Trump

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Oh ok, fair enough.

Yep, he was as awful as we feared he might be. I'm glad he was kicked out and would've been happy if he'd been kicked out sooner.
Well I disagree with you. He wouldn't have lied about - well, everything, so in that sense he'd have been better. But he would have talked about peace between Russia and Ukraine while Ukrainians got slaughtered, and he wouldn't have stood united with other western countries to support Ukraine. Ukraine would be in a lot worse position with Corbyn in charge.

At the end of the day Johnson is a self serving ****, but he's not caused the damage to the world that Corbyn would have. His repeated lies over partygate, and employing people he knows are wronguns, are examples of the sort of person he is, and why we shouldn't have him as our PM, but in the big scheme of things, those things haven't damaged the world.

But you go ahead and give me stupid awards.

But all of the above is based on your assumption that Corbyn would have got a majority Government if Johnson hadn't got in (a very common assumption of 'It was either a Johnson majority Government or a Corbyn' one).

After the last 3 years of constant clusterf***s from Johnson and his cabal, and the loss of a lot of centralist conservative support there is now a possibility of Labour getting enough seats at the next election, under Starmer, to form a coalition with the LibDems/SNP/both.

I wouldn't call you stupid, but to think that a Labour majority was the only likely alternative to a Johnson majority, could be considered a little naïve ???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Probably best not to write "Just imagine him in charge when Russia invaded Ukraine. We'd be sending arms to Russia", with absolutely no context other than at the end of a tyraid against Corbyn, all of which I agreed with.
It was hardly a tyraid.

The Tories don't have to claim it when lazy 'comedians' do their work for them.
Right, so it's not Tory propaganda then. It was an off-the-cuff flippant remark - 'lazy comedian' doesn't really fit.

I find it hard to believe a Corbyn government would allow Shell, Centrica and BP to clock up billions of pounds in quarterly profits, while UK residences are forced into crippling energy debt - with considerably worse to come.
What exactly would they have done to stop it? What have the shadow government said they'd do to keep prices down? It's going to be awful, but don't just claim it would be so much better with Corbyn in charge when there's no evidence of that being true.

But I guess that's not really sassy enough for you.
Sassy? What the **** are you talking about? Corbyn wouldn't have supported Ukraine - that would have been awful in my opinion, and meant that the world would be in a worse place with him in charge. That's all. Nothing sassy or clever, just an opinion on life with Corbyn in charge.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But all of the above is based on your assumption that Corbyn would have got a majority Government if Johnson hadn't got in (a very common assumption of 'It was either a Johnson majority Government or a Corbyn' one).
If the question is 'would you rather Corbyn or Johnson won', then yes, a majority for one of them. We don't get many hung parliaments here. But sure, if you're offering me the option of voting for a hung parliament in the last election, that would be a tempting prospect. Although I'd still worry that a lack of clear leadership would harm Ukraine. Ideally both parties would have blamed their leaders and we could have had a new election with different candidates, but that's gone way into fatasy land.

I wouldn't call you stupid, but to think that a Labour majority was the only likely alternative to a Johnson majority, could be considered a little naïve ???
I simply said I'd rather Johnson in charge than Corbyn. If you want to respond with 'how about a hung parliament?' I could respond to that. Now you've got a strawman argument, as if I was arguing that there were only two possible outcomes. I wasn't :shrug:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I simply said I'd rather Johnson in charge than Corbyn. If you want to respond with 'how about a hung parliament?' I could respond to that. Now you've got a strawman argument, as if I was arguing that there were only two possible outcomes. I wasn't :shrug:

But everything you have said up to now was based on If Corbyn was in charge, which was never going to happen :shrug:

What exactly would they have done to stop it? What have the shadow government said they'd do to keep prices down? It's going to be awful, but don't just claim it would be so much better with Corbyn in charge when there's no evidence of that being true.

Sassy? What the **** are you talking about? Corbyn wouldn't have supported Ukraine - that would have been awful in my opinion, and meant that the world would be in a worse place with him in charge. That's all. Nothing sassy or clever, just an opinion on life with Corbyn in charge.

I'm guessing you don't do irony ?

Whether a Coalition led by Corbyn or ANO, a hung parliament or any other alternative to the huge Johnson majority would have seen Britain do better throughout Brexit, Covid and Russia nobody knows :shrug:

However, there seem to be some people who like to claim that they were 'forced' to vote for Johnson as all and any of the alternatives would definitely be worse. Because if all of the alternatives, were not far worse than Johnson's last three years, that would mean they have done something not too clever :wink:

Anyway, what's done is done, we're now totally f***ed, enjoy the match :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So to think that was the only likely alternative (which I didn't say) would be naive, but...

But everything you have said up to now was based on If Corbyn was in charge, which was never going to happen :shrug:
Right ???

I'm guessing you don't do irony ?
Just imagine him in charge when Russia invaded Ukraine. We'd be sending arms to Russia.
Ok.

Whether a Coalition led by Corbyn
What? You just said that was never going to happen.

However, there seem to be some people who like to claim that they were 'forced' to vote for Johnson
Well (as I've said) I didn't vote for Johnson, so I'm not one of them. Nor did Mrs T, she'd never vote Tory.

It's simply my opinion that being led by Corbyn would have been worse. Alternatives (like a hung parliament, or a slim majority for Johnson) may have been better, but I wasn't commenting on that.

Anyway, what's done is done, we're now totally f***ed, enjoy the match :thumbsup:
I will if we win.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
They aren't calling for depfeffel over Mother Teresa or George from Rainbow.

TBH I think I'd rather Johnson over Truss.
At least the lying **** is lying because he's a lying **** who only has the interests of himself, you can work with that.

Truss is a lying **** who thinks she is doing the right thing, despite her rank stupidity, and inability to do anything right.

If she were American all she'd say is 'I pray each night and God tells me what to do'.

The problem is that now there can be no element of doubt that Johnson is a liar, Truss says she will abandon the Parliamentary Privileges inquiry in to whether Johnson lied to parliament re Partygate. They know he is guilty so they must abandon the inquiry, that is how low we have sunk that lying seems to pay off. Truss has witnessed this at close hand so she's able to slander anyone, anything or any truth which used to be accepted. We have allowed liars to succeed.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Some American friends have said that the risks of punishing Trump, satisfying as it may be, may far outweigh the benefits with almost guaranteed riots and associated civil disorder and possible deaths.

They would love to see him locked up and it goes against any sense of fair play and justice but in their opinion it may be better for the country for him just to sink into eventual obscurity.

Not sure I agree but can see their point of view, America is still a deeply divided country and needs a period of healing and reconciliation, if that's possible, and Trump continues to be nothing more than a sideshow and distraction.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59168626

Trump-Russia Steele dossier analyst charged with lying to FBI

A Russian analyst who worked on a dossier that made unsubstantiated claims linking Donald Trump to the Kremlin has been arrested in the US.

The Department of Justice charged Igor Danchenko, 43, with lying to the FBI.

He was detained as part of an inquiry into the origins of baseless claims that Mr Trump colluded with Russia to win the 2016 election.

The so-called Steele Dossier was used by the FBI to obtain surveillance warrants on a top Trump aide.

The document was held up by Democrats to paint Mr Trump as a Russian puppet, a narrative amplified in a feedback loop by most US media for much of the president's four years in office.

A lawyer for the Russian analyst did not immediately respond to requests for comment, Reuters news agency reports.

Mr Danchenko worked with ex-British spy Christopher Steele on the dossier.

You're merely reinforcing the point I made: you are prone to conspiracy theories, and are attracted to 'strong men' who claim to resolve them (while, at the same time, perpetrating others, because this is the fuel that sustains them).

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
You're suggesting that "We'd be sending arms to Russia" is Tory propaganda? It was a joke. That's not been claimed by the Tory's has it? I genuinely feel it would be awful for Ukraine if Corbyn was in charge - we wouldn't be helping them at all. But I don't (seriously) suggest for one second we'd actually be arming Russia.

Russia would be sending NATO arms back.......... never mind.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1558289365004128264[/tweet]

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Sadly our current and previous leaders ignored the Russian threat. However had Corbyn been in power, he wouldn't have responded.

I haven't checked my figures but the UK has provided £2 billion and US 40 billion. We're small fry.
We gave more than £2 billion to rich tory donors as Covid help.
Will Russia's attack end by Ukraine retaining all it's territory.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yes clearly if the man is Putin. Putin needs leaders like Corbyn in order to keep taking things which aren't his.

Sadly our current and previous leaders ignored the Russian threat. However had Corbyn been in power, he wouldn't have responded.

Not only do you not understand grammar, you can't stick on the point. Putin has taken what isn't his, and the liar hasn't been able to do anything about it, beyond facilitating the oligarchs takeover of Mayfair, meeting ex-KGB officers off-the-record while Foreign Secretary, delivering Brexit for the (oxymoronic) Nationalists International for Putin and Bannon. I could go on.
I'd imagine you'd regard these all to be distinct.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports