Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa wants out?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I don't miss many things, but I don't think I have seen it reported anywhere, that Ulloa did not turn up for training last week ? Where did that smoke come from ?
Who knows...the players agent, the tea lady, a flight attendant, another player, the groundsman, Abdul Abulbul Amir....?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
This!! I have never rated him right from the start. His only real value was to be in the right place at the right time. He has no pace and gives up too easily. He seems to have a self inflated opinion of himself. Certainly not Premiership material. I say let him go and build the team around players who really want to be Brighton players and not be tempted by higher wages.
You are obviously confused........ You are describing old Barn door Barnes surely!?!

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
No, alleged travel problems. Looks like we will be able to give Southamptona nice greeting when they arrive having poached our main striker and potential assistance manager next month. Perhaps we could let them have our nice new, unused, training ground as well - it appears that they are struggling to update their's :rolleyes:

2 Month's off and for supposed travel issues does not make first day back for medical tests.
Over the same weekend an agent leaks a story to a newspaper when it is known he is due to meet the new manager on the Monday to discuss his future.
A classic transfer scenario if ever I saw one....

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
"But Ulloa will return from his holiday back in Argentina today and make it clear to Hyypia that he wants to be given the chance to play Premier League football."

You've been given a chance.
It may have happened if you scored more goals.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This!! I have never rated him right from the start. His only real value was to be in the right place at the right time. He has no pace and gives up too easily. He seems to have a self inflated opinion of himself. Certainly not Premiership material. I say let him go and build the team around players who really want to be Brighton players and not be tempted by higher wages.

Alongside being able to finish, I'd say that this is as good a quality you could hope for from a forward.
That said, I do think he's slow. Hyypia has said that what we need to improve is our transition from defence to attack, and particularly the speed of that transition. This World Cup is illustrating the importance of this, and the question might be not so much what Prem clubs and Ulloa want, but what Hyypia wants up-front for his team.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
You could argue that if Ulloa had put away another half a dozen of the hatful of sitters he'd missed then he wouldn't need to move club to play in the prem.

Could also add that he signed a 4 1/2 year deal so wanting out after one third of it is pretty poor tbh.

Not really, he was mislead and we weren’t what we said on the tin. He came here on a dream which turned into a nightmare after only four months. I feel sorry for him coming from another country, not speaking the language and being put in that situation. With that said he has been a gent to us despite what happened, but it is probably time to go and start afresh with a new challenge on a blank canvass.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

I really don't understand players who are tempted by much higher wages.........Why would you want more money?

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Good as gone for very good money, now looking forward to Sami's replacement strikers, hopefully with his contacts, better and good value.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Its not just the transfer fees though is it .. there are 3/4 more lots of wages to find all probably on similar amounts to what Ulloa was /is on .so getting £7mill is great but think of the additional costs.

Agreed, but these players will have to be found anyway.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
If he genuinely wants to go and the money is still on the table then can't see any other outcome then a sale. The last thing we want on our hands is a striker who is holding a grudge against the club for denying him premier league football

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
If he genuinely wants to go and the money is still on the table then can't see any other outcome then a sale. The last thing we want on our hands is a striker who is holding a grudge against the club for denying him premier league football

**** him. He goes when any club meets our valuation and if they don't then he stays and plays and honour his contract that he signed, If he throws a hissy fit then he can play with the kids and if he refuses then the **** can sit at home without pay.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
**** him. He goes when any club meets our valuation and if they don't then he stays and plays and honour his contract that he signed, If he throws a hissy fit then he can play with the kids and if he refuses then the **** can sit at home without pay.

Yh, good idea. Great plan. :ffsparr:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Not really, he was mislead and we weren’t what we said on the tin. He came here on a dream which turned into a nightmare after only four months. I feel sorry for him coming from another country, not speaking the language and being put in that situation. With that said he has been a gent to us despite what happened, but it is probably time to go and start afresh with a new challenge on a blank canvass.

Does the precious little soldier want his mummy too?

He's 28 ffs not bloody 6

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
so what we saying ,

7 mil Ulloa
3 mil Bridcutt money
1 mil Barnes
Money saved wages 1m
TB quote "generous improved budget" so 3 mil

Total on squad strengthining = £15 million pounds

We can but dream