Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I can't speak for everyone but what I can say is there is a very clear, very obvious, very visible and very tangible offering from people in Berlin.
You live in the biggest turkish/muslim area in Berlin as youve gone to great pains to point out previously, of course it will be like that there and amongst the do gooders, you can bet your life its not the same in the rest of the city or germany.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I have spoken to a number of Asylum Seekers who decided to leave their country without their wives and children. This was partly because the journey was so dangerous and if they were caught trying to flee they would have been killed and partly for economic reasons as their journey by boat was so expensive that it was only an option for one family member to go. The idea was that once they found somewhere safe to settle they would be able to bring their family over at a later date. One fella had been out of detention for 6 months or so (after being locked up for two years) and was struggling to locate his wife and kids. As I understand it these types of scenarios are pretty common.
You actually swallow laughable crap like this ?? Someone fleeing a life or death situation is prepared to leave his wife and kids and '' bring their family over at a later date '' gullible is an understatement.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I can't speak for everyone but what I can say is there is a very clear, very obvious, very visible and very tangible offering from people in Berlin.

There are many people in many different countries who want to address this problem. It always warms my heart to see how many people turn out for marches in Melboure such as this.

https://www.facebook.com/racvic/photos/gm.1485899635044162/1234571273236029/?type=1&theater

15,000 estimated at the last one

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/t...t-asylum-seeker-policies-20150329-1ma9vc.html

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You live in the biggest turkish/muslim area in Berlin as youve gone to great pains to point out previously, of course it will be like that there and amongst the do gooders, you can bet your life its not the same in the rest of the city or germany.

Post 636 is from the Independent describing Munich.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A lot of them can speak English which makes it easier to find jobs in both countries. Also Germany & England grant more asylum than other countries.

I have spoken to a number of Asylum Seekers who decided to leave their country without their wives and children. This was partly because the journey was so dangerous and if they were caught trying to flee they would have been killed and partly for economic reasons as their journey by boat was so expensive that it was only an option for one family member to go. The idea was that once they found somewhere safe to settle they would be able to bring their family over at a later date. One fella had been out of detention for 6 months or so (after being locked up for two years) and was struggling to locate his wife and kids. As I understand it these types of scenarios are pretty common.

Very much more reasonable and understandable scenarios I think than others being painted. If I was with my family, I'd have the wife and kids sat somewhere as safe, dry and warm as can be while I went off to find out what was going on, what I could get etc. hence you will see lots of men together.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

So, according to you if someone doesn't live near migrants they aren't qualified to have an opinion and if they do they are just do-gooders. This is not meant as a bait, but seriously, it's not a very helpful attitude.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Or they will ask you, quite simply, why didn't you do anything to help grandad? Why could you not see the difference between an economic migrant and a refugee? I know how I look on my grandad on such matters, and it mainly borders on mainly making excuses for 'his generation' or general disgust at his ingrained prejudices. I sincerely hope my children's kids don't view me the same way.

Perhaps because migrants would do their utmost to blur the distinction. If you were granted asylum because you were a refugee, and sent home as you were simply an economic migrant, what would you choose to be? I see what you are saying about grandparents, by the way, but they were brought up at a different time, and their prejudices reflect that. Yes, my grand-dad's insistence that he would not "foreign muck" seems outdated and absurd now, but not during his childhood. My mate's grand-dad was told to write in his book at school "an Englishman is worth ten Frenchman" or whatever the actual number was!

Pork Knuckle Pete

at the meat party
Nov 1, 2010

I will bet my life. This is a huge issue in Germany, huge. It's the talking point in most conversations. The response is similar across the city from the more white areas to the less so. It is also the same in Munich; here there are areas where items for refugees can be deposited and it's piling up. As I mentioned the wife's city centre school is very active.

Despite living in HH you claim to be the authority on London, now your giving me a lecture on what's happening in my county, and on my door step.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You actually swallow laughable crap like this ?? Someone fleeing a life or death situation is prepared to leave his wife and kids and '' bring their family over at a later date '' gullible is an understatement.

I made up my mind after talking with them and listening to their stories. You have made up yours with no contact or knowledge of them and no understanding of the situations they were in.

I will stick with my conclusions I think :thumbsup:

If you can't see the logic in their stories then I think you are trying hard not to.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
My point still stands , a few do gooders is not representative of the general consensus of the population.

the general consensus of the population means little if they are wrong.

Wasn't it Einstein who said What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Very much more reasonable and understandable scenarios I think than others being painted. If I was with my family, I'd have the wife and kids sat somewhere as safe, dry and warm as can be while I went off to find out what was going on, what I could get etc. hence you will see lots of men together.
Jesus wept youre actually serious ?? if it was that '' safe ,dry and as warm as can be'' , they'd stay there themselves , they obviously arent in a life or death situation, if it wasnt , they'd take their wife and kids with them.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The intended destination of the migrants – all of them, including those at Calais – suggests that they are not simply asylum-seekers. They do not want sanctuary in the EU per se. They want sanctuary in the rich parts of the EU. That makes them economic migrants, not asylum-seekers.

Why is the UK being singled out for criticism, when countries like Slovakia, Poland and Hungary have said that they will not take any Muslim migrants and/or asylum-seekers? Imagine the outcry if David Cameron had spoken in such terms.

How do we know that there are not Islamic State (IS) militants hiding among the exodus from the Middle East? In any case, for IS, hundreds of thousands of Muslim refugees infiltrating Europe is an agreeable by-product of their campaign of destruction in Iraq and Syria. Conquest is on IS’s agenda and overwhelming Europe with Muslim people is part of their strategy to achieve it.
Sensible post.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
If you applied for asylum in Hungary, they said no, and then shipped you back to Syria, where would you apply?

If I was fleeing from imminent death and deprivation I would catch my breathe before catching the gravy train to Berlin.

I do not blame them, they are just acting like European economic migrants and not refugees.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I will bet my life. This is a huge issue in Germany, huge. It's the talking point in most conversations. The response is similar across the city from the more white areas to the less so. It is also the same in Munich; here there are areas where items for refugees can be deposited and it's piling up. As I mentioned the wife's city centre school is very active.

Despite living in HH you claim to be the authority on London, now your giving me a lecture on what's happening in my county, and on my door step.
I'll take Hastings Gulls opinion over yours .

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
the general consensus of the population means little if they are wrong.

Wasn't it Einstein who said What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.?

Many a dictator and failed politician has dined out on that one ...............................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here