Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente Is Back !!!!

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
God help some of the posters on this thread that ever have to have time off from work following an injury or illness, I suspect you would still want your employer to support and pay you through this period ? Why should it be any different with Vicente ?

If Buckley was to sustain a serious injury at some stage and face a lengthy spell out of the game, should we just get rid or maybe ship him off to Southampton ?

Laughable.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is probably just a bit of PR puff from the club in the hope of shifting some more over-priced £41 tickets.

I fail to see why, when the other thread about Newcastle tickets show seats available in N1C & N1D which are priced at £28.

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
we have missed a attacking midfielder so much , i feel a little sorry for jake caskey forster who will be back with us next week only to probably find he will be behind the superb vicente again in the pecking order , as much as i love watching vicente i think i would rather see how far jake has improved since his time away , he looked pretty darn good in the 2 games i saw him play .

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
we have missed a attacking midfielder so much , i feel a little sorry for jake caskey forster who will be back with us next week only to probably find he will be behind the superb vicente again in the pecking order , as much as i love watching vicente i think i would rather see how far jake has improved since his time away , he looked pretty darn good in the 2 games i saw him play .

Jfc has time on his side. I'm not sure Vicente will ever don a bha shirt again, but I always will have hope he will.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk

Will be interesting to see if JFC comes back now - or if Gus is still happy for him to get the occasional run out for Oxford? Personally I wouldn't mind having JFC back as I'm not sure he is getting as much pitch time at Oxford as hoped. Perhaps the Albion will seek another loan deal? If not it wouldn't do him any harm to learn from Vicente in training. The only thing is that JFC would only be behind a lengthy queue for midfield places with Hammond, Crofts, Bridders, Orlandi, Lopez and Vicente. However we only need a rashy of injuries and he could be very useful. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing JFC get a run out ahead of Harley or Sparrow. I do hope JFC is part of our longer term plans.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
God help some of the posters on this thread that ever have to have time off from work following an injury or illness, I suspect you would still want your employer to support and pay you through this period ? Why should it be any different with Vicente ?

If Buckley was to sustain a serious injury at some stage and face a lengthy spell out of the game, should we just get rid or maybe ship him off to Southampton ?

Laughable.

We let Noone go for peanuts that was equaly laughable

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

Laughable.

I think the major difference is buckley has shown he wants to play for the club and has played consistently over a two year period and doesn't have a track record or injuries that no-one can diagnose.

Vicente hasnt done that. Albeit the best player I have seen wear the stripes - which in away makes this all worse.

Edit the club have supported him by paying two years salary for half a years work + all the medical expenditure.

Oct 25, 2003

Laughable.

you forget that no other albion player has EVER been injured

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
The run against Derby and his virtuoso performance against Pompey was good enough for me. I'm old enough to remember Wardy, Lawro, Case etc but without doubt, Vicente is the most talented I've ever seen in our colours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here