Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Update - Paul Barber (merged)

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
So there we have it, but some of you will still not believe it.

Sami identifies which areas of the squad need improving.

David Burke then does the donkey work and identifies who is available to meet that criteria.

Offers are then made and the players arrive or not as the case may be.

So no undue interference from Burke or Barber.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So there we have it, but some of you will still not believe it.

Sami identifies which areas of the squad need improving.

David Burke then does the donkey work and identifies who is available to meet that criteria.

Offers are then made and the players arrive or not as the case may be.

So no undue interference from Burke or Barber.

This sort of stuff has a sell-by date, it would seem. For some, it's a few days or weeks.

For others, it's the moment they stop reading it.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Don't worry, the cool kids will soon move on from 'bedwetter' to the next trendy lingo.
I think it is something they have all experienced themselves time and time again and then they need to impose it on everybody else by writing it on a forum the following day whilst there sheets are being washed to be ready for the next night ... bless them I think Tesco's might sell something that will help

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Mind you - for the next few weeks its going to be interesting seeing people trying not to wee and its going to be hard to tell the pissy knickers from the ones with incontinence

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Disappointed. The font was FAR to large. He could have had at least another 50 paragraphs with a smaller one.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
There's some people on this forum that would benefit from the following paragraphs;

"Transfer windows are strange beasts. They don’t always work on the inside in the way fans, journalists or other observers perceive them to work from the outside."

“It’s a complex, competitive and highly unpredictable business. And, in a climate where financial fair play is biting in different ways, cool heads and patience is absolutely key."

“I would also ask our fans to also be patient. However frustrating it may be for some of our supporters, it makes no sense for us to talk publicly about our targets, our budget or our priorities - but fans should not mistake this silence for inactivity."

Isn't this what the majority of us have been saying? I am fully confident that come the opening day of the season we will have a squad good enough to compete for the playoffs and by September 1 we will have one of the strongest sides in the league outside of the relegated 3.

Its funny how a well written article can change peoples minds, for me all that stood out too. They are agreeing with what people have been saying, however articulating in the way that they have, people are seeing this as positive news, just after a transfer.

The Marketing guys could do with a bit of a kick up the chuff, but whoever is in charge of communications does a bloody good job.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
This seems like an expectation damping exercise for people who expect us to go out and buy players for stacks of cash now that we have made one significant signing.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
It makes perfect sense what that statement actually says, but hasn't more or less, the same thing been said every season for the last three seasons ?
It's great to tell the fans what they expect to hear, but now practice what you preach springs to mind.
Not written by himself more likely to have been written by a press officer for the club.
Not having a pop but, but it's less than two weeks until the beginning of the season now and we have again been one of the quietest clubs on the transfer fronts.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Basically p.barber reads NSC..

And been reading our comments on transfers and peoples moans :smokin:

if that is the case and I doubt he reads it probably someone in his office does CLACKERS bad idea otherwise you are doing OK

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
If Paul Barber is reading this... go and have a cuppa instead.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
if that is the case and I doubt he reads it probably someone in his office does CLACKERS bad idea otherwise you are doing OK

He does read NSC to keep his finger on the pulse otherwise Seagulls Player would have lost nearly all of its customers.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Just a shame its taken a while for Mr Barber to come out and speak
No it isn't. It's a shame he has to come out and do this sort of thing because fans can't control themselves if the club does not sign big money players on a regular basis.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
No it isn't. It's a shame he has to come out and do this sort of thing because fans can't control themselves if the club does not sign big money players on a regular basis.

Exactly. I was actually cringing Barber's article.

Not because of what he was saying. It was very well written.

It's the sheer fact that the club/he felt he needed to.

Amazing.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Has Barber ever released a statement that hasn't included the words financial fair play?

I wonder if he dreams about it in his queen size bed each night.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I miss the windowlickers, this word caused no controversy when used in public ever. FACT*.

*Not actually a fact. But it is ironic it was the bedwetters who once again screamed to the hills for a policeman.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here