Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa wants out?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
It's in the newspaper, it must be true!

Regardless to the validity of this story, if ANY player wants to leave, you should let them. There's no point keeping a player who isn't fully committed, especially when you can get millions for him.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Could be a very much better player if he stopped checking for the defender behind him and making a claim for being clattered every time the ball comes to him in the air. He is good in the air from free-kicks and crosses but pretty hopeless when the ball is played up to him. Murray was a genius in the air as a target man compared to Ulloa. £7 million is a pretty good return for Ulloa - having said that I'd prefer him to stay and develop his quality some more - not sure he would be the big cheese in the Premier League, but sometimes players surprise you. (Also not expecting Ashley Barnes to positively surprise in the Prem - his close control will still be non-existent).

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Did anyone think he would want to stay?

Once the bids from Leicester (and others?) came in then he was always going to go. I'd imagine anyone signing for a Prem club from the C'ship will at least treble their wages plus have the opportunity to make a name for themselves.

It's life, can't imagine any Championship player spurning the opportunity to play Premier League football for the lottery of promotion

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Dont believe the story.

Dont want him to go but If we got 7/8 million and invested all on the team then we should be able to get quality in.

Spent wisely alongside our "generous" budget then no reason why couldnt go for top 2.

Easier said than done.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
And the other club rumoured to be interested in Leo is.......wait for it........Scumhampton.

We ll they can fxxk right off!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
No direct quotes, no sources mentioned. Nothing.

Ulloa may well want to leave, but the story is made up.

edit: the journalist that this is attributed to isn't in the country.

It might have been made up with the assistance of Ulloa's agent, or a feeder for his agent; it seems entirely plausible to me.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We've seen the best of him. If he wants to go, I hope we let him go (for £7m+).

I fancy our backroom staff to find another tidy finisher playing outside England for a relative bargain.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Really ? Why make up a story ?

1 To fill a paper on a quiet news day.
2 To try and get a name for yourself.

Regardless of what people think of the Mirror, I am sure their chief sports writer wasn't under any pressure to come up with a Championship related story today.
Why do any of us do anything?

....I suspect its to fill column inches and generate advertising revenue through clicks on the web page.

Its a story which could have a lot of truth about it. We're aware of Leicester's approaches and the almost fanatical drive of ballers to make the step up to the BIG league (plus its financial rewards) so it wouldn't take a big leap to be able to write this. However, no quotes from anyone must be a clue to its validity.

Forget it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The article is clearly a complete fabrication based on assumption.

The assumption is probably not far from the truth, but the notion that Ulloa has "revealed" this to someone, who has then passed it on to whatever hack cobbled that bobbins together is laughable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here