Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Non EU migration IS controlled, Asylum Seekers and refugees ARE controlled.

It is only the movement within the EU that is not controlled.

So is it only EU migration you have a problem with?

I think you are playing with words here. So those walking through the tunnel, for example, then have their names ticked off from when they first entered the EU. do they? Just watched the situation in Hungary, where, surprise surprise, the migrants get rid of all paperwork relating to their nationality, as is the common complaint here. Yet again, you seem to be the fount of all knowledge regarding the situation in Europe.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Immigration to the UK is not controlled, the net figure in the last year, taking into account the amount of people that emigrated like yourself, is around 330,000. Many in this small country feel that is too many. I suppose if you live in a country 30 times the size of England with about a quarter of the population, then you might not appreciate the problem facing us.

That's not quite true though is it? Of the figure you have quoted part of that IS controlled As i pointed out Non EU immigration and Asylum seeker/refugees are controlled. This leaves the EU migrants uncontrolled (not forgetting the people sneaking in through Calais as HG pointed out).

So is it just uncontrolled (EU migration) you are concerned with?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Some chap on Newsnight just said
"I think immigration has a net benefit but there are people that it does not benefit" or words to that effect. I think that sums it up.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
but not enough water.

Well we do not have enough infrastructure, that does not stop you who presumably emigrated for a better life, telling many who live here what is best for us re immigration.
Perhaps now you live in a massive country with plenty of space, you get a kick out of seeing what is happening to a country you wanted to leave.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Well we do not have enough infrastructure, that does not stop you who presumably emigrated for a better life, telling many who live here what is best for us re immigration.
Perhaps now you live in a massive country with plenty of space, you get a kick out of seeing what is happening to a country you wanted to leave.

Just pointing out that every country has different issues with over population. The UK is not alone in this.

I don't get a kick out of anything, if it was only up to me I would move home tomorrow.

Anyway back to the question about controlled migration

That's not quite true though is it? Of the figure you have quoted part of that IS controlled As i pointed out Non EU immigration and Asylum seeker/refugees are controlled. This leaves the EU migrants uncontrolled (not forgetting the people sneaking in through Calais as HG pointed out).

So is it just uncontrolled (EU migration) you are concerned with?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Some chap on Newsnight just said
"I think immigration has a net benefit but there are people that it does not benefit" or words to that effect. I think that sums it up.

Ok, i'll run with that, do you think that after taking into account emigration the figures show that 330,000 more people are in this country in a YEAR. Can we take this year on year?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Just pointing out that every country has different issues with over population. The UK is not alone in this.

I don't get a kick out of anything, if it was only up to me I would move home tomorrow.

Anyway back to the question about controlled migration

How can it be controlled when the governments past and present have stated they would let in a lot less? where is the control? there is NONE, the EU are the controllers.
So i will ask you " do you think that after taking into account emigration the figures show that 330,000 more people are in this country in a YEAR. Can we take this year on year? "

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Very dry continent, and many droughts .

http://www.australia.gov.au/about-australia/our-country/the-australian-continent

i read somewhere a few years ago that as far as water was concerned we were at our population limit. Not sure this is entirely true but it does demonstrate that space is not the only limiter to population.

Yet you have stated many times that you think Oz should do more in taking in people........suddenly you reckon you are at your limit.........i'm alright Jack eh.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
How can it be controlled when the governments past and present have stated they would let in a lot less? where is the control? there is NONE, the EU are the controllers.
So i will ask you " do you think that after taking into account emigration the figures show that 330,000 more people are in this country in a YEAR. Can we take this year on year? "

Of course you CAN. If your government started to make decisions to facilitate it.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Of course you CAN. If your government started to make decisions to facilitate it.

What, concrete the English Channel, then the North Sea, we have hundreds of miles of the Atlantic too.

Our government will get onto it first thing in in the morning........

dangull

Feb 24, 2013

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Eureka, by god i think you've got it.
This is why many are not happy, this is why many say that there is too much immigration, this is why many are called racist/little Englanders etc, when all is needed is CONTROLLED immigration, this is why many think getting out of the EU is the way forward, why UKIP are popular.....because the "decisions" are not being made or facilitated, "decisions" that many want.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This is why many are not happy, this is why many say that there is too much immigration, this is why many are called racist/little Englanders etc, when all is needed is CONTROLLED immigration, this is why many think getting out of the EU is the way forward, why UKIP are popular.....because the "decisions" are not being made or facilitated, "decisions" that many want.

How much of the 330 000 isn't controlled?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

So if your government focused on solving the problems caused by overcrowding and pressure on infrastructure you would have no problem with migrants?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here