Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Turks and Kurds have been fighting each other for years in Europe. Particularly in Holland when I was living there. This is nothing new, but if it helps your anti immigration fight.
I imagine some of the Turks and Kurds are right wingers, both very nationalistic. Is this little film and quote in response to you making a fool of yourself earlier with the other video?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Turks and Kurds have been fighting each other for years in Europe. Particularly in Holland when I was living there. This is nothing new, but if it helps your anti immigration fight.
I imagine some of the Turks and Kurds are right wingers, both very nationalistic. Is this little film and quote in response to you making a fool of yourself earlier with the other video?

We'll see.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Oh sorry, i did not realise that it had become acceptable in these EU countries, and i could have bet my bottom dollar that it would be the "right wingers" fault. These "right wingers" :rolleyes:that are fighting i would assume are economic migrants seeing as it has been happening "for years in Europe", all the more reason for the UK to just take the GENUINE refugees escaping the conflict, which to be sure means those in camps near the border. Hopefully we do not end up with those that " have been fighting each other for years in Europe".

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

"This is nothing new" is not a good reason to not be concerned of escalation.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
well the Turkish government is very right wing ,conservative Muslim.
The Kurds on the other hand tend to be very much on the left

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
We'd prefer Christian refugees, Cyprus says – because they adjust better to life.
The island is only willing to take up to 300 refugees fleeing the nearby Middle East.
And interior minister Socratis Hasikos said he would "prefer" them to be Orthodox Christians – because it would be easier for them to adjust to life.
Slovakia and the Czech Republic have also said they would prefer Christians under the EU's new resettlement scheme.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...cratis-Hasikos-religion-Muslim-European-Union

Perhaps in Christian countries this is the way to go...although i have to say that most of the other religions are not a problem.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
"This is nothing new" is not a good reason to not be concerned of escalation.

Its not really an escalation. These people hate each other. Have done for decades. I recall major issues between the two parties,
includinng the firebombing of a home from one side or the others, resulting in a family being wiped out, and attacking each others social
events.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You seemed to be determined to come back from your earlier faux pas regarding rightwingers. haha

Anyway, we will see what? Your answer earlier was a little ambiguous.

We will see what affect this massive influx of people, some genuine refugees, mostly economic migrants, have on Europe and the UK. Judging by the behaviour in places like Germany, France, Holland (thanks for mentioning it seeing as you lived there and witnessed it) Sweden, Norway, Denmark etc, then trouble and regret could quickly surface..... We we see.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Its not really an escalation. These people hate each other. Have done for decades. I recall major issues between the two parties,
includinng the firebombing of a home from one side or the others, resulting in a family being wiped out, and attacking each others social
events.

I didn't say or claim it was an escalation, I said your "This is nothing new" argument is not a good reason to not be concerned of escalation.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Or increasing the pay so it is a more 'attractive' position so the isn't a nurse shortage. If you pay peanuts you end up in the situation now where we are having to sub-contract staff from the Philippines.

Sure, however its harder for unions to fight for higher pay when employers can ship in workers from the 3rd world.

If the NHS was an ethical employer it would not strip India and African nations of their precious health workers and would not encourage this migration by dealing with agencies.

Nursing agencies are the worst of both worlds, minimal pay for the agency staff which is a disincentive to train nurses locally and punative contractual terms by the agencies for the NHS..................its just another way for the capitalists and corporatists to screw the workers once again.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
We will see what affect this massive influx of people, some genuine refugees, mostly economic migrants, have on Europe and the UK. Judging by the behaviour in places like Germany, France, Holland (thanks for mentioning it seeing as you lived there and witnessed it) Sweden, Norway, Denmark etc, then trouble and regret could quickly surface..... We we see.

Judging by our behaviour in their region, it is certainly a regret.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I didn't say or claim it was an escalation, I said your "This is nothing new" argument is not a good reason to not be concerned of escalation.

I see what your saying. The Turk/Kurd issue is going to escalate. I have no doubt. There are currently bombing/killing each other in the region, so to think it wont have repercussons would be foolish.
Much the same as here with the Russians and the Ukrainians. Saying that, they are fighting each other, and not Czechs, and I doubt that Kurds and Turks are attacking European people over it..
The world has seriously changed, thanks to a whole heap of reasons.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
i wouldnt be so sure that Corbyn would accept EU dictated quotas. but as a opposition leader in waiting, he cant do anything for another 4.7 years at least. but nice way to ignore the point that this is Germany trying to tell the rest of Europe what they should do because they want to do something.

Trying is not necessarily doing

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Good luck with posting that link, i posted similar yesterday morning and got this reply from Nibble "Oh thank god the kid had a nasty father. For a moment I was thinking I was going to have to pity the drowned, dead 3 year old child washed up on the beach but now you've heard a rumour, I don't have to.".......so it is definitely not true and the father is ok.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here