Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Jesus wept youre actually serious ?? if it was that '' safe ,dry and as warm as can be'' , they'd stay there themselves , they obviously arent in a life or death situation, if it wasnt , they'd take their wife and kids with them.

You're seriously suggesting these men are just selfishly abandoning their wives and children to go on UK benefits?
These people aren't that different to you or I. They are humans who think the same way we do, feel the same way we do, love their families the same way we do. They're not a different species, they have the same emotions and connections to their loved ones as we do. They no more like leaving their families behind than you would. They do it because it gives them the best chance for their families to eventually be safe.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Jesus wept youre actually serious ?? if it was that '' safe ,dry and as warm as can be'' , they'd stay there themselves , they obviously arent in a life or death situation, if it wasnt , they'd take their wife and kids with them.

You really are a bit dense sometimes.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
One photo can be made to appear that way, but having watched the news in the last few days, there are many many women, and children at Budapest station.

while i agree a picture can include and exclude what you want, it has been conspicous from many images across many news outlets that there's an awful lot of young men trying to get on the trains at Budapest. the TV pictures try to show more women and children but again notably individuals rather than as part of large hetergenous crowd. we need to start being more honest about this, after travelling through half a dozen countries, those migrants at Budapest are economic migrants, no longer refugees. they have had several opportunities to make asylum claims along the way. as one put it "here (Hungary) there is nothing, in Germany it is good.".

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Jeeeeez in what way, it means very little it is nonsensical ....

I really don't think it needs any explaining. I am sure you can think back to some things that were popular and at the same time wrong.

I'll start you off

Nazism
Slavery
Religion
Pop Idol

Pork Knuckle Pete

at the meat party
Nov 1, 2010
My point still stands , a few do gooders is not representative of the general consensus of the population.

What should the reaction be? Complain that the world is moving, my city is changing and flee to the nearest German equivalent of Haywards Heath?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
while i agree a picture can include and exclude what you want, it has been conspicous from many images across many news outlets that there's an awful lot of young men trying to get on the trains at Budapest. the TV pictures try to show more women and children but again notably individuals rather than as part of large hetergenous crowd. we need to start being more honest about this, after travelling through half a dozen countries, those migrants at Budapest are economic migrants, no longer refugees. they have had several opportunities to make asylum claims along the way. as one put it "here (Hungary) there is nothing, in Germany it is good.".

The little boy that drowned already had a sister in Canada.

(From the BBC website)
Turkish news agency Dogan said he and the rest of the group were Syrians from the besieged town of Kobane who had fled to Turkey last year to escape advancing militants from the Islamic State (IS) group.
Turkish media describe relatives breaking down as they identified the bodies.
The pictured boy is reported to be three-year-old Aylan, who drowned along with his five-year-old brother Galip and their mother, Rihan. Their father, Abdullah Kurdi, survived.
He and his family reportedly sought asylum in Canada before attempting the journey - but their refugee application was turned down.
Teema Kurdi, Abdullah's sister who lives in Vancouver, told Canada's National Post newspaper that she had been trying to help them leave the Middle East.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I really don't think it needs any explaining. I am sure you can think back to some things that were popular and at the same time wrong.

I'll start you off

Nazism
Slavery
Religion
Pop Idol

My god, do I really need to counter your irrelevant list with the opposites ........

D

Deleted member 22389

I'm still waiting for a video that asks the questions, why England. I'm talking about the people at Calais.
They could probably claim Asylum in France today, but they don't want too. They would rather live in poor conditions, freezing cold temperatures for months on end and take the chance every night. When did France turn in to such a bad country?

Pork Knuckle Pete

at the meat party
Nov 1, 2010

Have you every experienced a flight cancellation? Whilst the flight is mixed you'll generally see the younger males kicking up a fuss at the front. This is not because there were only young males on the flight.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
"These IS extremists must be stopped. They cannot go on killing innocent people. They are savages and the people must be helped"

I'm glad you feel that way because the innocent victims are coming here for help.

"Here? Absolutely not, no way".

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
My god, do I really need to counter your irrelevant list with the opposites ........

The quote says 'is not always' which means that your list of opposites would not prove it wrong.

Are you seriously suggesting that this quote is incorrect and in fact everything that is popular is right?

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
This is far too simplistic, as you well know. Of course these people need help, and I have said several times, that Europe will probably will take the ones we have now, as there is little alternative. People are not making excuses to make themselves better; they are simply being rather more realistic than you. The comparison with your granddad is utterly irrelevant - so did my dad in the Desert War against Rommel (can't mention my mum -she always said that she was on the other side!) -what possible use is this to the present debate.
The fact is that for most folk in the UK, the future of mass immigration is worrying. Though it is swept under the carpet, there is a gradual simmering of, if not discontent, certainly an element of "separateness" Having even more will only increase this divide. Muslim extremism is slowly growing and it is clear that racial discrimination is not a thing of the past, though perhaps thankfully not as naked as say 50 years ago. The country will inevitably find it harder to cope, infrastructure-wise, and the millions of immigrants here will not find it easy to fulfil their dream, thus increasing their frustrations and consequent suspicions that they are second class citizens. Precisely this was mooted as one of the reasons for the radicalisation of the two fanatics who murdered the publishers in France. For the record, yes, Europe will take the numbers we have in the continent, but after that a clear and unequivocal message is sent that the military will step in, and return all immigrants. There will be heart-rending scenes, certainly initially, but if the message gets through, then hopefully the boats will not set sail nearly to the same extent. Sad, but would you bet against it. People going to Munich station to hand out blankets are not going to want to take blankets every year for the next 20 years, say, once the novelty wears off and the likelihood of civil strife increases, if it had not already been evident.

This has to stop, if by force, then need be. Perhaps your grandchildren, watching scenes of disorder in European cities, might ask why you let such numbers in when you had been warned.
Exactly.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm still waiting for a video that asks the questions, why England. I'm talking about the people at Calais.
They could probably claim Asylum in France today, but they don't want too. They would rather live in poor conditions, freezing cold temperatures for months on end and take the chance every night. When did France turn in to such a bad country?

France already has more asylum seekers than Britain. Some of the 3000 already have relatives here (or in Canada as my previous post) If you can speak English, then Britain is more likely to have work.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/da...-eu-countries-receive-the-most-asylum-seekers

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Why cannot NATO, China, Russia and Iran join forces to wipe Islamic State off the face of the earth?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
this is very much a 21st century type of problem , never seen before on this scale.......can't help thinking that this is more financial chicanery by isis.......driving millions of refugees towards europe from the middle east and north africa , they are systematically draining the finances of europe and for this reason alone they must be met on the ground and removed from the face of the planet , the major problem that will arise is that as the quelling of this arab spring becomes more apparent , the arab/muslim communities within europe will become active from within , i have just returned from indonesia , they are muslim , they dont have all the hang ups that the arabs have.......this is not a muslim problem , it is an arab issue. my opinion of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here