Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travellers v seagulls fixture

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Had to share this one with one and all as you couldn't make it up if you tried.

One of my boys plays for the junior Seagulls and we had a friendly match tonight arranged against Mile Oak up at Southwick hill. Anyway the boys are on the pitch warming up in their gleaming green and black stripes and you've guessed it, travellers roll up and actually drive onto the pitch with the boys there and park their bloody caravans. Match obviously abandoned before KO and one parent brave enough to mention they are ruining a children's football match gets the old don't give a shit attitude.

I am generally a live and let live person but to say they don't do themselves any favours is an understatement!

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Disgraceful...... And the Pikeys are far too close to my house for my liking!

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
The whole travellers thing in England still baffles me. When I was across last month my mate had to deal with some trying to come in and park in car park at a factory he ran security for. Here if you try to "camp" (if you will) on private land you can be charged.....

eggshell blonde

Oct 21, 2007
Portslade
Yep, thats it, Pikeys walking down my road now, eyeing every house as they go.
The fair is on at Victoria Park so hopefully only here for a couple of days.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
every day a taxi driver mate of mine picks traveller's kids up from the site in Patcham to take them to school paid for by the council because the site is more than a certain distance from the school - madness

Gullzone

Apr 14, 2012
This Green and Pleasant Land
Its a funny thing they choose to opt out of society, dont pay tax, council tax or national insurance and yet reap the benefits of everything we pay for. There's pc progress for you

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
And how does it work with those from Eire (like most of those in the now closed down Essex site)? Do they all get benefits despite having contributed nothing?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Had to share this one with one and all as you couldn't make it up if you tried.

One of my boys plays for the junior Seagulls and we had a friendly match tonight arranged against Mile Oak up at Southwick hill. Anyway the boys are on the pitch warming up in their gleaming green and black stripes and you've guessed it, travellers roll up and actually drive onto the pitch with the boys there and park their bloody caravans. Match obviously abandoned before KO and one parent brave enough to mention they are ruining a children's football match gets the old don't give a shit attitude.

I am generally a live and let live person but to say they don't do themselves any favours is an understatement!

I'm the Chairman & Secretary of Mile Oak Wanderers and we're gutted about this. They all turned up this evening in their 4x4 and just pitched up with no regard for any of the kids who were due to play.

I'm sorry you guys had to come all the way over, only for the game to be postponed.

We've reported this to the Police and PACA who own the field and so hopefully we can get the game replayed soon as the land is private property, owned by Portslade Academy.

What makes my blood boil is that we have around 5 teams training up there on a saturday morning and now, we're stuffed for training this weekend but it's not like they care!

As you can imagine, my evening has been spent on the phone trying to get this sorted and it remains to be seen how long it will be and I wouldn't mind, but we asked the travellers to move off the pitch to another part of the area and they refused.

This is utterly frustrating and the people that it affects are the kids who just want to get a couple of games of football in.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Perhaps you could get the local Saxo and Corsa boys with their insane ICE to spend a late evening up there showing off their Subwoofers, the locals could all chip in for some McDonalds to keep them going, maybe they could do it every night until, oh I don't know, the scumbags f*** off.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Everyone who cares should contact the council...

To contact the Traveller Liaison Team, please phone (01273) 292044 or email travellers[MENTION=3357]brighton[/MENTION]-hove.gov.uk.

Tell them to forward any correspondence to the council leader and remind them you are a council tax paying voter.

Might be pissing in the wind but it might make you feel a bit better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here