Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains out of London tonight

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Agree entirely with Dougal and Bushy. This is the first this year that I can remember but December was a complete nightmare.
Fair enough do kill yourself if you must but not when it affects thousands of other people.
Perhaps I'm callous, perhaps I'm selfish but am I any more selfish than the jumper who fucks everybody else off - I don't think so

---
I am here: Google Maps
Come on you super seagulls

Agree entirely with Dougal and Bushy. This is the first this year that I can remember but December was a complete nightmare.
Fair enough do kill yourself if you must but not when it affects thousands of other people.
Perhaps I'm callous, perhaps I'm selfish but am I any more selfish than the jumper who fucks everybody else off - I don't think so

---
I am here: Google Maps
Come on you super seagulls

Should do what they do in Japan,the entire cost of all the delays is taken from the selfish fuckers estate.

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
This is geting ridiculous, why does it take so bloody long to get the trains moving again

There are many reasons, none to do with the Rail companies!

1) A coroner has to arrive and pronounce the person to be to be dead, it might be obvious to you and me but it's the law.

2) The police must be completely satisfied that it's not a scene of crime. It's the law.

3) All the body parts must be found and recovered, after a high speed impact, this can take a long time, especially in the dark. It's the law.

4) Arrangements have to be made to get another driver to move the train to a place of quarantine, the train has to be examined to determine everything is working correctly (brakes, horn etc) It is the law!

5) Finally, some poor sods have to clean the mess up!

The vast majority of suicides are not pre-planned, please have some humility before you next feel like spouting off again?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Feel sorry for the train driver. If it is a jumper then may his or her soul burn in hell for all eternity. If IF you are going to top yourself then do it off beachy head or somewhere where only the emergency services are involved. At least theu are trained to deal with things like this.

Selfish, selfish ****. And usually always in the same area as well!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
My mates wife father is a train driver. Never worked again after an incident like this.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Feel sorry for the train driver. If it is a jumper then may his or her soul burn in hell for all eternity. If IF you are going to top yourself then do it off beachy head or somewhere where only the emergency services are involved. At least theu are trained to deal with things like this.

Selfish, selfish ****. And usually always in the same area as well!

Yeah - in and around Croydon !
Wonder why that is !!!

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
One of my best friend's sisters jumped at Southwick last year! She had to identify what was left of her sister and hasn't slept properly since and doesn't go out or see anyone! Awful!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
This is geting ridiculous, why does it take so bloody long to get the trains moving again, I know it sounds callous but this is an all too regular occurrence , on a different point I had to stand all the way from Clapham Jct to Haywards Heath last night, so glad my season ticket went up again.

Should you ever be unfortunate enough to be asked to clear up after a person has been struck by a train you will appreciate that it is neither a quick nor easy job for any of the agencies involved.

I've been done several and no matter what people may think, we don't sit about drinking tea.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Should you ever be unfortunate enough to be asked to clear up after a person has been struck by a train you will appreciate that it is neither a quick nor easy job for any of the agencies involved.

I've been done several and no matter what people may think, we don't sit about drinking tea.

A friend of my Uncle's used to do body retrieval oop narf in the early 90's. Every part of the body needs to be accounted for before the railway is reopened, and he used to take great pleasure in saying how far different parts of the body could fly from the point of impact.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
A friend of my Uncle's used to do body retrieval oop narf in the early 90's. Every part of the body needs to be accounted for before the railway is reopened, and he used to take great pleasure in saying how far different parts of the body could fly from the point of impact.

Aside from the parts scattered in and around the immediate vicinity, I've recovered pieces from trees, the roof of ticket offices and platform canopies, overhead lines and even neighbouring gardens. It isn't the sort of thing you would want your kids to find, or for the cat to bring in through the cat-flap, so irrespective of the legal requirements it is important every last piece is found and removed with due respect and dignity for the deceased and their loved ones.

Sorry for the delay, folks.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
I usually let my cat out around midnight when I go into the garden for a spliff and we're just a few yards from the railway track. The thought of puss coming in carrying an arm and me stoned. :ohmy:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Aside from the parts scattered in and around the immediate vicinity, I've recovered pieces from trees, the roof of ticket offices and platform canopies, overhead lines and even neighbouring gardens. It isn't the sort of thing you would want your kids to find, or for the cat to bring in through the cat-flap, so irrespective of the legal requirements it is important every last piece is found and removed with due respect and dignity for the deceased and their loved ones.

Sorry for the delay, folks.

Total respect mate recovering bits of bodies is not something I could do. During my years on the railway I searched for bodies, I found bodies, I managed to stop suicides happening and worst of all I saw them happen when I could'nt do anything to stop it but I allways drew the line at picking up the bits.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
There are many reasons, none to do with the Rail companies!

1) A coroner has to arrive and pronounce the person to be to be dead, it might be obvious to you and me but it's the law.

2) The police must be completely satisfied that it's not a scene of crime. It's the law.

3) All the body parts must be found and recovered, after a high speed impact, this can take a long time, especially in the dark. It's the law.

4) Arrangements have to be made to get another driver to move the train to a place of quarantine, the train has to be examined to determine everything is working correctly (brakes, horn etc) It is the law!

5) Finally, some poor sods have to clean the mess up!

The vast majority of suicides are not pre-planned, please have some humility before you next feel like spouting off again?
I never said it was the responsibility of the rail company, it's a question of priorities, I think there needs to be a change in the law.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

I very much doubt I will , it's not my job, it's yours.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I never said it was the responsibility of the rail company, it's a question of priorities, I think there needs to be a change in the law.

I'd be interested to know what law changes you'd propose?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here