Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Despite all the overwhelming evidence it looks like the lying Trump will get off and the Republican Senators no matter what evidence comes before them (smoking gun and dead body wouldn't matter and Trump has already stated this) they favour party over the constitution and he will fulfill his 4 year term and be defeated for re-election.

Who is going to beat him next election?

Biden is as corrupt as they come and failing mentally so he'll get smashed.

Warren is no hope given Black voters have next to no interest in her.

Bernie might have a shot but the Democrat power brokers don't like him and will most likely try and sabotage his chances like they did last time.

Who else has has the personality and backing of the Democrats to win?

Yang has just boycotted MSNBC. So that Neoliberal lot will attack him.

Harris is a joke.

Gabbard is a star but the Democrats have been going full attack mode on her because she's challenging the war complex and the money it makes corrupt politicians and military head honchos.

Booker has dropped off in terms of being pushed as a potential nominee.

Buttigieg isn't going to do it.

So who beats him?

If I was selecting a ticket it would be Bernie with either Gabbard or Yang as the vice. That's the best hope of beating Trump l.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Bullshit Bus has arrived, a couple of corking lies already today! Going to be a fun couple of days keeping track of them all.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I think a lot of people will be surprised by how well Buttigieg will do in the coming months. I'm waiting to see if he and his husband can overcome some interesting obstacles.

He has massive issues with next to no traction with Black American voters.

He just received 0% support from Black Democrats in South Carolina.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think a lot of people will be surprised by how well Buttigieg will do in the coming months. I'm waiting to see if he and his husband can overcome some interesting obstacles.

I can see him being the VP candidate, I think he's brilliant and with a big future - but he needs a bit more national exposure. I see him as a VP candidate, hopefully in a successful presidential campaign and then he's the presumptive nominee in 8 years time.

He has massive issues with next to no traction with Black American voters.

He just received 0% support from Black Democrats in South Carolina.

Or, the ones who were polled at least. I put no faith in polls at all, they're not particularly representative. His well publicised lack of support from Black voters feels exxagerated. Ultimately, the proof will be in the voting numbers when it comes time. Something for him to address in the meantime, but not something to be particularly concerned about.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Or, the ones who were polled at least. I put no faith in polls at all, they're not particularly representative. His well publicised lack of support from Black voters feels exxagerated. Ultimately, the proof will be in the voting numbers when it comes time. Something for him to address in the meantime, but not something to be particularly concerned about.

History shows that no Democratic nominee has ever been selected without showing strong support in polls from Black and Hispanic voters.

Dems place a lot of importance in polls.

His best chance of being a potential VP on a ticket would seem to be with Warren.

Bernie would most likely have Gabbard as they both share similar foreign policy views.

Biden could pick from a few but has said he'd prefer a woman or person of colour.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
maga.jpg

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
History shows that no Democratic nominee has ever been selected without showing strong support in polls from Black and Hispanic voters.

Dems place a lot of importance in polls.

His best chance of being a potential VP on a ticket would seem to be with Warren.

Bernie would most likely have Gabbard as they both share similar foreign policy views.

Biden could pick from a few but has said he'd prefer a woman or person of colour.

History was against Trump, but it didn't stop him! They can place as much importance in the polls as they want, ultimately it's what happens on voting day that matters and they'll pick up the pieces afterwards. Polling means nothing to me, it's such a poor sample size comparative with what will happen on the day that matters. It really frustrates me how much coverage of all events is focused on a poll, it's something tangible to discuss but it's not really a reflection on what will ultimately happen. I agree that he's most likely to be VP for Warren, but I don't agree Bernie would want Tulsi Gabbard. It's all conjecture, but I don't really see him wanting her too heavily involved. I think Biden would go for Kamala Harris, if he's going to pick from the field. Maybe Corey Booker, but I don't see Booker has having much general appeal.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1201813909696655361[/TWEET]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
[TWEET]1201813909696655361[/TWEET]
Poor old Donald has a very selective memory! I think that if The Donald says " He does not know them " that means he is fully aware that person is a hot potato and it's the easiest way to move the conversation along to other subjects.. Like " Calling the result of the Brexit election " the day after the result was announced!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Mike Bloomberg, who was the ex mayor of New York has just entered the fray as a Democratic candidate. I think he did a pretty good job as Mayor, he was a successful businessman (unlike Trump) and a proper billionaire (unlike Trump) and proved he was a good administrator who got things done - if you can run NYC you should be able to be President. He also put a lot of his own money into gun reform.

He can come over as a bit aloof but I think he is a decent guy and he certainly has the money to fund a campaign.

A lot of Democratic voters have to stop being so picky - everybody has made mistakes and has some baggage (he changed the two term limit for NYC Mayor and ran for a third term of office and he screwed up with his 'Stop and Frisk' policy) - and get behind a candidate otherwise this f***** will get another 4 years in the White House.,

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Mike Bloomberg, who was the ex mayor of New York has just entered the fray as a Democratic candidate. I think he did a pretty good job as Mayor, he was a successful businessman (unlike Trump) and a proper billionaire (unlike Trump) and proved he was a good administrator who got things done - if you can run NYC you should be able to be President. He also put a lot of his own money into gun reform.

He can come over as a bit aloof but I think he is a decent guy and he certainly has the money to fund a campaign.

A lot of Democratic voters have to stop being so picky - everybody has made mistakes and has some baggage (he changed the two term limit for NYC Mayor and ran for a third term of office and he screwed up with his 'Stop and Frisk' policy) - and get behind a candidate otherwise this f***** will get another 4 years in the White House.,

i would expect Bloomberg would appeal to the centre ground, moderate republicans and be a very good candidate.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Ah, the complete oppo of two former NYC mayors. Bloomberg/Giuliani,

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Didn't Rudy have that gig? I'm not sure I'd want him as president :ohmy:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Was it a different Donald Trump that answered a question about a post Brexit trade deal by saying along the lines of " The NHS will be discussed in any trade talks with the US, when you talk trade, everything is on the table "?

He lies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here