Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Uk spat with China takes a serious turn

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Do you think they will be Satay-sfied with just one title in 30 years or will this push them on to greater things?

I heard they were looking at a tough tackling fullback called Chopper Suey! :rock:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Their loss. I guess they had to watch their local Real Fruitbat v AC Armadillo instead. China’s only goal is to control the rest of the world. About time countries like ours took a stand against such an evil regime. There’s trouble ahead, mark my words.

Wouldn't catch countries like ours trying to control the rest of the world #countrieslikeours

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I watched the Chinese national team a while back. I was asked which players I'd take to Brighton.

I said I'd take away numbers 1, 4, 23 and 32.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
you are an idiot [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] please put this into the bear pit

I've spent a lot of my adult life rallying against racism and discrimination. I seemingly spend equal amounts of time trying to get people to understand that much of what is called 'casual racism' is nothing of the sort.

I suppose I stop my Aussie friends causing me Pommie, French using the term 'rostbif' (how dare we call them 'frogs') and I should get the Brisbane customs lady who likes to joke about me bringing the weather with me every time for stereo-typing.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
China reportedly blacks out English football amid ongoing spat with the UK

https://www.forexlive.com/news/!/ch...otball-amid-ongoing-spat-with-the-uk-20200723

This being reported by Bloomberg, citing a person familiar with the decision. China state media television, CCTV, holds the rights to broadcast Premier League matches in China but is now said to not show the remainder of the competition.
The match between Liverpool and Chelsea (Pulisic!) yesterday was not aired and the television program schedule are also not including the next set of matches. That said, there's only one round of fixtures left for the current season.
This comes amid the ongoing spat between China and UK surrounding the Hong Kong issue as well as Huawei, with the UK now detailing the route for Hong Kong citizens to apply for citizenship as well - a move which has angered China even more.

Its was the live feed which was stopped. They were shown an hour later.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I loved the way Nicon (Nixon!!!???) tried to cosy up to China to create a new market for American tat. The Chinese think we are a bunch of weak tossers. They don't even feel the need to dick around with spy games, à la Putin. They just do what they want.

Boris and chums just demonstrate their pathetic naivety with antics like the telecoms deal and then the knicker wetting retreat.

We have a cast iron deal to protect the Hong Kong populace and the Chinese are marching all over it. What will we do about that? Jolly well nothing, that's what. I doubt Boris even knows what the deal is. The clueless dilettante oaf.

What do you suggest we do?

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I loved the way Nicon (Nixon!!!???) tried to cosy up to China to create a new market for American tat. The Chinese think we are a bunch of weak tossers. They don't even feel the need to dick around with spy games, à la Putin. They just do what they want.

Boris and chums just demonstrate their pathetic naivety with antics like the telecoms deal and then the knicker wetting retreat.

We have a cast iron deal to protect the Hong Kong populace and the Chinese are marching all over it. What will we do about that? Jolly well nothing, that's what. I doubt Boris even knows what the deal is. The clueless dilettante oaf.

Boris is doing something about it.he has offered UK citizenship to Hong Kong residents.this is actually an excellent strategy.china will lose a hell of a lot of very clever,highly trained and very rich people and their loss will be our gain at a time when our economy will probably need a few entrepreneurs,investors and tech savvy innovators.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
A somewhat interesting interpretation of China ripping up the Sino-British Joint Declaration.

Didn't see Britain sending any "Task Force" half way round the World like they did when another weaker Nation did similar.

We seem selective in that regard. Only physically fight those you perceive weaker.

Anyhow arguments with too many people seems to have turned my own views round 180 degrees.

I am advocating staying out of other countries politics. Essentially we have been pressured getting into this by the US.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here