Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Turf Moor Thriller Tonight

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Burnley vs Luton better known as 19th plays 18th on a cold January night at Turf Moor, would imagine the TV companies have been fighting over this one... :lolol:
While I anticipate a decent game it could be that as the TV companies are obliged to show each team a minimum number of times they have decided to cross two lesser lights off the list in one go freeing them up to screen other more attractive fixtures.

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
Burnley vs Luton better known as 19th plays 18th on a cold January night at Turf Moor, would imagine the TV companies have been fighting over this one... :lolol:
I can hear them now:

[Sky speaking to TNT rep] “You broadcast it!”
[TNT speaking to Sky rep] “No, you broadcast it!!”
[Sky rep] “No, you take it!”
[TNT rep] “No, you!!!”
Both negotiators pause for a minute and then say in unison…
[Sky / TNT] “Perhaps we could get the game moved to Amazon’s week?”

Joking aside, with so much riding on the result it could be a very good game.

Or it may not.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Lest we forget, 1918?
Agincour for a dislike of the French, 1400s?
Both go back way more than 50 years.
Some folk have long memories, good and bad ...
I was sat in a bar in France during the Rugby World Cup, listening to this French guy tell me how poor our team was and that we had no chance in the tournament.

I said to him in my best Franglais that sometimes the underdog finds out a way to win and surprises everyone. ‘ Like when?‘ he said.

‘How about Agincourt‘, I replied.

They asked for the bill and left soon afterwards, I felt I had made my point well enough at the risk of some damage to the Entente Cordiale however!!

Jimmy Grimble

See someone describe it as the XL Bully derby :lolol:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I was sat in a bar in France during the Rugby World Cup, listening to this French guy tell me how poor our team was and that we had no chance in the tournament.

I said to him in my best Franglais that sometimes the underdog finds out a way to win and surprises everyone. ‘ Like when?‘ he said.

They asked for the bill and left soon afterwards, I felt I had made my point well enough at the risk of some damage to the Entente Cordiale however!!
Could have thrown in Waterloo for good measure too ...

el punal

You could have chucked in Crecy, Poitiers, Blenheim, Minden, Malplaquet, Trafalgar, any argy bargy in North America, losing the 2012 Olympic Games bid to London, Jonny Wilkinson booting them to defeat in 2003 and 2007, the England pack punching their lights out in the 1991 RWC . . . . Mon dieu! Sacre Bleu! Filthy Ros Bifs! :clap:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Did you stick two fingers up at him on his way out?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And a competition to see who can bring the largest number of their enormous local British Asian fan base to the stadium!

Oh.....hang on... :facepalm:

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Why are there so many TNT Sports games this weekend? 1 tonight and 2 tomorrow. Do they know I’ve cancelled my subscription now there’s a few months till we play in Europe again?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I should add that I'll deffo be watching. I can remember staring through my parked car window in the rain, and through the window of Rumbelows, to watch a first division live game, back in the day when my telly was so crap it was impossible to tell one player from another or see where the ball was. Bumley V Luton in HD? Yes sir. You betcha, sir.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here