Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
Unbelievable skill. He dribbles, he fends off others, he passes, he sets up goals, he hits the bar ... The best in the division by far, probably two levels above, if there is such a thing

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
that's wilfred zaha surely? palace turned down a £98m bid from real madrid after all

Oh yeah, I forgot... Silly me :facepalm:

I know I would rather have Vicente in our side regardless of their valuation!

TBH I would have Buckers, Kaz and Nooney than WZ anyway!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
If I never see another football match I will at least have gone out after witnessing one of the best displays of skill from a player in a bighton shirt. He was just fabulous. Derby were like beas round a honeypot, but ouldn't get near him. What a wonderful player. I hope he both stays fit and stays with us.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Man love. What a f***ing player. If ONLY that shot had gone in

I was SO gutted that didn't go in. Bar and in and that would've been one of my top 5 Albion moments ever.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Stunning performance from him tonight.

There is part of me which still can't believe such a skilful and talented player plays for OUR club. To think, not long ago there were some around here suggesting we pay him off and get rid...

If the shot had gone in instead of cracking the bar, it would surely have been one of the great Albion goals of all time.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Looks fit, sharp and is now running and ghosting past players

Simply on a different level to anyone in this division

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Someone needs to get that run and shot on YouTube. I was lucky to have been there but people reading this not at the game don't realise how special it was. It's the balance that vicenti has that just leaves me breathless. Pure class

Jonny Boy

Feb 4, 2011
The shot would have capped off his performance. He just glides past players as if they were't there tonight. Easily the most gifted player I have ever seen in a Brighton shirt in the 18 years I've been watching them!

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Really amazing stuff! I hope we can hang onto him. People were stunned when he ran past 4 and hit the bar. everyone was looking at each other wondering WTF they had just seen. Unreal player!

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
QUOTE=turienzo's lovechild;4799132]easily the most gifted player i've seen in the FLESH[/QUOTE]

I was invited to Highbury years ago, 1996 I think, and was being a bit snooty about the premiership and then I saw Dennis Bergkamp control the ball with effortless ease and move across the pitch like no other player... Vicente is in that class. Utterly brilliant footballer who should be playing in the top 4 of the mob above us. lap it up lads and lasses 'cos this bloke is the REAL deal.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I hope we are drafting a contract for him to sign for next season. I can't remember seeing a better player playing for us since Peter Ward.

Totally with you there. When Vicente gets the ball that excitement is there that was there for Wardy when he got the ball. The whole crowd buzzes and the air of expectancy is amazing. I absolutely love Vicente!

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
He seems to beat 4-5 players without actually doing anything. Amazing to watch.
Shut Up the Rest. Gus Knows Best.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
He.is.amazing.....

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Here is the effort of Vicente described by the man at the bbc.

81:41 Substitution Substitution
(Brighton) makes a substitution, with Abdul Razak coming on for Rodriguez Vicente.
81:41 Rodriguez Vicente takes a shot.
79:59 Substitution Substitution

A little understated dont you think?? LOL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here