Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Update on Heritage Stones.....

Sibroadway

SEAGULL Till I Die !!!!!
Jan 16, 2010
Brighton
Anyone shed any light on the heritage stones situation?
Not seen anything on here for a while and was wondering where it was at
With regards to the petition about sorting them out???

Cheers:bhasign:

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
btf :

please dont decide for me what is trivial ...

you are welcome to your opinion and you dont need to sign up to this
but dont tell others it´s trivial when you haven´t a clue
we aren´t taling pies or pints here
why it´s important for someone else varies i am sure
if you want to know why its not trivial for me .. please pm me

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Hello all.

Sorry for the lack of updates recently, but have had some personal issues to deal with. That said, I had zero response at any stage from the club AT ALL. Neither did I receive anything from anyone....it's all a bit shit, really.

There is an obvious lack of interest in what the fans/purchasers think and sadly, that is the way I am feeling about the club.

To not even acknowledge the numerous (and very valid) complaints on this matter is an extraordinary failure in public relations - something I had not even contemplated.

Poor show, BHA.....very poor show.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Is there any truth in the rumour that the Club have commissioned their own Heritage stone that reads:

"Thank you for your email. I have deleted it."

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Formal online petition? The argus would then take it up for sure if you had a thousand people complaining.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Surely they should just be re-sited on a wall as part of the stadium expansion works?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Hello all.

Sorry for the lack of updates recently, but have had some personal issues to deal with. That said, I had zero response at any stage from the club AT ALL. Neither did I receive anything from anyone....it's all a bit shit, really.

There is an obvious lack of interest in what the fans/purchasers think and sadly, that is the way I am feeling about the club.

To not even acknowledge the numerous (and very valid) complaints on this matter is an extraordinary failure in public relations - something I had not even contemplated.

Poor show, BHA.....very poor show.

I love our club, but this together with the treatment of disabled fans at the beginning of the season, and the ongoing case of the 1901/Palace situation shows me that the club has changed.

Yes, it had to change, we were tin pot, and suddenly we have 20,000 people every week, but we have most certainly lost some of the togetherness we had during the gory years.

My sister was down last week, and I showed her the heritage stones - we had bought one for our son's 18th Birthday. Her comment - 'You can barely read them'.

VERY poor show, and even worse that the club fail to deal with the issue.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
A real lack of respect shown from the club that they blank all complaints. They made a big promotional push for them and happy to take the money. I think the stone we got is merely "ok" certainly not anything special, which is a real shame as it was done to remember someone and has a lot of emotional meaning. Saddens me. Just glad we put photos on the murial aswell.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
In all honesty, as much as I am disappointed with these so-called 'Heritage' stones, I am more dismayed by the refusal to comment on the issue by the club.

Not that it matters one iota to them, but I have been a supporter since 1970 - through the (brief) good times and the bad. I have spent a huge amount following the club during this time - and probably will continue to do so - but I find it galling that I, and many others, are not deemed worthy of a response.

Quite disgusting, actually.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
In all honesty, as much as I am disappointed with these so-called 'Heritage' stones, I am more dismayed by the refusal to comment on the issue by the club.

Not that it matters one iota to them, but I have been a supporter since 1970 - through the (brief) good times and the bad. I have spent a huge amount following the club during this time - and probably will continue to do so - but I find it galling that I, and many others, are not deemed worthy of a response.

Quite disgusting, actually.

Very sad to hear this. The club recognised the emotional appeal of those stones when it sold them, and for it to ignore the correspondence about how poor the product undeniably is is appalling.

How about a peaceful but very visible protest? What about if everyone who's had a poor stone installed was issued with a laminated print-out of what the stone should have looked liked? You could all meet on a matchday at 2pm and make a point of gluing the "stones" on the paving at an agreed point near the west stand entrance.

Film it, put it on YouTube, invite the Argus along, and keep filming when the laminates are removed. Maybe it will at least force the club to engage.

Maybe it's a daft suggestion. But I think you have been wronged and I'm concerned that a club that gets so many other things right is very clearly letting some of its biggest fans down here.

For the record: I didn't order a stone.

Sep 29, 2008
LA on sea
Hi all, yes i am going to go on about the stones , as i for one got one for my dear departed long time albion fan father, and am totally disgusted by the state they are in, the location of which they were put ,and the quality.....piss poor! turned up for a tour few weeks back to find a bloody coach parked over them !!! come on mr bloom sort it please x

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Don't agree with the "going on the wall" idea - to me that would just look tacked-on - we all know the wall is already there, all seen it. I like the fact that they are PART of the stadium, albeit in a minor way - as they are necessary paving slabs on the outer concourse.

Seems I am the only person who thinks of it this way though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here