Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uwe Hünemeier signs for Albion on a three-year deal

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
65 goals conceded and -34 goal difference including a 6-0 hammering by Bayern!!

Bayern are one of the best sides in the world though. I suspect he's been tracked for a while and regardless, if he's competent and it generates funds for a much needed wide man, it could prove to be tidy business.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Maybe. Maybe not.

If Dunk goes and we get this player, then we are back to square 1, still needing another central defender.

Indeed. I am still haunted by the day we ran out of central defenders vs Derby:

Brighton & Hove Albion
29 Kuszczak
14 Calderon
03 Greer (Chicksen - 24' Booked )
05 Dunk Booked
17 Ward
04 Andrews
38 Ince
30 Buckley (Lua Lua - 57' )
11 Orlandi (Mackail-Smith - 57' )
35 Lingard
19 Ulloa Booked

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
My limited GCSE German tells me our friends from Paderborn are a bit pissed off with this. Good news for us though!

Mac I only read the one as my German is nil, that post shone like a bright light out at me :lolol:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Sounds a great match and just what we realistically need. 29 has the experience but not past it, top flight quality in a poor team, a leader/captain type strong in the air.

Sign him up and we're there I reckon. Good partner for Dunk with Greer the experienced rotating in back-up

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Seems very much like a local hero, a little worrying he was quoted in saying his family struggled away from home, however I am sure the extra thousands will make up for that!

Great write up and sounds like we are trying to build a team of not only quality players, but players with a similar mentality and leaders. It would be great to see him Dunk and Greer all in the squad.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
You're the hun that I want, you're the hun I want, ooh ooh ooh (complete with Buzzer's over actor in mind)

Edited to say, whoops, Buzzer's over actor

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We do, I agree, but I think that if Uwe comes, Rea might possibly be considered good enough to be cover; allowing Dunk to go and thus fund an increased offer for Marshall?? All total guess work...

My guess working is none too dissimilar, the only difference is that it might be a different winger to Marshall.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Sounds like a fantastic signing if true. Would be a great partner for Dunk, so hoping he's not off as a result. Those two could form our CB partnership for the next 3-4 years all being well.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Does this mean when the 'Ring of Fire' comes on we'll be swinging Frankfurters instead of scarves? Big ones, like giant dildos?

Whoa, steady on tiger!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Considering how shìt we've been at penalties in the Amex era, I'm surprised it's taken this long for the club to get a hun in.

[yt]6UyeAcwEcLc[/yt]
[yt]xrFtIbnFOoQ[/yt]
[yt]SRpLUIdb_pQ[/yt]
No more craptastic capers like that lot, hopefully.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Has anyone google translated the articles authors name yet to make sure it doesn't translate as BensGrandad ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Considering how shìt we've been at penalties in the Amex era, I'm surprised it's taken this long for the club to get a hun in.

[yt]6UyeAcwEcLc[/yt]
[yt]xrFtIbnFOoQ[/yt]
[yt]SRpLUIdb_pQ[/yt]
No more craptastic capers like that lot, hopefully.

Spanish Dave never missed one.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It's a done deal, according to the local paper. Nothing on Paderborn's website yet.

Translated, he's flying to England this evening for a medical and to sign the contract. The transfer fee is over 2m Euros and he'll earn three times as much with us as with Paderborn.
We put in an offer over a week ago, they turned it down, then we increased our offer. "In sporting as well as human terms, this is a heavy loss for us", according to their director of football. "But it doesn't make sense to hold on to a player against his will".

Best of all, he's described as captain and unquestionably their leader on the pitch. LOVE that.

http://www.nw.de/sport/sc_paderborn_07/20537322_Uwe-Huenemeier-verlaesst-den-SCP.html

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here