Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Agree. Keeper was weak there
No foul surely the goal should stand

Edit
Excellent…good decision
Are you telling me there would not have been a RAGING ref thread appearing in NSC SECONDS later ?

I thought it was a foul. But it shows how grey these areas are. Luton players were clearly thinking so too.

Let's start a poll. If this was against Albion, was it a foul ? :ROFLMAO:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Well, that was a laugh!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can see both sides. Trafford made a meal of it but at the same time the Luton guy seemed to step into him and made no attempt at the ball. Keepers are usual over protected. Really tough call.

Will go with correct call as it was the call on the field.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Weak goalkeeping. Definite goal.
I'm not even sure it was weak goalkeeping, more like unethical goalkeeping. He tried to con the ref by moving into the Luton player and collapsing when he could have probably punched the ball out of danger. He gambled and lost. It was a very poor decision on his part so I guess in that respect you could say it was weak.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Are you telling me there would not have been a RAGING ref thread appearing in NSC SECONDS later ?

I thought it was a foul. But it shows how grey these areas are. Luton players were clearly thinking so too.

Let's start a poll. If this was against Albion, was it a foul ? :ROFLMAO:
Called it as I saw it …shrug

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
A slight contradiction you get in football.

1. Striker feels contact and goes down - “he has earned his team a penalty and the defender should have avoided contact”

2. Goalie feels contact and goes down - “he has to be stronger”

I agree no foul. I just wish they used the same theory on attackers.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Are you telling me there would not have been a RAGING ref thread appearing in NSC SECONDS later ? I thought it was a foul. But it shows how grey these areas are. Luton players were clearly thinking so too. Let's start a poll. If this was against Albion, was it a foul ? :ROFLMAO:
No, not for me. I really despair at this stuff when they get away with it, regardless of who’s doing it. Pedro has made me wince and tut a few times.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Expected the second ref in VAR to give it. Big time club and keeper DEFFO gets the foul, especially when the slo-mo kicks in. Clear & Obvious? It’s just re-interpretation and is why VAR cannot work.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

1. Striker feels contact and goes down - “he has earned his team a penalty and the defender should have avoided contact”

It’s (1) that’s disgusting in modern football. The whole thing ….. managers coaching and encouraging it on the training ground, refs/VAR loving it, wankish pundits finding ways to justify it “It was a challenge that didn’t need to be made”, “Clever by the attacker”, “Well, although minimal, there was contact”.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
In my view Trafford misjudged the flight of the ball, it was much longer than he calculated. If the striker with whom he had contact was not there, Trafford would still have under judged the ball’s destination by 2 or 3 metres. Morris who headed home was a long way beyond Trafford. In my view, Trafford has realised this mid flight, and tried to manufacture impeding contact, to buy a fouls, to cover his blushes. Goal all day long, correct decision on field, and correct decision not to over-rule it. I know normally refs over protect keepers, but I’m really glad the ref has seen exactly what has happened here. Trafford would not have got anywhere near the ball.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023

Trouble is a goalie can feel contact whenever he wants by just doing goalie things — like jumping into a melee of players at a corner. If a goalie's just standing there and an opponent barges him over, he’ll get the foul, rightly. That wasn’t what happened tonight.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
That dive was similar to what Guehi did late on against us when Moder pressured him. Not even a nudge but felt contact and threw himself down. Welbeck had a simple chance but ref fell for it.

If that was our keeper being taken out like that, there wouldn’t be one of us not raging

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here