Trains out of London tonight

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
Should do what they do in Japan,the entire cost of all the delays is taken from the selfish fuckers estate.

Mrs JCF told me yesterday that the family of the jumper have to come and clean the front of the train and pick up the body parts as well. Nice

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I'd be interested to know what law changes you'd propose?
This-A coroner has to arrive and pronounce the person to be to be dead, it might be obvious to you and me but it's the law-if some c*nt has jumped in front of a train it doesnt need a corner to determine if he's dead.

This-the train has to be examined to determine everything is working correctly (brakes, horn etc) It is the law!- As I said ,it's a question of priorities.

This- The police must be completely satisfied that it's not a scene of crime. It's the law.

i'd be interested to kow how many of these suicides are witnessed, if , as I suspect many are, how long does it take to detrmine a crime.

And this -All the body parts must be found and recovered, after a high speed impact, this can take a long time, especially in the dark. It's the law.

As I've already said , it's a question of priorities.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Should do what they do in Japan,the entire cost of all the delays is taken from the selfish fuckers estate.

Now I LOVE this.
:(

There must be people who are so low that even that threat wouldn't deter them. Afterall, how desperate do you have to be to even want to consider throwing yourself in front of a train? To me, that is a shit idea and punishes innocent people who already have a berievement to deal with.

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
:(

There must be people who are so low that even that threat wouldn't deter them. Afterall, how desperate do you have to be to even want to consider throwing yourself in front of a train? To me, that is a shit idea and punishes innocent people who already have a berievement to deal with.

I don't even think that's true about the cost of delays coming out of the victims estate or the family having to pick up the body parts or clean the train to be honest. I don't know for sure but like you said it is a shit idea and punishes people who are already in a bad way

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
This-A coroner has to arrive and pronounce the person to be to be dead, it might be obvious to you and me but it's the law-if some c*nt has jumped in front of a train it doesnt need a corner to determine if he's dead.

This-the train has to be examined to determine everything is working correctly (brakes, horn etc) It is the law!- As I said ,it's a question of priorities.

This- The police must be completely satisfied that it's not a scene of crime. It's the law.

i'd be interested to kow how many of these suicides are witnessed, if , as I suspect many are, how long does it take to detrmine a crime.

And this -All the body parts must be found and recovered, after a high speed impact, this can take a long time, especially in the dark. It's the law.

The law did change on pronouncing a person dead as a paramedic can now do it in the event of a body being splattered ( I dont know about other times.
It's ministry of transport rules that a train has to be checked if it's been in a collision with a person, Just as your car would be if you knocked someone down and killed them.
It does'nt take long to determine if it's suicide under normal circumstances but it's still the law that it has to be determined before the clear up can start as nobody is allowed to disturb a scene of crime.
There are circumstances where trains can run while the body is still on the line but at the end of the day it still depends if train drivers are willing to pass the scene or not. ( they cant be made too )
Often the biggest delay is waiting for the undertakers to arrive and getting them too and from the scene and also getting clarification that all emergency services and other staff are clear of the line before the power supply can be restored and trains can start running again.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Yet somehow you show enough resolve to still post about 30 times a day every day. I admire your strength, your determination but most of all your hypocrisy.

Your pretty aggressive in most your posts, so i tend to ignore you

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(

You still haven't explained how you would change the law and what do you mean by "a question of priorities"?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
You still haven't explained how you would change the law and what do you mean by "a question of priorities"?
I've explained exactly how I would change the law, and by priorities, I place a higher priority on getting thousands of people home than collecting body parts, if it was an infrequent occurrence then I'd probably feel different, it's not , so I dont.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
One of my best friend's sisters jumped at Southwick last year! She had to identify what was left of her sister and hasn't slept properly since and doesn't go out or see anyone! Awful!

I suspect I was on that train - the third time I've had someone go under a train I was on, however this wass the first deliberate one, the other two were accidents.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I've explained exactly how I would change the law, and by priorities, I place a higher priority on getting thousands of people home than collecting body parts, if it was an infrequent occurrence then I'd probably feel different, it's not , so I dont.

Sweet Jesus - think about what you are saying. Getting you home on time is more important than dealing with a potential crime scene, taking care of and replacing the train driver, checking the train for damage (which can be considerable) and making sure all body parts are collected (or would you rather they were just left by the side of the track?)

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Sweet Jesus - think about what you are saying. Getting you home on time is more important than dealing with a potential crime scene, taking care of and replacing the train driver, checking the train for damage (which can be considerable) and making sure all body parts are collected (or would you rather they were just left by the side of the track?)
Me and thousands of others on a regular basis, yes.Check the train for damage in the yards, how often is it a "crime scene?" , how long does it take to get the driver out of the train and into some form of care ?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Me and thousands of others on a regular basis, yes.Check the train for damage in the yards, how often is it a "crime scene?" , how long does it take to get the driver out of the train and into some form of care ?

Well I would have thought it wise to check the train for damage before it is moved - ya know just in case of damage to brakes, horn etc, the driver will have to be interviewed by the police to check whether it was a suicide or not, a replacement driver has to be found, power has to be switched back on and as previoulsy stated if it happened at speed the "debris" could be spread far and wide. These things do take time and by the time these are all done trains are all over the place which leads to further delays. Of course it's irritating but there's precious little that can be done. Already the procedures are in place to get things done as fast as possible but both law and common sense dictates that it will inevitably take time.

Albion Rob

Anyone know why these incidents tend to happen in the evening rush rather than the morning one. I've had to call my wife numerous times to tell her I won't be back until got 10pm but I've never had to phone work to let them know I won't be in until after lunchtime (because of a suicide).

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone know why these incidents tend to happen in the evening rush rather than the morning one. I've had to call my wife numerous times to tell her I won't be back until got 10pm but I've never had to phone work to let them know I won't be in until after lunchtime (because of a suicide).

Depressed people drag their feet innit, don't get to the tracks until late afternoon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports