Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well there you have it, British nationals in prison have risen just under 10,000 in ten years so take off the 10,000+ foreigners as you stated and we are back to the British nationals figure of 2004 when we did not need more prisons.

Not that simple though is it. There were nearly 9000 foreigners in prison in 2004. You would have needed to deport all of them for your maths to work.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Our property in Luton was sold to migrants, same as the one next door because we both left the area at the same time. There was a demand for housing then and that was 3 years ago.
When I was living in Luton most of the properties where sold to either Asians, Africans or Eastern Europeans.

I didn't ask who you sold it to. I asked why is property cheaper in those towns than Portslade or Hassocks when we're always told that people living in the latter areas "don't know what immigration's like"?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
In the ten years between 2004 and 2014 there had been an increase in British Nationals in prison from 64,379 to 73,999. The increase in foreigners in the same period was 8,942 to 10,834. I don't think they wouldn't have been needed.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/.../prison-population-2014.xls

Funnily enough one of my best mates is an Estate Agent in a rural part of Sussex and another is an estate agent in an area that covers West Hove. Portslade and Southwick. It's been pretty well determined on here that these areas do not have an immigration problem - just ask Bushy - and yet property is going through the roof. The current issue in both areas IS lack of supply but not due to immigration. It's due to people not putting property on the market.Property prices in areas with high immigration meanwhile - let's take Luton, High Wycombe and Crawley as examples - are much lower. How do you explain that? And if we're flooded with cheap labour why isn't that cheap labour building cheap houses? What's it doing?
people sell house in london for lots of money>move to portslade/west hove/southwick and buy property outright or much bigger one for less money, thus driving up prices , quite simple really, also property prices in whitehawk and moulsecoombe are much lower than the areas you specify, they also dont have high levels of immigration, they are cheaper because its less desirable , simple again, as for your infantile question ''And if we're flooded with cheap labour why isn't that cheap labour building cheap houses? What's it doing?'' does your grasp of the situation really not extend to understanding that the fruits of cheap labour will end up in the pockets of developers rather than be passed on to the buyer , really ??

D

Deleted member 22389

I didn't ask who you sold it to. I asked why is property cheaper in those towns than Portslade or Hassocks when we're always told that people living in the latter areas "don't know what immigration's like"?

Well if you had a choice of living of say living in Luton or Newhaven which one would you pick?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
In the ten years between 2004 and 2014 there had been an increase in British Nationals in prison from 64,379 to 73,999. The increase in foreigners in the same period was 8,942 to 10,834. I don't think they wouldn't have been needed.

Funnily enough one of my best mates is an Estate Agent in a rural part of Sussex and another is an estate agent in an area that covers West Hove. Portslade and Southwick. It's been pretty well determined on here that these areas do not have an immigration problem - just ask Bushy - and yet property is going through the roof. The current issue in both areas IS lack of supply but not due to immigration. It's due to people not putting property on the market.Property prices in areas with high immigration meanwhile - let's take Luton, High Wycombe and Crawley as examples - are much lower. How do you explain that? And if we're flooded with cheap labour why isn't that cheap labour building cheap houses? What's it doing?
Funnily enough my youngest works at an Estate agents (unfortunately ) so I do know a bit about who is renting and buying etc. So when you walk around Worthing places like Lidl and Morrisons etc and the centre, and you hear the foreign languages, where are all these people housed? Surely they are living in properties and without mass immigration these properties could go to our people looking. No shortage, rents could be easier with more to choose from and property prices may fall a bit.

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
Well if you had a choice of living of say living in Luton or Newhaven which one would you pick?

Harpenden, about 5 miles or so from Luton, where Eric Morecambe lived is one of the most sought after expensive places in the country to live. Luton, by contrast is one of the cheapest places to live in the south. Harpenden won't ever sink and Luton probably won't gentrify for a few decades. Newhaven is probably a safer bet and it's got the sea but then Luton is much handier for London etc.

D

Deleted member 22389

Harpenden, about 5 miles or so from Luton, where Eric Morecambe lived is one of the most sought after expensive places in the country to live. Luton, by contrast is one of the cheapest places to live in the south. Harpenden won't ever sink and Luton probably won't gentrify for a few decades. Newhaven is probably a safer bet and it's got the sea but then Luton is much handier for London etc.

Only 25 mins by Train to London as you know. Back in Sussex now where I belong.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Well there you have it, British nationals in prison have risen just under 10,000 in ten years so take off the 10,000+ foreigners as you stated and we are back to the British nationals figure of 2004 when we did not need more prisons.

we have always needed more prisons, most of the ones I done detatched duty in were overcrowded,we have not built a large prison for years.
daves Idea to educate those before release is a fantastic idea as long as he has (proper) jobs for them on release

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

Yeah , but just think of the benefit building and running more prisons to hold foreign nationals would bring to the the UK economy .
Best argument I can come up with to promote further non vetted mass migration I'm afraid .

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009

How many of that increase in British nationals going to prison are new British citizens?

Since 2000 there has been over 2m British passports given away to foreigners..............which takes them off the immigrant balance sheet and puts them on the British national balance sheet.

Unless we know this information we will not know if that increase is home grown or not?

Which is no doubt the point of giving so many passports away in the first place.

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
How many of that increase in British nationals going to prison are new British citizens?

Since 2000 there has been over 2m British passports given away to foreigners..............which takes them off the immigrant balance sheet and puts them on the British national balance sheet.

Unless we know this information we will not know if that increase is home grown or not?

Which is no doubt the point of giving so many passports away in the first place.

High Wycombe is probably more expensive than Luton and possibly even Crawley. OK it's not exactly out in the sticks but is a reasonable distance from London. Don't expect much change from 350k for an average house

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We really should rename this thread "Stuff we can Blame on Immigration (while ignoring other contributing factors)."

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Or we could rename it "UK migration views from 15000 miles away"

"Immigration discussion - but we don't want input from any actual immigrants" ??

or

"UK migration and its adverse effects on picturesque sussex villages" ??

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
"Immigration discussion - but we don't want input from any actual immigrants" ??

or

"UK migration and its adverse effects on picturesque sussex villages" ??

What a strange title, your first one, as input from immigrants would be an interesting development, and given the funny names that people give themselves, how would you know that it hasn't actually happened.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What a strange title, your first one, as input from immigrants would be an interesting development, and given the funny names that people give themselves, how would you know that it hasn't actually happened.

It has. :facepalm:

That is why I made the point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here