Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Do people realise that he was fit for much of last season, but Gus didn't opt to play him?

Or he claimed he was fit after leaving the club knowing if he had a reputation of being injured and unfit even for a championship side he might have a bit of trouble getting a new contract elsewhere, on any sort of decent money.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
There's fit and there's fit. Orlandi and KLL were on the bench on Sat but neither is fit.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hey, I'm with HKFC- I don't necessarily think he's the answer to our prayers, but if he comes cheap, I'm more than willing to be proved wrong.

I did feel there were games when he was here in which his mere presence stifled our game, as it came across as though the other players felt as though they had to pass to him at all times, even when there were better options available. When opponents successfully crowded him out, that was it, we were stuffed.

So I'm still not sure. That said, we do need a little more creativity in the middle, and he is potentially the sort of player that can unlock a defence in a heartbeat.
There were certainly times when he did stifle our midfield for the reasons you mention, but actually more so in his first season here than any other time.

But apart from anything else, he was often streets ahead of anyone else on the pitch and you'd think that would be enough to want him back. Then again, Abdul Razak probably put in one of the best 3 or 4 midfield performances I've ever seen by anyone at the Amex (against Ipswich when they brought that shìt banner), and no-one is clamouring to have him back. Different issues from Vicente of course, but wouldn't he be worth a punt?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
But apart from anything else, he was often streets ahead of anyone else on the pitch and you'd think that would be enough to want him back. Then again, Abdul Razak probably put in one of the best 3 or 4 midfield performances I've ever seen by anyone at the Amex (against Ipswich when they brought that shìt banner), and no-one is clamouring to have him back. Different issues from Vicente of course, but wouldn't he be worth a punt?

Signed for Anzhi, no?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
On loan. No idea how long for or the terms of his loan. But anyway, he won't be on anyone's radar.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Argus now running an article on it which includes this -

A source close to the former Valencia star told The Argus: "It is a good moment for Brighton to try to sign again Vicente.

"I think they are looking for a number 10 and Vicente has to decide now among one of the offers that he has.

It sounds like his agent is getting desperate to get someone to sign him.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
The Argus now running an article on it which includes this -

A source close to the former Valencia star told The Argus: "It is a good moment for Brighton to try to sign again Vicente.

"I think they are looking for a number 10 and Vicente has to decide now among one of the offers that he has.

It sounds like his agent is getting desperate to get someone to sign him.

So have we made him an offer then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here