Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Graham Terra-Potter Army.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Lots of casual racism on this thread I see. China has done eff all to me.

The West is just as bad tbf.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
China has done eff all to me.

Que full on Life of Brian mode.
Whatever have the Chinese every done for us, other than inventing:

Paper making
Moveable Type Printing
Gunpowder
Compass
Alcohol
Mechanical Clock
Tea Production
Silk
Umbrella
Acupuncture
Iron Smelting
Porcelain
Kite
Seed Drill

Yep nothing good comes out of China

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yep we're big on labour and re-education camps, proper racist...

Yet happy for all those in China and the camps (because unfortunately as you point out they are Chinese) to be made fun of about their food/names etc etc....

It is exactly how it starts, it makes it ok, if kids here that as in the 60s and 70s then it becomes acceptable and then grows from there to full on blind hate, that's what all the men in the 70s who went on NF marches through towns heard there parents "jokingly" make fun of surnames etc back in the 60s and 50s during the windrush.

You understand that, we don't want that, we want the same thing the dictatorship of China brought down, not drag the people of china down. s

surely

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
China reportedly blacks out English football amid ongoing spat with the UK

https://www.forexlive.com/news/!/ch...otball-amid-ongoing-spat-with-the-uk-20200723

This being reported by Bloomberg, citing a person familiar with the decision. China state media television, CCTV, holds the rights to broadcast Premier League matches in China but is now said to not show the remainder of the competition.
The match between Liverpool and Chelsea (Pulisic!) yesterday was not aired and the television program schedule are also not including the next set of matches. That said, there's only one round of fixtures left for the current season.
This comes amid the ongoing spat between China and UK surrounding the Hong Kong issue as well as Huawei, with the UK now detailing the route for Hong Kong citizens to apply for citizenship as well - a move which has angered China even more.

Their loss. I guess they had to watch their local Real Fruitbat v AC Armadillo instead. China’s only goal is to control the rest of the world. About time countries like ours took a stand against such an evil regime. There’s trouble ahead, mark my words.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yet happy for all those in China and the camps (because unfortunately as you point out they are Chinese) to be made fun of about their food/names etc etc....

It is exactly how it starts, it makes it ok, if kids here that as in the 60s and 70s then it becomes acceptable and then grows from there to full on blind hate, that's what all the men in the 70s who went on NF marches through towns heard there parents "jokingly" make fun of surnames etc back in the 60s and 50s during the windrush.

You understand that, we don't want that, we want the same thing the dictatorship of China brought down, not drag the people of china down. s

surely

How do you separate the two? How does someone defeat the Chinese government without defeating its people first? And don’t be so assuming that Chinese don’t support their government. Despite attempts to rewrite history, and replace word German with nazi, facts remains the German people overwhelmingly supported Hitler and in WW2 the Allies fought against Germany, just as Germany didn’t fight against the Tory-Labour-Liberal party, they fought Britain.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i follow crypto currency, and they're banned in China about every month. i dont think anyone will be missing any football there, and our clubs will still get their revenue.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Childish and typical behaviour from a non-democracy.

If they up the ante by blocking UK football for good, clubs will have some reduced income, but football will carry on.

Prices worth paying for the Free World taking a stand against a devious and brutal regime.

We started it

We were pretty happy with Huwawei rolling out 5G in the UK until we decided to become the little ''Lap Dog'' of Donald Trump and join his personal Fight against China

China could drive the UK Economy into the ground if they choose to - Most Manufacturing for UK companies is provided in China, India and Bangladesh

We are lucky they have only started on the football. That's small fry in comparison to the issues they could cause the UK Economy if they really put their mind to it.

We should have stayed out of the United States petty little fights that Donald Trump is picking in an effort to get re-elected over there because we will be the ones picking up the pieces after Trump gets booted out in November.

China is too powerful a Nation Economically for the UK to pick a fight with.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What can we do?

Send a gunboat?

Be consistent?

Not sign deals if we are simply going to melt when the others break the deal?

Not simply carry on trading like nothing happened?

Not huff and puff, playing to the gallery, with jolly-well threats we plan to not jolly-well carry through?

Put up or shut up?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good to see Liverpool presented with the trophy last night, they’ll never wok alone.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We started it

We were pretty happy with Huwawei rolling out 5G in the UK until we decided to become the little ''Lap Dog'' of Donald Trump and join his personal Fight against China

China could drive the UK Economy into the ground if they choose to - Most Manufacturing for UK companies is provided in China, India and Bangladesh

We are lucky they have only started on the football. That's small fry in comparison to the issues they could cause the UK Economy if they really put their mind to it.

We should have stayed out of the United States petty little fights that Donald Trump is picking in an effort to get re-elected over there because we will be the ones picking up the pieces after Trump gets booted out in November.

China is too powerful a Nation Economically for the UK to pick a fight with.

Of course, it doesn't help that we will no longer be part of the world's largest trading block, we will have a lot less leverage alone, and maybe now we need them more than they need us.

From my own business experiences, I don't trust them and letting them be involved in our nuc power stations seems just crazy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Regarding the phone technology thing, is it just me or....

Is it a bit far fetched to think that with every bit of 5G kit the Chinese will have added in a transmitter or other secret device so they can read our communications (and possibly our minds)? How does this work, exactly? Do all our communications have to go through a big box in Beijing? Is the bit of mystery kit impossible to locate or analyse? Is it hidden in some little safe like thing in the phone mast? Or is it actually secret software, hidden in the Dark Web?

FFS. Really? ??? Call me Rod Serling but the Twiglet Zone was a sci fi programme from the 1950s, wasn't it? And the Fi in Sci Fi stands for effing FICTION.

And all this information that's collected, they will be using half a billion members of their population to read it all, sift it, catalogue it, dice it and slice it? Right?

This is all a load of fantasy bollocks propagated by Trump so he can promote the shitter US 4.5G equivalent, isn't it?

The paranoia is being greedily fed on by the 'tin hatters' who believe 5G will make them sterile zombies and that, of course, China can use it as a means of mind control.

This change of heart by HMG is all about doing what Uncle Sam tells us to do, 'or else'.

Boris is a craven dimbot, isn't he? He has 'worked out' we either have to do what America tells us or what China tells us. :facepalm:

Still at least we can line up in an economically powerful bloc with the EU in all this.

Oh.

Serling.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here