Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Intrigue

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Couldn't get it together or Gus didn't know how to get the best out of him. ?.

How many players do we currently have in the squad, who have turned into a real Gem and played far better for us then there previous Clubs!. :shrug:

Bridcutt, Buckley, Kaz, Greer. Look what the coaching has done for El-abd. Barnes, arguably.
How's Tommy getting along at Bournemouth?

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Bridcutt, Buckley, Kaz, Greer. Look what the coaching has done for El-abd. Barnes, arguably.
How's Tommy getting along at Bournemouth?

Bridcutt and Buckley are only ones i would say that are worth mentioning in the same breath as Gems.

Bridcutt, we will see,
And Buckley, well Watford already knew how good he could be, that's why we forked out £1 million poxy quid for him.
Has he played far better for us...
P.s
El-abd, Is a thug type defender who won't be barging his way into the premier league i'm afraid.
ok, Maybe for stoke or sunderland type teams.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bridcutt and Buckley are only ones i would say that are worth mentioning in the same breath as Gems.

Bridcutt, we will see,
And Buckley, well Watford already knew how good he could be, that's why we forked out £1 million poxy quid for him.
Has he played far better for us...
P.s
El-abd, Is a thug type defender who won't be barging his way into the premier league i'm afraid.

The evolution of El Abd under Gus has been PHENOMENAL. He's a superb Championship CB now.

Buckley was an absolute steal at £1m, and has been far more prolific for us than Watford, as any Watford fan will attest.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
The evolution of El Abd under Gus has been PHENOMENAL. He's a superb Championship CB now.

Buckley was an absolute steal at £1m, and has been far more prolific for us than Watford, as any Watford fan will attest.

Don't get me wrong, I think buckley can be really good, But I see £1 Million as an investment, I just don't see a £1 Million player yet.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Don't get me wrong, I think buckley can be really good, But I see £1 Million as an investment, I just don't see a £1 Million player yet.

Then you are clearly watching a different team to everybody else. Moan that tonight was crap, yes, but to say that Buckley has not proved to be worth far more than what we paid for him is just being churlish.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Then you are clearly watching a different team to everybody else. Moan that tonight was crap, yes, but to say that Buckley has not proved to be worth far more than what we paid for him is just being churlish.
Buckley is fantastic, but...

He has never played a 100% full game, his engine is only good for 70 minutes.
Then there's his hamstrings, if today is an injury, it's just a long long list of games missed.

Is he a million pound player, yes.
But that says just as much about football finances than the bench mark for quality.

davidflick

Jul 10, 2011
Bridcutt is the one player who does it week in week out, we've got no one to replace him in that position.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
PHENOMENALLY shit tonight, Wasn't he.

He was slow. He is slow. Not sure what you're suggesting he does about that. He was below par yesterday but has been superb for months, so I can allow him one bad game. Whereas CMS gets TONNES of shit games and continues to start. The defence is definitely not the problem at our club.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
2 strikers in ( 1 from Europe )
1 central defender in

Replacement for Bridcutt if required
Replacement for Buckley if required - Buckley new contract so most probably staying
Replacement for CMS if required ( 3rd striker in )

Sparrow out
Harley out
Hoskins out

Could be busy

So where are we now?

I reckon Bridcutt and Buckley are definately staying, perhaps less certain with CMS.

Maybe Hoskins and / or Dobbie to go.

1 central defender, and possibly another striker to come in I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here