Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Update - Paul Barber (merged)

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I do think a lot of people change theirs as the season progresses, we win a couple and all of a sudden a play-off place is demanded.

This was especially true the season before (under GP) when I think everyone would have been happy with a playoff spot before the season.

However, I can see the point of the people that say we missed a massive opportunity to go up automatically that year. There is some merit in sensibly flexing according to the situation.

But on the whole I agree with you.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
By Sept 1st we will have our business done. So in a nutshell that means playing the waiting game, of agents trying to get the best deals for their clients and we will see who blinks first over demands.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
You can't argue with what Barber has been said and the message re-enforced but I have to say what a nauseating thread this is. There is a mixture of posts almost comparing these musings to the Oracle of Delphi, a sprinking of sense but another chance for the usual dullards to use that god awful Bed wetting phrase.

I think I'm going to take a break from NSC until the first game has been played and we can all argue about how shit our summer signings have been after 90 minutes of competitive action that half of us won't even witness because we are on holiday. Either that or a proper binfest when Cheltenham turn us over 0-3. Then we can have a proper go at each other. There is only so many ways we can all say the same things - i.e that 3,4 or 5 players is the requirement, ideally for next Saturday, hopefully for 1st Sept and definitely for the loan window.

Roll on Sheffield Wednesday. If it doesn't get called off because of Peppa Pig that is.

Don't flounce after posting quality, sensible stuff like this. Need someone else to point out the almost peculiar and almost desperate fawning and sucking-up that goes on in response to any old missive issued from the Barberbunker. Most bizarre.

Russconha

Jul 8, 2012
Littlehampton
I can't believe PB has waited this long to make a statement.

Fast moving Championship CEOs snap up the decent statements early in the close season, leaving us to hear the same old 'nothing to see here, move along' year in year out.

Maybe if David Burke had identified some decent and affordable statements we might have been fed some more interesting waffle this time round.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Don't flounce after posting quality, sensible stuff like this. Need someone else to point out the almost peculiar and almost desperate fawning and sucking-up that goes on in response to any old missive issued from the Barberbunker. Most bizarre.

Thank god, I'm not alone

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Transfer Update - Paul Barber (merged)

And there is me hoping wed managed to flog Barber of to Waterlooville or Gateshead FC when I saw the title.:tantrum:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I live in hope that a big wedge of the cash will be spent on a 20+ goal a season striker to replace Leo.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

Im sure there are a few that woud follow barber around with their heads shaved while chanting and wearing Orange cloth. Although the way tthey go on you would expect even bloody Krishna would bow down to barber.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Yes. Good job PB. Definitely needed to be done. Needed to cover for our normal slow recruitment. Plenty of fans rightly concerned with still being 4 or 5 players short. This despite the rose tinted spectacle wearing goons on here saying it's all good. It isn't.

It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse....................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here