Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa wants out?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
According to that article, Wickham is currently valued at 5m by Leicester. Would make this supposed 7m bid for Ulloa look like a really good offer for us.

Or, Leicester have no idea how to value a player properly.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
A) unknown
B) unknown
C) I think some clever replacements, if the money gets reinvested, could provide us with more options than ulloa gave us.

Just my opinion though.

I Understand what your saying though BW.

In a summer where we already need quite a few new players, I don't think we should be looking to sell Ulloa, unless he is unhappy and demands a transfer.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
According to that article, Wickham is currently valued at 5m by Leicester. Would make this supposed 7m bid for Ulloa look like a really good offer for us.

And yet the 10 million for McCormack makes 7 million look a little 'light'.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
According to that article, Wickham is currently valued at 5m by Leicester.
As if Sunderland would let him go for that. He was one of their best players when they finished the season well.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Leicester seem to have little idea what to do with their Premiership millions, carrying on from their previous administrations. Clearly have no concept of the value of real money.

EastUpperSeagull

Jul 3, 2013
I don't Ulloa to go for any price. These criticisms of him seeming half-hearted and rolling around on the floor all second half of the season i find ludicrous. He was a one-man frontline expected to be everywhere at once and at all times out-leap and out-muscle TWO central defensive titans. And through these constant enormous battles he still scored a hatful whilst being without the touch and spring he had before his foot broke. He is not easy to replace. Not impossible, but not easy at all to find that level of striker again without paying all we get for him.

Not for me. Winning a header against their out of position midget midfielder would have been nice.

Can't argue with his goals though as I keep telling those around me. Doesn't stop me being frustrated with his moaning and woeful ability to beat anyone in the air.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Seemed to be having a good laugh with the other players at the end of the match today, no sign of the sulky want-away some think him to be.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Seemed to be having a good laugh with the other players at the end of the match today, no sign of the sulky want-away some think him to be.
That's good to hear. Didn't notice myself.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The Argus today says that he'd prefer to play in the Premier League with us but he is disappointed with the lack of investment in the squad.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The Argus today says that he'd prefer to play in the Premier League with us but he is disappointed with the lack of investment in the squad.

I'm disappointed with the lack of investment thus far but signings are on their way. He needs to be patient like the fans. He's had a lucky escape with Sammy Lee...he should be grateful for that, alone.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

And so say most of us.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm disappointed with the lack of investment thus far but signings are on their way. He needs to be patient like the fans. He's had a lucky escape with Sammy Lee...he should be grateful for that, alone.

The trouble with all this 'be patient' rhetoric is the perception to any potential and existing players.

I'm in the 'what will be, will be' camp, however, I would prefer for our business to be done as early as possible in order to establish fitness, team spirit and tactics etc,. It really does no good at al leaving it until the last minute and going for integration into the squad when the season is in full swing.

On top of this, existing players, in this case Ulloa, start to question commitment of the club in relation to investment (though when he stepped into the new training complex, I would have thought that would have been answered), plus any new players will note that the lack of signings and could go elsewhere.

it is clearly the transfer policy to wait until nearer the deadline and we just have to accept it.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
It is clearly the transfer policy to wait until nearer the deadline and we just have to accept it.[/QUOTE]

Its a case of this because i think the bulk of our squad will loans which we will not become available until other teams have assessed their squads. I honestly think that we will not make significant large money purchases but buy development squad type players and bring on with loans in the meantime .

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
it is clearly the transfer policy to wait until nearer the deadline and we just have to accept it.

I'm not sure what our transfer policy is any more, There was a time we looked like we meant business but that soon ground to a halt.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Reading that Argus article and quote that Ulloa is disappointed in Albion squad investment so far.

How impressed would he be if we bought Messi and Aguero in.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Problem is we have no idea what is going on, rumours start, frustrations grow and whilst all other clubs appear busy we look like we are sitting around doing nothing..

I think part of the problem is the club do a very good impression of sitting around doing nothing when it comes to signing players.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Reading that Argus article and quote that Ulloa is disappointed in Albion squad investment so far.

How impressed would he be if we bought Messi and Aguero in.

They will not be Ulloa's word's but his agents.
He is just letting us know why his client would like to go....
He would just like to do it nicely. Just up to Leicester to match our valuation.
Leicester's deal for Frazer Campbell (from Cardiff) has hit the rocks due to his wage demands.
Leicester have been linked with various other options but they don't appear to be able to complete any deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here