Uwe Hünemeier signs for Albion on a three-year deal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Yeah, right. Like Hughes ever got a look-in.

I agree, just putting up on here what Naylor said. Counter argument could be that we are looking to improve as a squad and getting in a third CB to compete for the 2 positions with Rea providing cover.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
So if this goes ahead, can we have a German Day with currywurst, big steins of beer served by lovely blonde busty ladies, & general Oktoberfest oompa-type shenanigans happening on the concourses?!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
And was also... 'Elf kicker of the year'

I don't care what else he brings us: suddenly no-one can afford to miss the club's Christmas party.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Naylor has clearly got that from the club - who are hardly likely to admit he is a replacement for either Dunk or Greer. You don't spend £1.5m on a bench warmer like Hughes.

I'm sure he has spoken to a club source and this is the club line but if Dunk is sold they will need more cover as well. Currently they have only Dunk / Greer with any first team experience.
Also in 12 months time they'll almost certainly be replacing Greer as well given he's 35 in December and will be out of contract. It must be 50/50 whether he will be here next season.

We need to go into the season with 4 centre backs which is what they're planning for.
Dunk, Greer, Rea, and it looks like Hunemeier at the moment . If Dunk left then they would be looking for someone else as well.

Also Hughton said as recently as last week at the forum that he needed cover at centre back, given Halford / Hughes had left .

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
If Dunk is staying, and I believe Dunk is staying, then a Greer replacement? One article does say he is renowned for his leadership qualities.

At £1.4 - 1.8m he certainly isn't a Hughes replacement is he. Also centre backs need to forge partnerships, so it won't be a case of rotating the 3 of them.

Anyway, all good news.

Another tick off the list of players required.

Did anyone ITK highlight this name previously??

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I'm sure he has spoken to a club source and this is the club line but if Dunk is sold they will need more cover as well. Currently they have only Dunk / Greer with any first team experience.
Also in 12 months time they'll almost certainly be replacing Greer as well given he's 35 in December and will be out of contract. It must be 50/50 whether he will be here next season.

We need to go into the season with 4 centre backs which is what they're planning for.
Dunk, Greer, Rea, and it looks like Hunemeier at the moment . If Dunk left then they would be looking for someone else as well.

Also Hughton said as recently as last week at the forum that he needed cover at centre back, given Halford / Hughes had left .

Yep = agree with this. I hope the club are thinking of him as a long-term replacement for Greer. And you do need cover at CB, especially as they tend to pick up bookings and suspensions - goes with the job.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Naylor saying bought to play alongside Dunk and not to replace him...

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yep = agree with this. I hope the club are thinking of him as a long-term replacement for Greer. And you do need cover at CB, especially as they tend to pick up bookings and suspensions - goes with the job.

Yep, strategically it is handy having strength in depth to allow for more yellow and red cards to be conceded. There is nothing worse than players treading on eggshells because of lack of cover.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports