the ability to hit accurate 50 yard balls and you can almost make it as well, chuck in some dodgy refereeing mistakes that overlook the actions of a violent thug and an unfashionable, ugly team from a shithole can also make it to the big time for 1 season of humiliations.

Fair play to Burnley

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here