Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa wants out?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Think he'll come a serious cropper in the Big Boys League. There were plenty Championship defenders who neutered him last season. Things can only get WORSE...

really...probably because he was up against 2 centre halfs and had very limited service. His scoring rate is great, and then add in he dosent take pens...Mr Ulloa if he leaves will be very difficult to replace.

I think I am right in saying he scored against every premier league club we played last season and against most of the top sides in the championship, despite playing on his own.

D

Deleted member 22389

As it happens working 24/7 caring for my mrs is the most rewarding job I've had along with the worst pay.

Why such a daft comment? Footballers have tantrums to get their own way is exactly the same as a 6 yeast olds IMO. He wants to play in the prem? For starters try at least hitting the target from 12 yards.

Correct. This is the problem with our league and football in general. Our football league is only about money now and how much players can get. May be they should take a walk in your shoes to ****ing well appreciate what they bloody have.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Ulloa Out, Murray in and 5mil in the bank to strengthen elsewhere....

Yes please.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
really...probably because he was up against 2 centre halfs and had very limited service. His scoring rate is great, and then add in he dosent take pens...Mr Ulloa if he leaves will be very difficult to replace.

I think I am right in saying he scored against every premier league club we played last season and against most of the top sides in the championship, despite playing on his own.

you have just upped the price to 10m + Nugent

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Knowing he is coming into the peak of his career yet STILL signed a 4 1/2 year deal. Sorry, but its really poor to then want out 16 months after playing his first game for us.

He didn't sign a 4.5 year contract because he wanted to stay that long though, did he, 99% of footballers are the same.

He signed that contract because he managed to negotiate the club into giving it to him, so that even if he came here, and was gash, he could stay for the duration picking up a very tidy sum every week until his early 30's.

Oh, and to give the example of his penalty (twice) as a prime example of him not being a great player? :facepalm:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
All the ****ing same these players. I used to actually get stressed when players said they wanted out, now I don't give a shit.
Players should take a leaf out of Calde's book. Happy where he is, loves the club, loves the area and probably knows life is not going to get any better than it is now.

Bottom line , 90% of the players want money. If we put 20k a week down on the table for Ulloa he would love the club.

Ulloa hasn't said anything. A reporter says he has said something. It's not the same.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
And you talk about his dream turning into a nightmare, that's daft - really daft.

So what you are saying is that when Poyet was sacked it wasn't a nightmare? Poyet sold him the Albion dream, which abruptly ended after four months of him signing for four years.

What is daft is you bringing your mummy comment into it rather than understanding why he probably feels it's time to move on.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
He didn't sign a 4.5 year contract because he wanted to stay that long though, did he, 99% of footballers are the same.

He signed that contract because he managed to negotiate the club into giving it to him, so that even if he came here, and was gash, he could stay for the duration picking up a very tidy sum every week until his early 30's.

Oh, and to give the example of his penalty (twice) as a prime example of him not being a great player? :facepalm:

So you have some knowledge of Ulloa's thoughts now? Do you know him? How many footballers DO you know?

Have I said he's not a good player? I merely pointed out that he's missed loads of sitters including that penalty and that if he'd converted a few more he wouldn't need to look anywhere for a prem team as we would have gone up.

Not too difficult to comprehend is it?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
So what you are saying is that when Poyet was sacked it wasn't a nightmare? Poyet sold him the Albion dream, which abruptly ended after four months of him signing for four years.

What is daft is you bringing your mummy comment into it rather than understanding why he probably feels it's time to move on.

It wasn't good but was it Ulloa's nightmare? - are you another who now claims to know his thoughts?

Seriously, if you had nightmares about a manager being sacked I'd be concerned for you.

IF this story is true, and that's a big IF can you honestly say that you'd approve of a player wanting to leave after such a short time with us after spending two years getting him?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
If he was really desperate to go and earn a pay check from the Premier league then he would hand in a transfer request!

'Cheque'...... we are in the UK you know.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It wasn't good but was it Ulloa's nightmare? - are you another who now claims to know his thoughts?

Seriously, if you had nightmares about a manager being sacked I'd be concerned for you.

IF this story is true, and that's a big IF can you honestly say that you'd approve of a player wanting to leave after such a short time with us after spending two years getting him?

I couldn’t give a baboon’s swollen arse, let alone get irate over it. You can feel free to have a problem with it though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
get rid, then

it's all a matter of opinions, I'm not a Liverpool supporter, so that example is irrelevant.
It isn't irrelevant - the point is simply that you don't just 'get rid' of a player if they say they want to move on - in Ulloa's case, to play in the top division.

If we get offered £7m , bite their hands off imo....
Yep, that's a lot of money, and I could understand if we took it. Accepting a high offer is not the same as getting rid though.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't trust that article. No quotes = no substance. That said, he may well want to leave.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Im pretty confident Ulloa doesnt want to leave as said before i have met Ulloa on more than one occassion and had one to one chats with him about football, his love of brighton and his family being very settled here, he stated to me that brighton is by far the best place in england that he has been to and he stated that he hopes to go up with brighton and is his preferred route, yes maybe this has changed but i only got this out of him with about 5 games left of last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here