Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Update on Heritage Stones.....

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
One of the many many monumental f*** ups by the club from last season surrounding the opening of the half built Amex out of town white elephant.

Can't agree with you there Phil. I f***ing love everything about the Amex, even my shitty made heritage stone!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This looks excellent - anyone know if these are 'new' stones (ie new stone requests) or whether they are being moved from the ground to the wall ?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
This looks excellent - anyone know if these are 'new' stones (ie new stone requests) or whether they are being moved from the ground to the wall ?

When I was there last week, there was a guy digging up the original ones. So I guess they are being redone completely.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Excellent - there is one in memory of my grandmother who used to go to the Goldstone but never got to see the Amex. Seeing as her son, two great grandsons and grandson in-law are all new season ticket holders, it couldn't have come at a better time.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I was given a stone instead of the originally promised name on the back of a seat and also bought one for my girlfriend,a recovering and "seen the light" Leicester City fan.
Now,as it appears, the old stones are being replaced with some wholly more suitable new ones, my question is...can I have the crappy old ones to repaint them myself and then use in a "shrine" at my house?

SWCspider-man

Aug 2, 2011
Brighton
Just been up and spoke to the blokes doing them, they said all the ones on the floor will be replaced and put up on the new wall!

Excellent news considering mine only went down last week :)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Excellent news, I knew that some people (those who had purchased them as memorials) were a bit upset, and this is yet more proof (as if we needed it) that Brighton and Hove Albion is officially The Best Football Club In The World.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
More...

Screen Shot 2012-07-19 at 16.54.18.png
Screen Shot 2012-07-19 at 16.54.32.png
Screen Shot 2012-07-19 at 16.54.49.png

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Excellent news, I knew that some people (those who had purchased them as memorials) were a bit upset, and this is yet more proof (as if we needed it) that Brighton and Hove Albion is officially The Best Football Club In The World.

Here Here.
Joyously seconded.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Moaner alert:

Personally not a fan of them. The whole attraction at the start was that they were PART of the stadium, albeit only the pavement outside, but nonetheless part of the actual ground had been made using a stone with your intention's name on it. Now they are just randomly stuck on a wall opposite. That could have been done outside Withdean when we really needed the money, then moved across.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The heritage stones are where they should have been in the first place.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Can't agree with you there Phil. I f***ing love everything about the Amex, even my shitty made heritage stone!

I was being everso slightly mischievous, I love the Amex, and I think the club has come in for unnecessary criticism for a lot of things. The stones were an error, which the club always said they would resolve, but that didn't stop some going over the top.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here