Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** Update: Will Buckley moves to Sunderland confirmed, three-year deal **

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
_76940460_84c6d6a9-5cf8-48c1-8779-a00f92695658.jpg

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Entirely understand this deal for both the club and the player. However can anyone tell me why we seem to engage bilaterally and not demand anything in return where other clubs are better at lining up competitive auctions and getting decent players coming the other way? (Huddersfield the classic example).

Chris Woods for Ulloa would have been an example. I'm sure Sunderland have a few decent players we like the look of too?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Funny how other sides can get the job done in a matter of days, in 'such a difficult transfer market' and yet every potential signing coming in takes weeks, before eventually falling through.

Either it isn't as hard as the people at the top are saying or we're just crap at recruiting. Oh, and before anyone jumps in going WE WONT PAY CRAZY WAGE DEMANDS, surely the job of those looking at player recruitment would be determine how much these players would be likely to ask for and their current wages etc?

Excuses wearing thin.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Although £2.5 million is a decent return on the club's investment, it is still someway off the £10 million, Gus Poyet – the man that has just bought him – said he was worth.

Granted, I know GP probably wasn't being totally serious, but is Ulloa worth £5.5 million MORE than Bucca? I'm not so sure...

Good luck to him. I've loved watching some of his trickery close up from the East stand in the past few seasons. :thumbsup:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Funny how other sides can get the job done in a matter of days, in 'such a difficult transfer market' and yet every potential signing coming in takes weeks, before eventually falling through.

Either it isn't as hard as the people at the top are saying or we're just crap at recruiting. Oh, and before anyone jumps in going WE WONT PAY CRAZY WAGE DEMANDS, surely the job of those looking at player recruitment would be determine how much these players would be likely to ask for and their current wages etc?

Excuses wearing thin.

They started in JANUARY. So it took them SEVEN months to get their man.

Very quick indeed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here