Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Ill listen tonight then....I cant hear it here at work for some reason.

After watching that Sky video it puts into question other parts of his story. I am not claiming that the following is true, but it is certainly plausible;

"Aylan Kurdi’s family had FREE housing in Turkey.

Abdullah was never on that boat to watch his wife and children drown. That’s why he was the only survivor. The first time he learned of their death was from the hospital after the photos of his young son was circulating in the media.

This was an attempt to send his wife and children into Europe before his own arrival to apply for refugee status as a lone woman with children, while they never even lived in a war zone."

https://themuslimissue.wordpress.co...-turkey-while-fathers-story-is-full-of-holes/

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
We spend centuries invading countries and impressing upon them that the Brigish way of life is the best there is. Then we are surprised when they want to come here.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Well according to Al Jazeera a mother on the same dinghy as the child that was photod on the beach and lost two children herself, has spoken out. Apparently the father of the little boy was the smuggler who was taking the money from them all. The BBC were given access to the interview but refused.

Oh thank god the kid had a nasty father. For a moment I was thinking I was going to have to pity the drowned, dead 3 year old child washed up on the beach but now you've heard a rumour, I don't have to.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
What amazes me about this Al Jazeera story is they offered their story to another news organisation, the BBC specifically. Not entirely sure I believe that. I havnt seen anything on their online site about this.
If you can see it, please link me.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
What amazes me about this Al Jazeera story is they offered their story to another news organisation, the BBC specifically. Not entirely sure I believe that. I havnt seen anything on their online site about this.
If you can see it, please link me.

That's cos it's Bullshit.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
I don't think too many of us are surprised that refugees/migrants want to come here .

The issue is do we want or need them ?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Oh thank god the kid had a nasty father. For a moment I was thinking I was going to have to pity the drowned, dead 3 year old child washed up on the beach but now you've heard a rumour, I don't have to.

In the context of how it has been portrayed in the press it is very relevant and if as you say 'he had a nasty father' it might somehow placate the 'nasty Europeans' that were the original one that were to blame..

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I not sure that Al Jazeera is news/press organisation that we are talking about here. Sounds very unlikely to me. I may be wrong, but I find it amazing that they would comment on offering the interview to the BBC...why on earth would they be offering their news story, to another news organisation, the BBC specifically. Seems a bit iffy.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I not sure that Al Jazeera is news/press organisation that we are talking about here. Sounds very unlikely to me. I may be wrong, but I find it amazing that they would comment on offering the interview to the BBC...why on earth would they be offering their news story, to another news organisation, the BBC specifically. Seems a bit iffy.

That is not relevant, the story from his cousin is. Maybe come back to discuss this after you have listened to what she said.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I don't think too many of us are surprised that refugees/migrants want to come here .

The issue is do we want or need them ?

if they are coming here to settle in , work and get ahead then fair enough....if they have other agenda then they should be shot in the head.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
That is not relevant, the story from his cousin is. Maybe come back to discuss this after you have listened to what she said.

Yeah sure, later tonight, ill have a listen when I get home. You say its damning, ive no reason to disbelieve you, but I dont really believe that he moved his entire family to get his teeth fixed, leaving, im told, free housing in Turkey. It doesnt make a lot of sense at the moment to me.
I think it is relevant if I believe that people are spreading bullshit as fact. It is quite a big accusation, and ive not seen it anywhere else regarding the father being a people smuggler. Theres plenty of horror stories about current events, but if they are embellished, or just made up, it doesnt really help, and I suspect this story is 'made up' or from some rightwing blog. I cant imagine news organisations offering their stories to a specific news organisation, and announcing it on air.

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I think there is a fair bit of infrastructure the Germans need to develop following Merkel's generous offer to the Syrians.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/saud...es-in-germany-for-syrian-refugees-605755.html

I think this contribution by Saudi Arabia to help Germany out is wonderful and shows that international solidarity in the face of this catastrophe is still holding firm.

I'm sure teh German people will feel that way too.

saudi have a massive tent city which is empty for 10.5 months of the year .......refugees taken in by saudi.....0000, zilch, nada.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Fair enough. By the way, do not PM'S me again, I did not bother to answer because I am not interested in your claims.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Ah Soulman...

Tell me how this Al Jazeera report went down. Specifically how they offered the story (that isnt on their website) to the BBC and announced this fact on air?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Fair enough. By the way, do not PM'S me again, I did not bother to answer because I am not interested in your claims.

Why mention it at all then you plum!!. I wasn't expecting a reply nor did I want one. I was informing you of something , not entering into correspondence. Hope that's calmed you down a bit.

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Why mention it at all then you plum!!. I wasn't expecting a reply nor did I want one. I was informing you of something , not entering into correspondence. Hope that's calmed you down a bit.

Talking of calming down, have you decided which Country your heading for yet, genuine question?

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Situation is Switzerland--the Swiss: "they don't want to work, but prefer to live off state benefits--we have become their hostages". Another European country realising the truth about "refugees".

http://wpolityce.pl/swiat/264896-ni...-zyc-z-zasilkow-stalismy-sie-ich-zakladnikami

Il Messagero wrote in Ferbuary this year about the ISIS threat to send 500,000 immigrants to Europe with ISIS agents among their ranks to destabilise the EU, that's exactly what's happening now (overwhelming majority of "refugees" are young men in conscription age).

If my basic German is not failing me, one of the banners says "WE DON'T WANT TO STARVE IN SWITZERLAND"...

b400bd575b1ff0f39f37e093e0ca999a.jpg

... unbelievable.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Situation is Switzerland--the Swiss: "they don't want to work, but prefer to live off state benefits--we have become their hostages". Another European country realising the truth about "refugees".

http://wpolityce.pl/swiat/264896-ni...-zyc-z-zasilkow-stalismy-sie-ich-zakladnikami

Il Messagero wrote in Ferbuary this year about the ISIS threat to send 500,000 immigrants to Europe with ISIS agents among their ranks to destabilise the EU, that's exactly what's happening now (overwhelming majority of "refugees" are young men in conscription age).

If my basic German is not failing me, one of the banners says "WE DON'T WANT TO STARVE IN SWITZERLAND"...

b400bd575b1ff0f39f37e093e0ca999a.jpg

... unbelievable.

If my German is correct isnt it followed by

'we are people and want our rights' and 'Are foreigners not people'.

So although it was heart warming to see several hundred welcome the refugees, the next stage is the million or so in Europe will be demanded their rights, they will have an entourage of legal representation etc.

It will cost billions and inevitably as always there will be controversy when the German people either feel they are paying too much or the poorer Germans are not getting equitable support.

I genuinely fear problems with what the Germans have done with this open door policy, I hope I am wrong but a fear they have just visited 100's more ghettos on its cities and the current optimism wont last.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here