Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

Jan 30, 2008
You can ask for somewhere to live, a cash allowance or both as an asylum seeker.

Housing

You’ll be given somewhere to live if you need it. This could be in a flat, house, hostel or bed and breakfast.

You can’t choose where you live. It’s unlikely you’ll get to live in London or south-east England.

Cash support

You’ll be able to collect money from a local post office each week. This will help you pay for things you need like food, clothing and toiletries.

You’ll get £36.95 for each person in your household.

If you’ve been refused asylum

You’ll be given:

somewhere to live
£35.39 per person on a payment card for food, clothing and toiletries

You won’t be given:

the payment card if you don’t take the offer of somewhere to live
any money

Extra money for mothers and young children

You’ll get extra money to buy healthy food if you’re pregnant or a mother of a child under 3. The amount you get will depend on your situation.
Your situation Extra payment per week
Pregnant mother £3
Baby under 1 year old £5
Child aged 1 to 3 £3
Maternity payment

You can apply for a one-off £300 maternity payment if your baby is due in 8 weeks or less, or if your baby is under 6 weeks old.
If you’ve been refused asylum

You can apply for a one-off £250 maternity payment if your baby is due in 8 weeks or less or if you baby is under 6 weeks old.
Applying for the maternity grant

You apply for the maternity grant in the same way whether you’re still an asylum seeker or you’ve been refused asylum.

You’ll need to request form MAT B1 from your doctor to apply for the payment. You can apply for the maternity payment at the same time you apply for asylum support.

If you get pregnant after you’ve applied for asylum support, you can apply to the support team that dealt with your application for asylum support.
Healthcare

You may get free National Health Service (NHS) healthcare, eg to see a doctor or get hospital treatment.

You’ll also get:

free prescriptions for medicine
free dental care for your teeth
free eyesight tests
help paying for glasses

Education

Your children must attend school if they are aged 5 to 17. All state schools are free and your children may be able to get free school meals.

https://www.gov.uk/asylum-support/what-youll-get
WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY !!!!
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
With my eyes? Look at the population distribution. It is not exactly spread about is it! The transport systems are old and designed for lower volumes of passengers. Even the london airports are spread out and in need of expansion.
It seems almost nothing was built with the aim of still being useful in 50 or 100 years time.
did they know there was going to be an explosion of people entering this country then, why isn't it spread out , give it up you goon where have you been to see these empty spaces PEAK DISTRICT, YORKSHIRE DALES , LANCASHIRE MOORS, HIGHLANDS, SOMERSET LEVELS, BODMIN MOOR to name a few :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
regards
DR

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
With my eyes? Look at the population distribution. It is not exactly spread about is it! The transport systems are old and designed for lower volumes of passengers. Even the london airports are spread out and in need of expansion.
It seems almost nothing was built with the aim of still being useful in 50 or 100 years time.

you're quite right, alot of problems here stem from the imbalance of the country. except the last point. the problem is that everything was built to last 100 years, and already has done. we forget how old some of our infrastructure is, parts of the underground are over 150 year old, the railways are a few decades older than that. its all stood up very well, except now the demands on alot of it doesnt allow for maintenance windows, and its showing its age.

problem is nowadays people think in very short term, 1-5years tops, and about what impacts ourselfs. if we had a bit of brighter and forsighted politicans and public, we might be able to build out a few new towns, with new infrastructure to boot, without everyone from the regency society to the newt presavation society blocking any development. only 9% of the country is developed and that includes all parks, recreation facilities etc. so increasing all development by 10% would consume 1% of the available land, quite doable if only we had the will.

Jan 30, 2008
you're quite right, alot of problems here stem from the imbalance of the country. except the last point. the problem is that everything was built to last 100 years, and already has done. we forget how old some of our infrastructure is, parts of the underground are over 150 year old, the railways are a few decades older than that. its all stood up very well, except now the demands on alot of it doesnt allow for maintenance windows, and its showing its age.

problem is nowadays people think in very short term, 1-5years tops, and about what impacts ourselfs. if we had a bit of brighter and forsighted politicans and public, we might be able to build out a few new towns, with new infrastructure to boot, without everyone from the regency society to the newt presavation society blocking any development. only 9% of the country is developed and that includes all parks, recreation facilities etc. so increasing all development by 10% would consume 1% of the available land, quite doable if only we had the will.
WHY SHOULD WE ? JUST SHIFT A FEW OUT AND MAKE LIFE A BIT MORE BEARABLE :thumbsup:
regards
DR

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
only 9% of the country is developed ...

Actually, according to this report in 2012, only about 2.27% of the country is built on. It may have gone up a bit in the last few years ... but not by very much. But you rightly point out that the real problem we have in this country is the number of NIMBYs - we could easily cope with a couple million more immigrants if we didn't have these

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
WHY SHOULD WE ? JUST SHIFT A FEW OUT AND MAKE LIFE A BIT MORE BEARABLE :thumbsup:
regards
DR

I'd rather have the migrants over here, many of whom keep important public services like the NHS actually functioning, as opposed to the large number of layabout British people who would rather take a hand out from the state than actually get off their useless backsides and actually do something productive.

How about we shift a few of them out instead and make life a bit more bearable?

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I remain convinced that Western countries have a death-wish. Enoch Powell spoke about Britain building its own funeral pyre. For “Britain” read “the West”.

Western countries are run by deracinated metropolitan cosmopolites who care little or nothing for the indigenous people and their concerns.

My principal objection to post-war immigration to Britain is that it was imposed on a population that never asked to live in a multi-racial society. Then the commissars of multiculturalism – the Thought Police – polluted people’s minds with political correctness, so that now one can’t say “suntan” without causing offence.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Lots of people getting excited by our our new signings and potential new signings. Lots of Johnny Foriegners in there though, must be painstaking for many on here

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Lots of people getting excited by our our new signings and potential new signings. Lots of Johnny Foriegners in there though, must be painstaking for many on here

Nothing wrong with skilled tradesmen if they are needed, and like the Aussie system they have a job in place.......nice try no cigar....the Wonder Of You eh :)

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Nothing wrong with skilled tradesmen if they are needed, and like the Aussie system they have a job in place.......nice try no cigar....the Wonder Of You eh :)

:)

Lots of English people can play a good game. They are coming in at a lower transfer fee and lower wage.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
I'd rather have the migrants over here, many of whom keep important public services like the NHS actually functioning, as opposed to the large number of layabout British people who would rather take a hand out from the state than actually get off their useless backsides and actually do something productive.

Spewing out the same old lefty brainwashed nonsense I've read 100 times before......well done

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I suppose he's also traveled across many borders before entering illegally eh..........jeez, keep scraping.

Didnt realise it was only illegal immigrants that was the issue. In that sense the UK does well, given its an island. Still not been convinced by you why football is different :(

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Didnt realise it was only illegal immigrants that was the issue. In that sense the UK does well, given its an island. Still not been convinced by you why football is different :(

Never mind eh, i have never stated that "football is different", i have never stated that "it was only illegal immigrants that was the issue"........not sure you have really read what i have actually stated. Still if it suits you to insert what you surmise that i have written then crack on.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Never mind eh, i have never stated that "football is different", i have never stated that "it was only illegal immigrants that was the issue"........not sure you have really read what i have actually stated. Still if it suits you to insert what you surmise that i have written then crack on.

Not trying to misqoute. Agree you never said football is different but i thoguht you implied it. My bad. But you did allide to footballers bot being illegal which is why i said that. But no problems, am off for a quick shandy

Jan 30, 2008

that old chestnut, i wouldn't deny there's lay about's not wanting to lift a finger but what about the 1 million? illegals cheating this country, send them packing!!!!
regards
DR

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
the fact that it's become such an issue suggests there's a problem

**** 'em all off out of it,then,if it's better,all's Ok,if not let in who we actually need

look at Malmo,that will be most big towns & cities in the UK Inside 100 years

Ok everyone on here will be dead so why give a shit,I think is the general attitude on here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here