Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa wants out?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
So you have some knowledge of Ulloa's thoughts now? Do you know him? How many footballers DO you know?

Not too difficult to comprehend is it?

It's not difficult.

Players sign long contracts because it guarantees them an income for the specified amount of time.

If you're Ulloa, and you're offered either a 2 year deal with us, or a 4 year deal with us, it's pretty obvious which you'd take. It's not knowing Ulloa personally is it, it's just a simple choice whereby you're guarantee'd say 10k a week for an extra 2 years. It has nothing to do with how long he wants to stay here.

We must tell Ulloa to serve his contract, of course he wants to play Prem football but all of our best players will want to do that, so we must defend our interests

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
We must tell Ulloa to serve his contract, of course he wants to play Prem football but all of our best players will want to do that, so we must defend our interests

I don't understand why he wants away, can't he see we are building a Premiership side around him with the quality of signings we are making?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So, does that article say that Ulloa hasn't arrived here yet? the video just posted on Player from the 1st day of training (today) shows Ulloa there.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So what you are saying is that when Poyet was sacked it wasn't a nightmare? Poyet sold him the Albion dream, which abruptly ended after four months of him signing for four years.

What is daft is you bringing your mummy comment into it rather than understanding why he probably feels it's time to move on.

It was no worse for him than any other player. There are lots of Spanish speaking people at the Albion, probably far more than at Leicester, so I don't think that not speaking English was a problem for him either.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Correct. This is the problem with our league and football in general. Our football league is only about money now and how much players can get. May be they should take a walk in your shoes to ****ing well appreciate what they bloody have.

Nice shoes?

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
It really rather enforces the fact that how important it is to have first class youth and scouting set up. Even Premiership membership will not stop the player drain.Ulloa will go,if the price is right,sooner or later.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It was no worse for him than any other player. There are lots of Spanish speaking people at the Albion, probably far more than at Leicester, so I don't think that not speaking English was a problem for him either.

I'm not really saying it was worse for him not speaking English, but that on top of the turmoil the club was in just four months after he signed for us when his English was zero wouldn't have made him deliriously happy. All the players would have felt uncertain of their futures here after that.

In any case he speaks perfect English now.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Leicester Paper Update today..

"Leicester City are set to step up their search for a new striker and may reignite their interest in Brighton’s Leonardo Ulloa"

http://,www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-shift-focus-signing-new-striker/story-21311139-detail/story.html

If they did come back in for him, in light of the reports of McCormack going possibly to another Championship club for £10M, then I'd expect the bid to be of a similar size, and he'd be off.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Is everyone aware that there isn't one player in the squad who wouldn't want to leave if ANY Premier League club showed an interest? I'm not even sure why this is being debated.

That doesn't mean that we have to sell him but the worst case scenario here is a demotivated, unfit striker trying to force a move and us missing £7-10m, that would have been very handy to add to the squad.

I would be extremely suprised if he were here on 1 September.

EDIT: Do we remember Liam Bridcutt's performances after his head was turned? He went from the energy hub of the team to disinterested and lazy.

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Is everyone aware that there isn't one player in the squad who wouldn't want to leave if ANY Premier League club showed an interest? I'm not even sure why this is being debated.

I agree with this.

I would be extremely suprised if he were here on 1 September.

I disagree with this. I'm expecting him to stay put unless the valuation is met. I honestly think we don't need to sell and TB seems happy to play hardball.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeah? Fancy a wager - proceeds to REMF - on whether Barnes or Ulloa gets most goals in the Premier League next season?
You think that if Barnes and Ulloa are in the PL next season, Barnes will score more?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here