Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Maybe, but more interesting that after months of banging on about the poorly paid, homeless, no affordable housing etc Here.... We now see these people bending over backwards to donate and home those that have come from miles away.

Aaaaah but there different degrees of compassion, its a little like playing top trumps, if you get the refugee card you can become a humanitarian, its a bit like getting xylophone at scrabble.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I googled the story behind the video as well, there is no definitive proof that either version is true , i know which i believe , and i'm pretty sure i know what you do too.

I believe the person who filmed it, and the Red Cross on the scene who confirmed it.. You can believe who you like to fit whatever agenda you want.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
By the way, it looks like UK government authorised targeted airstrike in Syria...

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...elp-create-safe-havens-in-syria-politics-live

... and now France considers doing the same...

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/07/france-considers-air-strikes-syria-islamic-state

I think it's a rather splendid idea--let's bomb them into democracy! Those people have always had tyrants, kings, sultans, caliphs etc. so we have to teach them that it's wrong--with every falling bomb their love of democracy will undoubtedly grow, and the stream of refugees will decrease. Whenever I doubt that Europe is ruled by geniuses, something like this happens and restores my faith in the genius of our political elites.

Whilst we are now the best of friends and probably share polish heritage, I think you are somewhat sweeping in your assessment. The Syrians are not being bombed into democracy, but a couple of terrorists, not of Syrian nationality, who had been planning terrorist outrages in Britain.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I believe the person who filmed it, and the Red Cross on the scene who confirmed it.. You can believe who you like to fit whatever agenda you want.
ok then, fair enough ,post a link to your source , all ive seen are some vague claims about the red cross, , post a reputable source and i'll believe you, honestly.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Whilst we are now the best of friends and probably share polish heritage, I think you are somewhat sweeping in your assessment. The Syrians are not being bombed into democracy, but a couple of terrorists, not of Syrian nationality, who had been planning terrorist outrages in Britain.

Oh, that's all right then--must have misunderstood something (happens to me all the time). Cheers.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
1) The UK is the 11th largest land mass in Europe.
2) The UK is the second most urbanized country in Europe.
3) 81.5% of our resident population live in urban areas
4) 9.1% of our population live in rural towns and ' fringe areas '
5) 10% of our land mass is urban.
........and therein lies the problem...ever increasing density in urban and fringe areas.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Genuine question, what a Czech Republic doing about the refugee crisis?

Busy writing numbers on refugees arms in Breclav.
Some camps are open and people being taken in .

Seems like some troop movements going on, and troops moving to new bases, so im guessing the old bases are being used for refugees.

Jul 21, 2015
African migrants destroy southern Italy. Why are they acting like this for, they flee Africa for a better life then act like savages in a country that is welcoming.

[yt]fX73ggsMNEI[/yt]

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
1) The UK is the 11th largest land mass in Europe.
2) The UK is the second most urbanized country in Europe.
3) 81.5% of our resident population live in urban areas
4) 9.1% of our population live in rural towns and ' fringe areas '
5) 10% of our land mass is urban.
........and therein lies the problem...ever increasing density in urban and fringe areas.

To put the land mass to population in context with a handful of selected countries it is as listed;

Saudi Arabia
Size: 2.15 million km²
Population: 28.8 million

Iran
Size: 1.648 million km²
Population: 77.4 million

Turkey
Size: 783,562 km²
Population: 75.8 million

France
Size: 640,679 km²
Population: 64.6 million

Spain
Size: 504,645 km²
Population: 47 million

Germany
Size: 357,168 km²
Population: 82.6 million

Italy
Size: 301,338 km²
Population: 61 million

Greece
Size: 131,957 km²
Population: 11.1 million

England
Size: 130,395 km²
Population: 63.5 million

Bulgaria
Size: 110,994 km²
Population: 7.2 million

Hungary
Size: 93,030 km²
Population: 10 million

Austria
Size: 83,855 km²
Population: 8.6 million

Macedonia
Size: 25,713 km²
Population: 2 million

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
African migrants destroy southern Italy. Why are they acting like this for, they flee Africa for a better life then act like savages in a country that is welcoming.

[yt]fX73ggsMNEI[/yt]
so we really need to ask ourselves , seriously , what the **** is this all about.......really...??!! is this the start of payback from all the countries that were ever colonised....i await the input of the usual intellectual heavyweights to mince their way out of this one.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
From that crappy footage I make out that it appears to be some African folks smashing some stuff up. For this reason we shouldn't let orphaned children into the UK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here