Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Turf Moor Thriller Tonight

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Have heard some highly questionable chants away at both grounds in my time, but hey ho, that was then and this is now

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It’s a relegation 6 pointer and could be a cracking match. I’ll be watching. I’ve nothing against either club really. We’ve become rather snooty in recent times.
Yep, should be an enjoyable watch.

el punal

It’s a relegation 6 pointer and could be a cracking match. I’ll be watching. I’ve nothing against either club really. We’ve become rather snooty in recent times.
No we haven’t. We’ve had ‘previous’ with both Burnley and Luton in recent history. Burnley with the Gaetan Bong episode and subsequent homophobic and racist chants from their fans. Luton from decades ago have never liked us - 1969 was particularly, um, action packed off the pitch.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
If Burnley lose, they could end the weekend 8 points from safety with a vastly inferior GD to the teams around them (Bar Sheff U). Brentford would have two games in hand on them as well, and Luton one. Wouldn't be hugely surprised to see Kompany get the chop if so.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No we haven’t. We’ve had ‘previous’ with both Burnley and Luton in recent history. Burnley with the Gaetan Bong episode and subsequent homophobic and racist chants from their fans. Luton from decades ago have never liked us - 1969 was particularly, um, action packed off the pitch.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but 1969 was over half a century ago :lolol:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Having watched the last few Luton games I'm impressed by both Ross Barkley (31yo) & Andros Townsend (33yo). They're at a club expected to be relegated with no pressure at all. They play with a smile on their face enjoying what they are doing, but doing it very well.
Our game at Luton will be far from easy, indeed I'd settle for a draw.
Can see Luton staying up this season.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
This could end up being a decent watch. Luton have been entertaining of late and Burnley are no longer the hoof merchants they once were. Get the feeling an early goal could really set this one up.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Once all the actual players/participants in any dispute have vanished into history, I don't care about this stuff. Historical grudges that go on for decades, even centuries, are responsible for many of our ills.
Does it kick off at 5 to 5 ?
Well I understood the joke, even if these youngsters didn't.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I can’t wait for this humdinger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here