Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente Is Back !!!!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If he was fit all the time he'd be at Newcastle or Liverpool. We were able to get him BECAUSE he's a sick note. How can some people still not grasp this? He's a formerly WORLD CLASS player.

I dont doubt that but I'm doubting the point of having a player whose only fit for 10 games or less when we could have someone slightly less able but could be playing and contributing week in week out. Also the weird point of view people have that we should be blessed to have him and worship him to the point where they are happy if he only plays 15 minutes this season.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes I think he did, but I wonder if he'd have actually made it back to fitness if we'd been drawn away from home, against Burton and it was a bit chilly.

Very negative I know but that's how I feel about it all, I just can't help but wonder if we really did piss him off badly by invoking the 2nd year clause.

Re cup draw I guess we will never know on tht one :)

What I do know is that when he played last year ..generally when he had the ball there was a chance something special would happen ..but I guess that's a different discussion

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
So if you bought a three course meal and they only have you a started you'd be happy eh. Mug.

Looking at your contributions to this thread it's patently obvious that you're no mug.

A blinkered, imbecilic, moronic, cretinous simpleton perhaps but certainly nothing as inconsequential as a mug

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Looking at your contributions to this thread it's patently obvious that you're no mug.

A blinkered, imbecilic, moronic, cretinous simpleton perhaps but certainly nothing as inconsequential as a mug

Thanks for the compliment, nothing like hyperbolic insults to win an argument. I concede to you sir.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I dont doubt that but I'm doubting the point of having a player whose only fit for 10 games or less when we could have someone slightly less able but could be playing and contributing week in week out. Also the weird point of view people have that we should be blessed to have him and worship him to the point where they are happy if he only plays 15 minutes this season.

You are right in what you say, but with hindsight on your side. If things had carried over from the end of last season he finished well.

But the way I see it is if we have him on the bench to come on and change games for the remainder of the season this can only be a good thing, sure he'll be gone in the summer, but for now we need to get the best we can out if him and hope he can make a difference.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will we have a Spanish quintet on the field at the same time ? Bruno , Calde , Orlandi , Lopez and Vicente :clap:

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
On a similar tangent Hoskins has been here longer than Vicente and I'm pretty sure they have made a similar amount of appearances. Why no bile and bitterness towards him? What people don't seem to be able to grasp is that if Vicente was able to play 30-40 games per season he would not be playing for what is currently a mid table championship team. A reality check is well and truly in order.

The reality is that they are not truly pissed off at Vicente but are more frustrated at his lack of games for us because he's so good. You can accept the fact Hoskins hasn't played because he isn't half as good.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Noone is a Championship player, he will never play regularly any higher. So that much profit in a short space of time, to a club at the same level as us, is great business. Zaha has a lot more potential, and more versatile than one trick pony Noone

What if that 1.5M pound player gets you into the prem with his quality and the club earn 90M in the process. I'd say selling him wouldn't be good business, would it.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Bugger! Am I the only fan that wasn't texted exactly how much he is being paid when we singed him at the terminal, or at the start of this season. Poor show.
I blame Charlie, who probably caused the injury in the first place by constantly kicking Vicente in the thigh to force him to sing by giving him a dead leg. Thus resulting in the great man sulking off back to Spain.
It's a good job this doesn't happen very often as you only have to listen too the 12 days of Christmas on player, to hear that it's not a good idea to get Footballers to sing. :dunce:
:thumbsup: there seem to be an awful lot of people here with intimate knowledge of vicentes wages, must be something to do with Ernets SAUCE (did I do that right? :) :p )

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What if that 1.5M pound player gets you into the prem with his quality and the club earn 90M in the process. I'd say selling him wouldn't be good business, would it.

Are you really suggesting Craig Noone is solely responsible for Cardiffs form ? He is doing 'well' but I'd rather have Buckley and LuaLua over Noone. Both of those guys, ARE Premiership quality.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Full training on Saturday and likely to feature against Newcastle if all goes to plan....

Thank you Santa, that's all I wanted for Christmas :clap: :clap:

Starts training with the development squad on Saturday, ready in two or three weeks, 'might get 15 mins v Newcastle'

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
If Vicente does play against Newcastle..

And does something special everyone will forget the sick note, and start praising him up again.,!...

(Some Brighton fans are acting like Chelsea fans,,, rafa hated then chelsea win 8-0 and he's a super star) :ffsparr:

V V Vicente

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Are you really suggesting Craig Noone is solely responsible for Cardiffs form ? He is doing 'well' but I'd rather have Buckley and LuaLua over Noone. Both of those guys, ARE Premiership quality.

No no. Not suggesting he is solely responsible. All hypothetical really. Rather have noone than lua lua though if I'm honest.

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
This is probably just a bit of PR puff from the club in the hope of shifting some more over-priced £41 tickets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here