Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Eureka, by god i think you've got it.
This is why many are not happy, this is why many say that there is too much immigration, this is why many are called racist/little Englanders etc, when all is needed is CONTROLLED immigration, this is why many think getting out of the EU is the way forward, why UKIP are popular.....because the "decisions" are not being made or facilitated, "decisions" that many want.

Badfish is just gloating and trolling. If you go through his back posts you will find hes been told all this countless times, he contributes nothing but insults and snide remarks.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
but not enough water.

Of course you CAN. If your government started to make decisions to facilitate it.

i think youve cracked it fish

If the Aussie gov can crack on and build a few hundred Desalination plants and a few hundred power plants to power them,you could take in a few million refugees.

dont worry about the irrigation system,or the roads,housing,schools or hospitals.Im sure you wont mind muddling through stoney broke for a few decades.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Absolutely non of the EU migrants, dont tell me you dont know this .........

My previous posts will tell you that i do know this. I am just wondering what percentage of the net migration figures are non controlled (EU) and what is controlled.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
i think youve cracked it fish

If the Aussie gov can crack on and build a few hundred Desalination plants and a few hundred power plants to power them,you could take in a few million refugees.

dont worry about the irrigation system,or the roads,housing,schools or hospitals.Im sure you wont mind muddling through stoney broke for a few decades.

Would be happy to, makes perfect sense to me, they could help build the schools, hospitals and houses. I don't see any reason why it would make us stony broke though (although i think it would be a little short sighted to limit the migrants to Asylum Seekers).

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Would be happy to, makes perfect sense to me, they could help build the schools, hospitals and houses. I don't see any reason why it would make us stony broke though (although i think it would be a little short sighted to limit the migrants to Asylum Seekers).

feel free to crack on then,you have more than enough free space to concrete over

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
So if your government focused on solving the problems caused by overcrowding and pressure on infrastructure you would have no problem with migrants?

To solve the problem of overcrowding, the amount of immigration must be kept in line with the amount of emigration, in other words you can not keep having the population getting larger in a country that is a certain size. The roads are packed, takes ages to go short distances, ages to go long distances, most pray for no accidents to avoid a 12 mile tailback like there was on the M25 this morning, a seat on a train would be nice, somewhere to park when you go out, not waiting weeks/months for a hospital appointment etc.
There is only so much building that can be done, less space, more people, where will it end.
In short i believe this country has enough people living in it, just compare the population with bigger countries like France.
Controlled immigration, bit like Dicks Bar when full, one in one out......not full to the gunnels so no one gets served and you can't move.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

So who pays for all the materials for these projects, who pays the workers........have you any idea how much a decent hospital costs, start around 30m eh.

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
Kick em all out.
Bloody pansies as well.
Don't know what's going on in Britain today.

Anybody get irony or is that me banned or points on my license??

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So who pays for all the materials for these projects, who pays the workers........have you any idea how much a decent hospital costs, start around 30m eh.

i am no economist but perhaps this could come from the increased taxation through increased population.

Over population is a fact and the world will have to deal with it.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Politics isn't really something i want to get into but i would be happy to vote for a party that proposed this.

crikey,no political party in OZ are currently proposing concreting over vast swathes of the countryside?

you do surprise me

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
crikey,no political party in OZ are currently proposing concreting over vast swathes of the countryside?

you do surprise me

Much more immigration and we will need one of these.

Must have been shot in Oz, look at the space between houses and the non packed road..........

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

you do surprise me

Been loads of building going on over here since i moved here. That part is seems to have bi partisan agreement.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Much more immigration and we will need one of these.

Must have been shot in Oz, look at the space between houses and the non packed road..........

You really should emigrate:)

SM you really need to escape the busy roads, packing houses and immigrant ridden streets of Downtown Sompting....... it must be unrecognisable these days

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You really should emigrate:)

SM you really need to escape the busy roads, packing houses and immigrant ridden streets of Downtown Sompting....... it must be unrecognisable these days

Being a tiny country,and following a football team away over many years gives ample opportunities to visit parts of the country one might not normally visit and also a bit of perspective comparison wise as to how areas have changed over the years all over the country with population increase.

im sure you know this though.:thumbsup:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Being a tiny country,and following a football team away over many years gives ample opportunities to visit parts of the country one might not normally visit and also a bit of perspective comparison wise as to how areas have changed over the years all over the country with population increase.

im sure you know this though.:thumbsup:

If you are not happy with what you see, you can always try somewhere else. I think we agree here that overpopulation is a massive issue. If the only problem with immigration is the sheer weight of numbers and the pressure they put on infrastructure then it seems to me that there are two ways of dealing with it.

1. lower the number of migrants - the problem with this is that the uncontrolled migration comes mainly from the EU and to gain control you would have to leave the EU. This has its own problems and pitfalls.
2 You improve the infrastructure to accommodate the rise in population. This may need some creative thinking to solve all the problems but i think it can be done.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
A partial quote of a posting ! fair?

Just highlighting the important bit...
I presumed you posted it because you agreed with it.

If it's not your point of view that immigrant families can become english, then that's another matter, and i apologise for misprepresenting your lovely opinions.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
It's a mess at the moment. I am pro EU but the influx into the Schegen area should be a wake up call and the Schegen agreement should be disbanded. More because mainland European countries will be overrun with non EU immigrants than the UK. Dispite the Calais mess, we take in a relative small number of non EU. However this is mainly a story about how a Tory promise has been broken. They haven't hit anywhere near the target, intact full flow reversal. Epic Fail Mr Cameron.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here