Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uwe Hünemeier signs for Albion on a three-year deal

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I'm clearly a bit biased but I do like the cut of his jib. He's latest tweet, after Paderborn narrowly won in the cup after being a goal down at half-time against lower league opposition:

"Not pretty, not great but onwards! Wash your mouth and carry on working hard!" (I don't quite get the mouth thing at all tbh. But he doesn't half sound determined.)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Without being in any way ITK I would agree that the number one aim is for an additional CB rather than a Dunk replacement. Negotiations with Dunk must be continuing with both us and Fulham with the outcome uncertain. It would put us in a position of strength though should he go,

Greer is the interesting factor here. Must be in his last season with us yet named club captain. I've often been critical of him yet I thought he was excellent on Friday. May be harder to shift him than I imagined a month or so ago.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I'm clearly a bit biased but I do like the cut of his jib. He's latest tweet, after Paderborn narrowly won in the cup after being a goal down at half-time against lower league opposition:

"Not pretty, not great but onwards! Wash your mouth and carry on working hard!" (I don't quite get the mouth thing at all tbh. But he doesn't half sound determined.)

He's clearly on board already. "Wash your mouth my son, and go get your father's gun....."

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Paderborn finished bottom but Hunemeier was the stand out defender throughout the season and leader at the back of a team that wasn't defensively that poor - it was the other end of the pitch that they really struggled (sound familiar?).

Paderborn had the joint worst goals conceded record (65) in the league last season. Your description far more accurately describes Werder Bremen than Paderborn. ???

albionite

May 20, 2009
Paderborn is quite a big German town, I think a lot of people would have heard of the football team.

Not sure why the club was only formed in 1985, with only one season in top flight. Maybe I should of been a little more dishonest read wiki before hand and pretend I know all there is to know about football. I'll remember next time.

It really isn't that much of a big deal that I've not heard of the club before. I freely admit I'm a plastic German follower and don't know much about their leagues.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If he's replacing Greer, does this mean that Kayal will be captain on the pitch? Who comes after Calde?

Why this sudden clamour for Kayal to be installed as captain? Good player though I agree he is, he wasn't even captain at his previous club.

If Greer does lose the armband, (although I hope he doesn't), it will be Bruno who is made captain.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Why this sudden clamour for Kayal to be installed as captain? Good player though I agree he is, he wasn't even captain at his previous club.

It's cause he's got the biggest gob in the side, and he doesn't stop using it.

Plus there's something of the midfield general about him. And he's better than just good.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Not sure why the club was only formed in 1985, with only one season in top flight. Maybe I should of been a little more dishonest read wiki before hand and pretend I know all there is to know about football. I'll remember next time.

It really isn't that much of a big deal that I've not heard of the club before. I freely admit I'm a plastic German follower and don't know much about their leagues.

I suppose if l am being entirely honest, it is the town I have heard of, and purely because it is a relatively large place, the assumption was that they would have a football team etc. etc.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

1607134282.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here