Ulloa to Palace ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Straight swap for Dobbie?

Would dobbie want to come back ? What's ulloa like in the air ? We need someone to get on the end of our long balls !

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Yes of course OG would be tempted Se20,as who in their right mind wouldnt sell a player for £5million to release funds then try and spend more to find a player of the same calibre !!!! great business sense ffs

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Why is everyone saying double the figure add on this etc....

How can we replace Leo in a day or two?
He is so important for our season he would not sell
For 20mil. TB want prem if it was not for ffp TB would spend big.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Just off to the paper shop to check this one out. He won't go though. What would be the attraction?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I did hear yesterday that we are about to break our record transfer fee.
We paid £4.5 mill up front for Gayle, so it could be related.

Yeah...you are buying Jimmy ( Mr Treatment Table ) Kebe from Reading. Good luck with that one!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
£5m wouldn't be enough, and we've no players to replace him with.

Unlikely, but at least your club is now looking at quality rather than donkeys and pub players, so its a step in the right direction for you.

:thumbsup:

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Just off to the paper shop to check this one out. He won't go though. What would be the attraction?

For Ullloa - a chance to show off his skills in the Premiership and of course there is the money.

For the club - depends on the real finances and also realistic ambitions - I can't believe TB thinks we have a real chance of promotion this season so if planning for next season then money from the sale would consolidate our position well within the FFP rules and provide the platform to build for next year.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's probably mischief making by The Sun, but if it is a genuine offer, would TB accept it to give OG much needed funds ?

This show you know nothing about football.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
never going to happen with Palace but I wouldn't be totally surprised if a top 12 club looked at the big Ulloa and thought (not unlike Michu) he is well worth a punt - £5-10m to those teams is absolute peanuts and from what I've seen, even that would be a bargain if he continues to improve as he has....mind you would definitely send a clear signal we are not serious about trying to go up this year and the downer it would have with the supporters would be huge - so can't see, short of a simply massive offer that no sane person could reject, that TB would be vaguely interested.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The problem is, as supporters, we put a higher price tag on our favourite players.
But a chairman has to put on his business head on ,and make sound financial decisions for the good of the club.
On the face of it, to double your money in under a year is good business, but TB would be committing suicide by selling him to us.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
£5m wouldn't be enough, and we've no players to replace him with.

Unlikely, but at least your club is now looking at quality rather than donkeys and pub players, so its a step in the right direction for you.

:thumbsup:
Yes we are looking for better quality that's for sure , what about we throw in willbraham to sweeten the deal , he's mustard in the championship .

Jul 7, 2003
The problem is, as supporters, we put a higher price tag on our favourite players.
But a chairman has to put on his business head on ,and make sound financial decisions for the good of the club.
On the face of it, to double your money in under a year is good business, but TB would be committing suicide by selling him to us.

Can you stop coming on here and putting forward sensible thoughts on the matter:)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes we are looking for better quality that's for sure , what about we throw in willbraham to sweeten the deal , he's mustard in the championship .

Wilbrahim is probably one of the worst strikers in the country, but you already know that, don't you ? ???

albionite

May 20, 2009

Haha are you really that deluded? Do you think our chairman would sell our best striker since Zamora to our rivals? I doubt they would accept 15m from you lot even if he needed the money. It would go into melt down on here and in the stands.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Wilbrahim is probably one of the worst strikers in the country, but you already know that, don't you ? ???

Are you kidding me ? Did you not see his performance in the play off final !

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why is everyone saying double the figure add on this etc....

How can we replace Leo in a day or two?
He is so important for our season he would not sell
For 20mil. TB want prem if it was not for ffp TB would spend big.

This is so right. I think some posters under estimate how true a fan Tony is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports