Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
so we really need to ask ourselves , seriously , what the **** is this all about.......really...??!! is this the start of payback from all the countries that were ever colonised....i await the input of the usual intellectual heavyweights to mince their way out of this one.

You have posted something with no context, no time-line, no background, with the headline about 'smashing up southern Italy'. Im not certain, but I think Southern Italy extends to more than one street.
What is this film about and when?
I could show you many films of English young men smashing up streets in other countries.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
The British government is doing the right thing in targeting resources at the refugee camps in Turkey and Jordan, where people are poorer than either those able to afford to buy train tickets to Budapest (and then to Germany) or those able to pay people-traffickers. When does someone cease to be a refugee and become an economic migrant? Ironically, when a Tory government helps people in the greatest need (those in refugee camps), rather than those who can afford to get themselves to Germany, they are accused of doing nothing. The British government has put more money into the refugee camps in Turkey and the Middle East than all other EU governments put together.

Hungary is adhering to the letter of EU law (the Dublin Convention of 1990) by insisting on processing and documenting people arriving there. However, the people arriving in Hungary (who have already passed through several other safe countries) wish to proceed to Germany. Angela Merkel is unilaterally flouting EU law, on this matter, yet she applies the law to the letter when it comes to measures that further depress the Greek economy.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Nice one. I saw this on FB yesterday.
A generous landlord is offering a home to an ex-soldier living on the streets after launching a heartwarming Facebook appeal.

Chris Foxall, 42, from Dudley, West Midlands, was moved by posts he had seen shared online about homeless veterans and said he wanted to make a difference.

When one of his rental properties became available last week he took the bold move of turning to social media to ask friends if they knew how he could help re-home someone.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...ering-homeless-ex-6402910?ICID=FB_mirror_main

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My Syrian lunch was very nice thank you. Didn't spot any refugees or terrorists though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 123

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I don't think so, one of the most grating aspects of Bellotti was his arrogance, and not least what many BHA felt about the direction of the club didn't matter. His comment about BHA fans to "stop whining" (after Bournemouth away I think) summed this up.

He knew best, we all just had to lump it.

Your comments that this country is rich is inaccurate and patronising for many millions of people who are evidently not as well off as you appear to be. I don't doubt that the poor in this country are not stricken as poor elsewhere but that is not the point.

This is the point, the people who will have to compete for resources with the newcomers are the poor, not the rich who couldn't care less about this reality. Or put another way, the poor and powerless in this country will just have to lump it because that's what some rich (and more powerful) people want.

Which does brings us back to Bellotti and his attitude.............

I never said 'stop whining'.

The analogy with Bellotti is pathetic and shows your ignornace in many ways. that is a diversion from the subject matter of this thread.

I guess it not as bad as using expletives at me again, which you didnt defend in your latest response.

By the way the goverment have subsequently done what i suggested. :)

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
if they are refugees they can be housed in tents untill they go back, somewhere spacey like The Highlands.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
My Syrian lunch was very nice thank you. Didn't spot any refugees or terrorists though.

Well i would assume that the Syrian restaurant you visited has not just sprung up in the last couple of days, so not surprising you did not spot anything untoward.
Anyway a few hundred are on their way back to Germany, so seeing as Angie just opened the floodgates a few more won't matter.

"

Denmark has sent back a first group of refugees who arrived from Germany, Danish police said Tuesday, with others expected to follow.

"These are people who do not want to seek asylum (in Denmark) and are therefore here illegally. They have been deported and barred from re-entering the country for two years," police in southern Denmark said in a statement.

"This first group was a score of people. More will follow after their cases are processed," the statement said, adding that they were sent back by bus.

More than 800 refugees have arrived in Denmark since Sunday, according to Danish officials.
http://www.france24.com/en/20150908...ref=partage_user&aef_campaign_date=2015-09-08

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Fair play to Saudi Arabia!

Saudi Arabia: we won't accept any refugees but we can build 200 mosques in Germany.

Saudia Arabia refused to accept any Syrian refugees but offered to build 200 mosques in Germany to provide places to pray for the immigrants .

http://natemat.pl/154099,arabia-sau...ale-mozemy-wybudowac-200-meczetow-w-niemczech

http://www.huffingtonpost.de/2015/09/08/saudi-arabien-moscheen-deutschland_n_8101880.html

Wow! 200 mosques--that's really generous of Saudi Arabia!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
that snack could have it's origins in any number of middle-eastern countries.....are you sure it's syrian...??? :wink:

I'm no expert on middle-east cuisine but it's a Syrianische küche so I take their word for it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Bored of it all now, social media has got really dull and over run with desperate hipsters striving to prove they are compassionate people but I guarantee 80% or them have not and have no intention of donating or helping out. Brighton's trendiest are setting up benefit evenings left right and centre to jump on the bandwagon, burlesque evenings getting on board for goodness sakes. Basically stripping for chubby goths.
All very last week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here