Ulloa wants out?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I agree with this.

I disagree with this. I'm expecting him to stay put unless the valuation is met. I honestly think we don't need to sell and TB seems happy to play hardball.

You don't seem to have made any allowance for the Player himself, who perhaps, may become very unhappy if he doesn't get his move, if he's desperate to play in the premier league.

Would you like an unhappy player playing for us?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeah? Fancy a wager - proceeds to REMF - on whether Barnes or Ulloa gets most goals in the Premier League next season?
You think that if Barnes and Ulloa are in the PL next season, Barnes will score more?
Yes. Yes I do.
I want that bet!
OK. Needs to be based on average goals per game tho to level the playing field.
You've moved the goal posts!

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Depends if he continues progressing and finding the net. IMHO Ulloa is too easily neutralised for a player of his size. We shall see. Interesting times.

There wer enumerous games Barnes could have played last year for burnley but he was on the bench. Cant see him now being favoured with the step up to the prem.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
We should sack him.

Once we have him in a sack, he won't be going anywhere.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Report: Leonardo Ulloa to force Brighton & Hove Albion exit....

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/brighton-and-hove-albion/transfer-talk/news/report-ulloa-to-force-brighton-exit_162553.html

Put yourself in his position. At his age this could be his one and only chance. If we can get £8 million that must be a deal worth taking.

But this article quotes the Mirror as it's source and is therefore just a rehash of the original unsubstantiated speculation.

Whilst I am sure that Leo wants to play in the Prem, whether he is pressing the point with Sami today as is reported is decidedly suspect, given that he supposedly also did so before he left the country!

More Mirror b*llshit - which may or may not be true, but only by luck not by good journalism.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
You don't seem to have made any allowance for the Player himself, who perhaps, may become very unhappy if he doesn't get his move, if he's desperate to play in the premier league.

Would you like an unhappy player playing for us?

I don't believe he is unhappy, I believe it's a nothing story from a bored journalist.

If I hear he's unhappy through an official(ish) channel, ala Bridcutt then that would change things. As things stand I don't need to make any allowances,

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I don't believe he is unhappy, I believe it's a nothing story from a bored journalist.

If I hear he's unhappy through an official(ish) channel, ala Bridcutt then that would change things. As things stand I don't need to make any allowances,

We are all talking hypothetically here and I haven't the first clue if Leo is unhappy or not, I haven't claimed to either.

I am just working through a possible scenario which could very well happen assuming we hold out for top dollar.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
OK. Needs to be based on average goals per game tho to level the playing field. Ulloa might get 30 starts, Barnes might get half that number. I'm confident who will have the higher goals to games played ratio tho.

I'm up for that, although don't think we'll be needing a calculator and it might not happen at all.
So if they're on the pitch for however many minutes, that counts as one game, and it's a goals-appearances ratio.
Not living in Preston Park, I'm not flush with cash, but how about £20?
And, finally, can you indicate:
-- a replacement 'ideal type' (i.e. what key attributes we'll need in a striker)
-- a few names

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

The journalist has an impeccable source for the information he published. He let slip on Twitter that he phoned the Ulloa household from Brazil (where he's covering the world cup) and -spoke to Ulloa's cats. Apparently he does it all the time. I'm led to believe that there were other titbits of information regarding Mrs Ulloa that the Mirror weren't able to publish

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm up for that, although don't think we'll be needing a calculator and it might not happen at all.
So if they're on the pitch for however many minutes, that counts as one game, and it's a goals-appearances ratio.
Not living in Preston Park, I'm not flush with cash, but how about £20?

Yes and Yes. I'm not particularly flush with cash either, especially after Brighton Races this afternoon, but happy to wager £20 with you on the terms above. As you say, it might not happen at all. But if it does...

And, finally, can you indicate:
-- a replacement 'ideal type' (i.e. what key attributes we'll need in a striker)
-- a few names

No and No. Nobody's indispensable. We go again.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Why the biggie?
After he came back from his injury, he shirked every tackle, missed every header and rolled around the floor a lot. He never had pace. We could buy 2 better forwards for £3.5 each (Grabban cost less for example)

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Why the biggie?
After he came back from his injury, he shirked every tackle, missed every header and rolled around the floor a lot. He never had pace. We could buy 2 better forwards for £3.5 each (Grabban cost less for example)

So why didn't we when we signed CMS? Grabban only went for £3 million because he had a clause in his contract. If Ulloa wants to leave and we get an acceptable offer, we should let him go but don't underestimate how hard it will be to sign a replacement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports