Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And you base that on what? (apart from the usual hearsay tosh).

He seemed a miserable so and so at the sponsors dinner, sitting apart from the other players, getting the hump when the opposition scored against his team on the tv screens and was teased about it. My first hand account.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
That he moped around and sulked for two years. "Waah they took the mickey out of me"
Was consistently injured. Not available for the biggest match in our recent history. Then slated Poyet when he left.
Oh and none of the players seemed to be able to play with him on a pitch.

Also heard through someone at the club that he 'made himself unavailable' at short notice for games.

And then, of course, there was the crap last summer when he obviously wasn't keen to stay.

"Also heard through someone at the club". You know whenever you read that on here, it's almost certainly bullsh*t.

I think you'll find Poyet didn't select him for the Palace match.

Anyone who doesn't look forward to seeing a player of his quality and class playing for the Albion again obviously didn't watch us in the dark old days.

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
He seemed a miserable so and so at the sponsors dinner, sitting apart from the other players, getting the hump when the opposition scored against his team on the tv screens and was teased about it. My first hand account.

And in contrast, in the 'behind the scenes' video the club released last year, he seemed as if he was getting on with everyone and having a good laugh.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
"Also heard through someone at the club". You know whenever you read that on here, it's obviously total bullsh*t.

I think you'll find Poyet didn't select him for the Palace match.

Anyone who doesn't look forward to seeing a player of his quality and class playing for the Albion again obviously didn't watch us in the dark old days.

yep big time:cool:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
ect him for the Palace match.

I think you'll find that he was unavailable for the palace game. He said so himself. In his interview with the Argus.

His quality was never in doubt. His mental state was. It still is.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
He singlehandedly won us 3/4 games last season. If we could get him on a pay as you play deal it's a no brainer imo.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Vicente, spanish international, with huge european experience and that run against Derby...... In a heartbeat.

No doubt he's had his issues with fitness, Poyet (motivation?), and don't forget he had a baby in last close season, and he believed a deal to let him leave and go back home to Elche, we he comes from was reneged on? he is a dad and husband first. We'd all be pissed off if the wife and kids were not next to us.

Vicente Rodriguez on his day is sublime, as an Albion fan of many many years its rare to witness such skill gracing an Albion shirt. And i haven't forgotten the dross to have worn our shirt in the recent past.

My only consideration would be the type of contract he is on based on the 'Michael Owen' factor. He's to big a risk to commit weekly wages to without some any form of guarantee/insurance, but if some form of pay as you play or appearance related deal could be struck, to see him in the stripes again would be a privilege and a win/win for club and fans.

FFS Champions league, Europa league, La Liga winner and Spanish International!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Obviously his fitness is a big issue, but I don't buy this whole 'he was a miserable sod, didn't get on with anyone, made himself unavailable' business. 'Pay as you play' would be perfect.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Vicente, spanish international, with huge european experience and that run against Derby...... In a heartbeat.

No doubt he's had his issues with fitness, Poyet (motivation?), and don't forget he had a baby in last close season, and he believed a deal to let him leave and go back home to Elche, we he comes from was reneged on? he is a dad and husband first.

Vicente Rodriguez on his day is sublime, as an Albion fan of many many years its rare to witness such skill gracing an Albion shirt. And i haven't forgotten the dross to have worn our shirt in the recent past.

My only consideration would be the type of contract he is on based on the 'Michael Owen' factor. He's to big a risk to commit weekly wages to without some any form of guarantee/insurance, but if some form of pay as you play or appearance related deal could be struck, to see him in the stripes again would be a privilege and a win/win for club and fans.

FFS Champions league, Europa league, La Liga winner and Spanish International is not wanted!!

Spot on.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Perhaps it would have been better to talk to him than gawp at him?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
If he WANTS to come back and he is motivated to play, then why not? The man is brilliant and still too god for the championship. However should this happen he needs to be more a part of the team than the remote figure he once was.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

No doubt he's had his issues with fitness, Poyet (motivation?), and don't forget he had a baby in last close season, and he believed a deal to let him leave and go back home to Elche, we he comes from was reneged on? he is a dad and husband first. We'd all be pissed off if the wife and kids were not next to us.

FFS Champions league, Europa league, La Liga winner and Spanish International!

Don't have the stats to hand, but my recollection of the games where he started was that we tried to channel everything through him and our shape went. My feeling is that we didn't do very well as a team when he played and results suffered. Just an impression - I could be wrong and would love to see some stats.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
If he WANTS to come back and he is motivated to play, then why not? The man is brilliant and still too god for the championship. However should this happen he needs to be more a part of the team than the remote figure he once was.

A freudian slip or the truth!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here