Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
if they are coming here to settle in , work and get ahead then fair enough....if they have other agenda then they should be shot in the head.

In these days of international solidarity and concern for all humanity I am not sure that allowing some to "get ahead" is the moral approach.

Only today its been reported that the NHS is concerned about not being able to recruit staff from outside the EU, and they want to be exempted from the non-EU immigration rules.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-34191123

What right has the NHS to strip much poorer countries of their limited resources of trained health workers.................this kind of behaviour is indefensible and stinks of imperialism.

If anyone is concerned about the wellbeing of their fellow human beings around the globe, then this is exactly the kind of immigraton from poor countries that must be stopped.

We are rich enough to train our own.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What right has the NHS to strip much poorer countries of their limited resources of trained health workers.................this kind of behaviour is indefensible and stinks of imperialism.
You're wrong there. Countries like the Philippines deliberately train more nurses than they can need or afford, with a view to sending them overseas as genuine export commodities.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You're wrong there. Countries like the Philippines deliberately train more nurses than they can need or afford, with a view to sending them overseas as genuine export commodities.

What worth has a Filipino trained nurse leaving and working in Europe ??

Other than to Europe.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

I dont think I am.

The poorest Filipinos have an infant mortality rate of 42 per 1,000 births, compared with 19 per 1,000 births among the rich, according to a concept paper presented at a UP forum on universal health care last year.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquir.../Health-care-beyond-reach-of-poor-say-critics

I suspect there wont be any change in attitude in the British public about this disgrace until we see the corpses of these dead babies splashed over the front pages and headlining our TV news.

How many more filipino babies need to die before this country trains its own people to fit gastric bands, empty spuetum pots and clean illyoptomy knickers?

For God's sake think about the humanity man....................

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The money they send home sustains their own economy, the country would be skint without it

I now understand that, but it begs the question how more develop countries cannot train the required number of nurses.

I am not sure if their employment drives down UK trained nurses wages, but I cannot see any obvious advantage (well I can actually) to the UK for cultivating an environment where we continually under train certain sectors of our NHS.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I dont think I am.

The poorest Filipinos have an infant mortality rate of 42 per 1,000 births, compared with 19 per 1,000 births among the rich, according to a concept paper presented at a UP forum on universal health care last year.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquir.../Health-care-beyond-reach-of-poor-say-critics

I suspect there wont be any change in attitude in the British public about this disgrace until we see the corpses of these dead babies splashed over the front pages and headlining our TV news.

How many more filipino babies need to die before this country trains its own people to fit gastric bands, empty spuetum pots and clean illyoptomy knickers?

For God's sake think about the humanity man....................

Yes I know that the Philippines is a poor country, but none of what you said contradicts my post - you're simply putting a spin on it to suit your agenda. The truth is that overseas Filipino workers account for 13.5% of that country's GDP.

Here is a cost-benefit analysis of the Philippine Labour Migration Policy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phili...licy#Cost-Benefit_Analysis_of_Labor_Migration

The idea and indeed the policy of promoting mass export of skills from that country is deliberate. Your bizarre pathological need to blame absolutely all of the world's ills on the EU is severely misplaced in this instance I'm afraid. Sorry to piss on your chips.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Why mention it at all then you plum!!. I wasn't expecting a reply nor did I want one. I was informing you of something , not entering into correspondence. Hope that's calmed you down a bit.

Why bother informing me of something. Was it because you were all for taking in refugees but when challenged admitted that you could not. Was it because you stated that you were going to help out refugees and were laying out plans to portray your self as the good Samaritan, but when challenged it was a money making business you denied it. Was it because you felt after stating many times that you would emigrate if the Tories got in and were adamant about it, you decided to go traveling instead, but 4 months after the election results, you are still here.
Now back to your PM, which in it you stated quote: "The business, and it is a business is basically a heritage skills centre" and quote: "Where the homeless side of it comes in is they will be given an opportunity to help build dwellings for themselves, trained at various job roles that need to be filled on site and train further if they wish. All fully paid etc."......so after your traveling you are going to invest in this " it is a business" and "fully pay" the homeless. Perhaps as you also stated quote: "
The land just takes ages to get fit for habitation/ clients. Time and money"....then with your "business" plans i would imagine you are going for funding using the homeless etc to get the "business" making a profit.
So fair play, enjoy your traveling and i expect you will keep a fair bit back as it will cost "money".

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Yes I know that the Philippines is a poor country, but none of what you said contradicts my post - you're simply putting a spin on it to suit your agenda. The truth is that overseas Filipino workers account for 13.5% of that country's GDP.

Here is a cost-benefit analysis of the Philippine Labour Migration Policy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phili...licy#Cost-Benefit_Analysis_of_Labor_Migration

The idea and indeed the policy of promoting mass export of skills from that country is deliberate. Your bizarre pathological need to blame absolutely all of the world's ills on the EU is severely misplaced in this instance I'm afraid. Sorry to piss on your chips.

Where have I mentioned the EU in this exchange?

In your link it continues into the disadvantages of this prevailing position so remmitance is not a one way street for the economic success and benefit of the Phillipines. This from the International Labour Organisation on Phillipine Health Workers:

"Massive health worker migration is due to a number of factors, among which the most important are: low salaries for health professionals in the Philippines, combined with a tremendous demand for health professionals abroad, especially for nurses and physical therapists.

This demand for labour in many developed countries has been exploited by labour recruitment agencies that charge fees for recruitment services to hospitals and other health institutions, as well as earn money from manning contracts.

The overall result is the rapid increase in the deployment of health professionals from developing countries that severely need health services, such as the Philippines and India, to man hospitals, nursing homes and similar institutions in the rich countries of the north – where they also sometimes work as domestic helpers or caregivers.

Health worker migration results in: a reduction of health manpower; a heavier workload for the remaining nurses; and a draining of skilled professionals from third world countries."

http://www.ilo.org/wcmsp5/groups/pu...-sector/documents/publication/wcms_161163.pdf

I will say it again.............."a draining of skilled professionals from third world countries"

No piss on my chips sunbeam.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Your bizarre pathological need to blame absolutely all of the world's ills on the EU is severely misplaced yet again I'm afraid. Sorry to piss on your chips.

I've corrected you

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Why bother informing me of something. Was it because you were all for taking in refugees but when challenged admitted that you could not. Was it because you stated that you were going to help out refugees and were laying out plans to portray your self as the good Samaritan, but when challenged it was a money making business you denied it. Was it because you felt after stating many times that you would emigrate if the Tories got in and were adamant about it, you decided to go traveling instead, but 4 months after the election results, you are still here.
Now back to your PM, which in it you stated quote: "The business, and it is a business is basically a heritage skills centre" and quote: "Where the homeless side of it comes in is they will be given an opportunity to help build dwellings for themselves, trained at various job roles that need to be filled on site and train further if they wish. All fully paid etc."......so after your traveling you are going to invest in this " it is a business" and "fully pay" the homeless. Perhaps as you also stated quote: "
The land just takes ages to get fit for habitation/ clients. Time and money"....then with your "business" plans i would imagine you are going for funding using the homeless etc to get the "business" making a profit.
So fair play, enjoy your traveling and i expect you will keep a fair bit back as it will cost "money".

Give it a rest mate. If you were I any way satisfied with your own life you wouldn't be so wound up about mine. Ever so sorry for PM ing you, didn't realise you were so sensitive. You e made your point, you think I'm full of shit. I'll live with it. Now do everyone a favour and pack it in. It's very annoying.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Give it a rest mate. If you were I any way satisfied with your own life you wouldn't be so wound up about mine. Ever so sorry for PM ing you, didn't realise you were so sensitive. You e made your point, you think I'm full of shit. I'll live with it. Now do everyone a favour and pack it in. It's very annoying.

I am not wound up...mate... i am not sensitive, like many just fed up with your Walter Mitty stories and holier than thou posts to try and curry flavour. I believe you did not post for a few days then tore into one of mine..just have a bit back and don't be so sensitive, it is very annoying i agree.
Yep, don't PM me to save embarrassment.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I am not wound up...mate... i am not sensitive, like many just fed up with your Walter Mitty stories and holier than thou posts to try and curry flavour. I believe you did not post for a few days then tore into one of mine..just have a bit back and don't be so sensitive, it is very annoying i agree.
If you really are that fed up then just pop me on ignore. Job done. Or just don't respond. Not that hard.
Shall we just leave it there now.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Like 'many' im tired of people posting 'news' from far right websites, but hey ho.

Well, if you meant my news, Dave, then I'm sorry, but I don't think any of them comes from a "far right website".

Of course, I agree that we need to help the refugees... in principle. However, and speaking as an ardent pro-refugee-accepting person myself, I need to point out that in a situation when 80% of the people flooding Europe these days do not even have basic documents, it is impossible to say who is a genuine refugee and who is an economic migrant, or even worse--an ISIS operative.

In such situation caution would be advised, and no premature decisions should be made as to the problem in question.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Have you listened to the video yet?

https://youtu.be/QZUuoaq1MLM

Firstly before watching this video, which if you watch to the end sees both guests giving a view, there is an update on a statement by Michelle Dewberry, which states "Ms. Dewberry has added that speaking on air, she meant to say that ISIS threatened to send 500,000 people with fighters in amongst them, rather than 500,000 ISIS fighters themselves".

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Its not, he's ruining you, its very entertaining. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here