Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Sams

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
As I missed the first Uncle Sams thread, I'd just like to post my preference. A biggest burger (the best burger in Brighton IMHO) with extra toppings of garlic mayonnaise and blue cheese. Stick that with fries and I will not speak or look up until I am completely finished.

For all those complaining of distance - there is a delivery service known as 'One-Call' that organises, amongst others, the DELIVERY OF UNCLE SAMS TO YOUR DOOR. I don't have the number to hand, but have used it loads. It's the ultimate in Chav decadence.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
bigc said:
enjoyed it tho beachy?

You bet but the chilli was red hot

Jul 7, 2003
Four pages of burger discussion and not one mention of the best burgers in Sussex - Grubbs

Now I know the one by St Peters Church can be a bit hit or miss but Grubbs in Hove always has and always will be the home of great burgers.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
MattBackHome said:

For all those complaining of distance - there is a delivery service known as 'One-Call' that organises, amongst others, the DELIVERY OF UNCLE SAMS TO YOUR DOOR. I don't have the number to hand, but have used it loads. It's the ultimate in Chav decadence.

how much do they charge? is it a good service?

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
didnt US in london road (opp st peters) turn into organic sams, or similar? havent been there recent, to check whats left.. also grubbs (FAR superior, imho) move to where US was, after their
original shop (next to the Northern pub?) lost its lease, afaik..

sad to say that Brighton is bit by bit losing its originality, by succobing (sp?) to the globalised identity / 'convenience' that everyone is being told that they want...

i happily went out my way, after the pub, to get a Grubbs burger voit was damn GOOD, and gave me a chance to sober up, and realise there are more freaky people than me, in the world!

:drink:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Flying in the face of almost everybody on this thread-I think Uncle Sams always disappoints. They used to be good but that one in Shoreham is the pits...every time I've been in there (don't go anymore) the service has been awful and the food not much better. They only serve INSTANT coffee too:sick:-not everybody wants a coke or a milkshake.

Sorry Uncle Sams, you ain't getting any more of my money...

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
uncle sams are the best burgers i've ever had in my LIFE.

the shoreham branch is the best i find... montpellier road doesn't shred the lettuce, they leave it in big leaves which i don't REALLY like.

cheeseburger with bacon and garlic mayo :clap: :clap: :clap:

david

Feb 5, 2004
London
I know of someone who wanted to franchise them in London, but was apparently rebuffed as the owner wasn't that fussed on expanding outside the South Coast.
Shame really, as they had a really good brand for a while. They were around in Brighton long before McDonalds etc and could have expanded much more than they have.
It's gone well downhill. The best things they offer are still the things they originally had on the menu - Allstars, Originals, Chilli Burgers etc. The later additions just seem like the usual rubbish you'd get out of any kebab house.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here