Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
One of the (few) things we should applaud the last Labour governemt on was the growth in immigration. It went from 6m to 7m in three years to 2009 but has slowed down since. It has taken 6 years to move the next 1m to 8m. Our economy needs more young workers to support the post war social agenda. Merkel, one of the great leaders of our time, is rightly saying she will not have intollerence shown to immigrants and i am with her. We are a country of immigrants, and long may it continue

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Net migration to the UK is at an all-time high, reaching 330,000 in the year to March, the Office for National Statistics has said.

The figure - the difference between the number entering the country and those leaving - is more than three times higher than the government's target.

In 2014, 13% of people in the UK had been born abroad, taking the foreign-born population to 8.3m.

Immigration Minister James Brokenshire said it was "deeply disappointing".

UKIP leader Nigel Farage said: "These figures reflect 'Borderless Britain' and total impotence of the British government."

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
One of the (few) things we should applaud the last Labour governemt on was the growth in immigration. It went from 6m to 7m in three years to 2009 but has slowed down since. It has taken 6 years to move the next 1m to 8m. Our economy needs more young workers to support the post war social agenda. Merkel, one of the great leaders of our time, is rightly saying she will not have intollerence shown to immigrants and i am with her. We are a country of immigrants, and long may it continue

Here here.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

She sounds like a facist.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

The increase in population each year is currently 1.5 times the population of Brighton and Hove. Please could you point me to how Labour have addressed building a city THE SIZE OF BRIGHTON each and EVERY year to house this population growth ? Oh, they didn't and still don't have a policy on that issue do they ?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The increase in population each year is currently 1.5 times the population of Brighton and Hove. Please could you point me to how Labour have addressed building a city THE SIZE OF BRIGHTON each and EVERY year to house this population growth ? Oh, they didn't and still don't have a policy on that issue do they ?

Countries have a great capacity to absorb and towns and cities to organically grow

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Countries have a great capacity to absorb and towns and cities to organically grow

What the f**k does that mean ? We already have a housing crisis - how are we meant to absorb 330k extra people a year - typical Labour ( Blairite Labour ) head in the sand stuff there Hampster.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
What the f**k does that mean ? We already have a housing crisis - how are we meant to absorb 330k extra people a year - typical Labour ( Blairite Labour ) head in the sand stuff there Hampster.

No housing crisis necessary, we have plenty of brownfield sites to build on. Planning laws too onerous but slowly being lifted. I am far from left wing, welcoming immigration to drive the economy isnt a left wing concept

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
One of the (few) things we should applaud the last Labour governemt on was the growth in immigration.

Indeed, they way in which THEY DID NOTHING was a masterstroke.

I don't normally agree with Nigel Farage but in this instance he's right. The EU members states are powerless to halt the movement of peoples in the EU and it will continue to be the single biggest issue for Europe in the next decade. Italy, Macedonia, Greece, Serbia will continue to be swamped in ever increasing numbers, many will get through. Meanwhile, London continues to act as some sort of black hole - sucking in money, resources and people with those around it powerless to resist.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
A totalitarian leader is one who takes away free thought and imposes the states views upon the people.

A leader is someone who is clear on their principles and holds to them. In this instance they can also be de-elected if the majority of the country disagrees

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here