Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa wants out?

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Ulloa still no:1 target for Leicester City...

http://www.first4lcfc.co.uk/blog/bidding-war-set-to-begin-for-ajax-forward/

Jordan Rhodes - £8m offer from Norwich rejected by Blackburn so player demands a pay rise..... Could Ulloa demand similar (pay me the salary of a 10m player)?

URL="http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jordan-rhodes-norwich-city-blackburn-7381871"]http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jordan-rhodes-norwich-city-blackburn-7381871[/URL]

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
If they came back with an improved offer of 8M I wonder how many on here would sell or keep??

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Yes, and Hull, West Ham and Swansea by all means. Apparently just refused a bid of 1.75 from Hull……but Hull didn’t have the bait to force the deal, maybe?

I can only see one floor in your logic, why would he want to drop back down to the Championship when he has spent the last 4/5 years trying to get out of it.

Just because Leicester might agree doesnt mean the player will and it would also leave them looking for a new number 1.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
According to the current transfer rumours on NSC, putting 2 and 2 together and making 5 we will be selling Ulloa to Leicester for cash, buying Clayton and Balldock with the cash and getting Lingard and Butland on loan. Not bad if true.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
According to the current transfer rumours on NSC, putting 2 and 2 together and making 5 we will be selling Ulloa to Leicester for cash, buying Clayton and Balldock with the cash and getting Lingard and Butland on loan. Not bad if true.

As I've said lets hope wages are not the stumbling block they always seem to be

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Relax.

There'll be lots of fans at lots of clubs saying the same as you.

I think the club have learnt a lesson from rushing in and splurging big money on player like CMS, Buckley & Hoskins.

For what it's worth, Palarse had a last minute wholesale import of players last year and it didn't do them too much harm.

Some good points there.
A few clubs have done a lot of business already - Liverpool, Chelsea, Hull, ManC and Cardiff spring to mind, but they are the exception and only a tiny fraction of the acquiring that will occur by 1st Sept has been done so far.

Also, TB has learned the lesson of unthought-out spending and giving too much power to a single person (Poyet) in the Summer of 2011.

Not so sure though about the CP analogy. Didn't Pulis come in and quite rightly ignore much of the dross bought last Summer from his first 11?
Last minute spending sprees by CP and Spuds last Summer, saw both clubs ripped off and acquire some duds.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Pretty bad I reckon.

We won't make the playoffs without heavily investing in another striker, if what you suggest happens.

We'll need to spend the entire Ulloa fee on a striker like Rhodes or better.

Last edited:

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
We'll need to spend the entire Ulloa fee on a striker like Rhodes or better.

Why? What if another Ulloa is lurking in Europe, or available on a free, or for <2m? Why would we NEED to spend all that money? I'm 50/50 on whether to sell Leo FWIW, but IF we did and IF we got 8/9m, we could use that to buy 4 players for 1/2m each and have money spare - or alternatively, 3 players for 1/2m each and a couple of frees/loans. This NEEDING to spend huge money on a striker is only to satisfy impatient fans' egos, and would also (a) serve as a statement to every club and agent in January that we're throwing money about, and (b) put Leo's replacement under a lot of pressure to live up to the fee. It serves no purpose unless you could GUARANTEE that player would get us promoted. Which is obviously not possible as he could break a leg in the first game and be out all season.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Why? What if another Ulloa is lurking in Europe, or available on a free, or for <2m? Why would we NEED to spend all that money? I'm 50/50 on whether to sell Leo FWIW, but IF we did and IF we got 8/9m, we could use that to buy 4 players for 1/2m each and have money spare - or alternatively, 3 players for 1/2m each and a couple of frees/loans. This NEEDING to spend huge money on a striker is only to satisfy impatient fans' egos, and would also (a) serve as a statement to every club and agent in January that we're throwing money about, and (b) put Leo's replacement under a lot of pressure to live up to the fee. It serves no purpose unless you could GUARANTEE that player would get us promoted. Which is obviously not possible as he could break a leg in the first game and be out all season.

If Baldock is Ulloa's replacent, I fear for our season.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Sky have just tweeted that Nigel Pearson is still looking to sign a striker and Leo was one of 3 names mentioned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here